Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2019, 10:14   #76
BHPian

Road tests on Faridabad Road

I have been observing some road tests during night hours on Faridabad roads. I have some pics.

Who are testing these cars? I know Faridabad has Hyundai India Quality Centre in Faridabad. Is Hyundai bringing something new?
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-tb1.jpg  

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-tb2.jpg  

evilminstrel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 15:40   #77
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

The QXi / Styx is the Carolina concept inspired by our love to the Creta.

Carolina
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyuyndaicarlinomain1.jpg

QXi / Styx
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-images-3.jpeg

This is the vehicle which will shake up the victory stand positions in the CSUV segment. Hyundai may parallely come up with facelifted Creta to sustain current numbers once its base variants are overlapped by Styx top variants.

Or, will there be a VFM base variant for Styx which will shake up lower segments and bring more numbers to its scoreboard?

Lets wait and watch.
Old 17th March 2019, 19:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

I find it intriguing that so many cars on the market these days have landed with the same front design language. That is, a thin led on top and the main headlights below. For example, the Tata Harrier, Chevrolet Blazer, Hyundai Kona, Santa Fe etc. It's like a global cartel of designers secretly agreed on it.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 20:07   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post

Or, will there be a VFM base variant for Styx which will shake up lower segments and bring more numbers to its scoreboard?...
Greedy Hyundai will probably move Creta pricing a half segment above to make space, add some missing features to soften the blow, instead of pricing this one lower.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 20:09   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Greedy Hyundai will probably move Creta pricing a half segment above to make space, instead of pricing this one lower.
Quite likely as the next generation Creta will grow in size, as the SP2 based on the same platform suggests.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th March 2019 at 20:10.
Old 17th March 2019, 20:19   #81
BHPian

While I agree with you on Hyundai being greedy, dont you think its happening across the segments?. For example, look at CRV and Tiguan pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Greedy Hyundai will probably move Creta pricing a half segment above to make space, add some missing features to soften the blow, instead of pricing this one lower.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 20:33   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
While I agree with you on Hyundai being greedy, dont you think its happening across the segments?. For example, look at CRV and Tiguan pricing.
They're all doing it, make no mistake about it. Creta just went from being overpriced to begin with for what it offered, got wildly popular with no competition (similar to the Innova), and the only way it'll go is up.

People are willing to pay up, why won't Hyundai cash in?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 23:49   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2019 Hyundai Carlino compact SUV spied testing in India.
Alright, so this is what Hyundai is testing on the Faridabad roads as well! I have been watching late night drives since last week on Mathura Road. Below is the link of pics:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...abad-road.html (Road tests on Faridabad Road)

Last edited by ampere : 18th March 2019 at 08:45. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 20th March 2019, 11:47   #84
BANNED

Hyundai Styx To Have Segment-First Features Like Ventilated Seats; Debut Next Month

Hyundai QXi could carry production name Styx and it will reportedly be offered with 1.0-litre turbo petrol and 1.4-litre Diesel engines. Hyundai Motor India Limited sells competitive products in the domestic market and most of them go up against Maruti Suzuki’s best-sellers in their respective segments. However, one glaring omission has been the sub-four-metre SUV space led by Vitara Brezza as Hyundai does not have a model on its own in this hotly contested as well as bunched up class.

Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Hyundai Styx To Have Segment-First Features Like Ventilated Seats; Debut Next Month
Translation: Hyundai Styx will have Segment-First price that will likely put your bank balance on ventilation.

Mahindra must be praying for styx to be way overpriced. Then their XUV300 will seem value for money. Just like Jazz made i20 seem value for money.
ashlil is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Carlino SUV spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Translation: Hyundai Styx will have Segment-First price that will likely put your bank balance on ventilation.

Mahindra must be praying for styx to be way overpriced. Then their XUV300 will seem value for money. Just like Jazz made i20 seem value for money.

My guess is that Hyundai will not make the kind of mistake that Mahindra did. They will try and match the Brezza variant to variant, probably 20-30k higher at best, offering slightly better features. And they would probably have an additional variant at the top which offers features like ventilated seats etc.

Also, they will push the Petrol versions like crazy, knowing that Maruti does not offer a petrol in the Brezza.

End result could be that the Brezza loses about 10% -20% of its monthly numbers, but the real ones to lose could be the Nexon, Ecosport and the XUV300.
And I also feel that the volumes for this segment could continue to grow at the cost of C segment sedans, meaning there is scope for overall growth for all players too.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 17:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
My guess is that Hyundai will not make the kind of mistake that Mahindra did. They will try and match the Brezza variant to variant, probably 20-30k higher at best, offering slightly better features. And they would probably have an additional variant at the top which offers features like ventilated seats etc.

Also, they will push the Petrol versions like crazy, knowing that Maruti does not offer a petrol in the Brezza.
And I would like the discounts on the other cars when this comes in. The competition augurs well, the more of it will have some induced benefits. The petrol indeed will be the trump card, on the international spec i20 it produces 99 bhp of power and a healthy torque figure of 171 Nm. The FE seems to be good at 22.22 km/l as well.

Waiting for the Styx eagerly. If it is overpriced would help me decide on the Ecosport easily, if not then I will have the one in Blue.
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:14   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's Subcompact to come in a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic variant, feature loaded and expect the top-spec variant with seven airbags, a reversing camera and more.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

Quote:
The QXi will be the second model in the compact SUV segment to have three engine options – a 100hp, 1.4-litre petrol engine and 90hp, 1.4-litre diesel motor (both four-cylinder mills are shared with the Hyundai Verna), along with a new 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. While the four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines are expected to be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, the 1.0-litre engine, which is expected to produce 100hp and 172Nm of peak torque, will be paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd March 2019 at 08:18.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's Subcompact to come in a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic variant, feature loaded and expect the top-spec variant with seven airbags, a reversing camera and more.
Wow! Just the 7-speed DCT has me drooling! Only EcoSport has the 6-speed TC gearbox in this segment, rest all have AMTs. If Hyundai can price this in Brezza range, they've another blockbuster on their hands! Even if the lower variants are in Brezza range and higher feature loaded variants fall in EcoSport range, it would still see healthy sales

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 22nd March 2019 at 08:50. Reason: Fixing typo
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:44   #90
BHPian

Exciting news for Hyundai but not sure about Customers!

//Rant Start//
The Sub 4m category was the one where Hyundai did not have a presence and looks like they are going to storm into them. While more cars and choices are good for customers, it should not be at the cost of Price. One major factor no manufacturer is willing to admit is that cars are at all time high price and that is one contributing factor for falling sales. Mahindra has already pushed the price range of this segment with XUV300. While we wait to see whether it will be a flop or hit, one thing everyone can agree is that Hyundai always overprices their cars whether it's a hit or flop. This one is not going to be different. So this will prompt Creta prices to go up which is already overpriced. They need to overprice Creta for 2 reasons. One to have sufficient buffer range for this car and also to ensure Kia Concept SUV does not look heavily overpriced when it is launched.
In effect price for the crazy SUV range is bound to go up. Will that stop people from buying these? Absolutely No. India right now have quite a bit number of millionaires who are not that "value for money" conscious. They just need a good solid car and Creta surely is that. I am sure this one as well as Kia SP Concept will also be solid cars. This will only be a problem for budget constrained public who look for value for money.
Totally off-topic but hats off to TATA for the way they have priced Nexon in this category. Absolute value for money. Hope people realize that.
//End of Rant//
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed