Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:56   #91
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's Subcompact to come in a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic variant, feature loaded and expect the top-spec variant with seven airbags, a reversing camera and more.
Good news! Having booked Nexon in Aug 17 & later converting the booking to Harrier, which unfortunately was launched only in manual mode and hence fell short of my expectation. Looking forward to an early launch here and hopefully this should meet our expectation in terms of features snd as well size considering indian road & parking conditions...!

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2019 at 14:44. Reason: Fixing Quotes.
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:11   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Ready for launch, teaser released.

volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:38   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ready for launch, teaser released.
Came here to post the same and (as usual) you beat me to it !!

Hyundai was the first to invite us to drive camouflaged cars (e.g. Grand i10). Now, they're the first to release a promotional video with a camo'ed car!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:14   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, they're the first to release a promotional video with a camo'ed car!
Didn't the Tata Harrier also had such promotional video's before the launch with a camouflaged car?
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveT View Post
Good news! Having booked Nexon in Aug 17 & later converting the booking to Harrier, which unfortunately was launched only in manual mode and hence fell short of my expectation. Looking forward to an early launch here and hopefully this should meet our expectation in terms of features snd as well size considering indian road & parking conditions...!

I really doubt the claim of a DCT. In fact a report from Car and Bike mentions an AMT, which is more likely considering this car is supposedly based on the Grand i10 platform, probably the next gen Grand i10, at least that is what CNB reports.

So if this is the case, why would Hyundai offer a DCT? Neither the Verna and the Creta get it, so I really doubt this. And plus, I do not think even the Tucson offers a DCT, so this also means that Hyundai does not manufacture a DCT in India as yet.

I do not see the economics of it. Globally, DCTs have always had higher failure rates and Hyundai is no pioneer of this gearbox technology.

And then the competition, Brezza, Nexon offer an AMT and with Hyundai making a new push for the AMTs starting with the new Santro and probably even the next gen i10 and Xcent, I feel it would be an AMT or probably the existing auto box from the Xcent or Grand i10.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 06:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

So if this is the case, why would Hyundai offer a DCT? Neither the Verna and the Creta get it, so I really doubt this.
I do not see the economics of it. Globally, DCTs have always had higher failure rates and Hyundai is no pioneer of this gearbox technology.

And then the competition, Brezza, Nexon offer an AMT.

This platform is shared with KIA so is the new engine and transmission options.

On competition - Hyundai would be looking for a premium pricing so it'll be apt to put in a DCT and not a AMT.
Old 23rd March 2019, 14:23   #97
BHPian

Did anyone noticed headlamps??

Looks Stunning
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190323_142152.jpg  

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190323_142130.jpg  

Lakshit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 15:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Came here to post the same and (as usual) you beat me to it !!

Hyundai was the first to invite us to drive camouflaged cars (e.g. Grand i10). Now, they're the first to release a promotional video with a camo'ed car!
Didn't MG promote the upcoming Hector this way too?
Old 24th March 2019, 10:07   #99
BHPian

Hyundai is not the first to do a promotional video with a camouflaged car in India.
I can recall that MG Hector and Tata Harrier also did the Camouflaged promotional videos.
Old 24th March 2019, 17:10   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai STYX is almost confirmed as the name of the CUV for International markets - Not known if the same name will be for the Indian version too.

Quote:
Although It has not yet been formally announced, the Styx baptism is given virtually as certain. Hyundai came to consider the name Leonis, but difficulties encountered in the registration of patents seem to have made the mark give up the idea. In This way, Styx gained strength and ended up winning the dispute.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th March 2019 at 17:11.
Old 24th March 2019, 19:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Didn't MG promote the upcoming Hector this way too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
Hyundai is not the first to do a promotional video with a camouflaged car in India.
I can recall that MG Hector and Tata Harrier also did the Camouflaged promotional videos.
They could claim it as first one to do in this segment

Car looks good. Finally a real threat for Vitara Brezza, Maruti better launch the petrol version soon.
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 08:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai STYX is almost confirmed as the name of the CUV for International markets - Not known if the same name will be for the Indian version too.

Link
The name speculated for Qxi is VENUE as per IndianAutosBlog article

https://indianautosblog.com/hyundai-qxi-venue-p316813

Not sure how a name such as VENUE will reflect on the so called SUV

Last edited by FIAT3031 : 26th March 2019 at 08:20. Reason: Grammatical Error
FIAT3031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 08:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Hyundai is going to hit it out of the park with the Styx.
This car will challenge the Brezza for the top spot in the segment - Though this will be priced half-a-segment higher than the Brezza in the same ballpark as Ecosport/XUV300, it has enough bells and whistles along with typical Hyundai quality which should justify the higher pricing. If the rear space and boot space are adequate, I can imagine many of the next segment base-variant buyers of Creta/Duster/Kicks etc going for this instead.

I am looking for a mid-size SUV in the Creta segment but this one has got me interested. I am wondering if Hyundai will stop the Creta 1.4 version with the launch of this car.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 11:25   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai QXi compact SUV India unveil on April 17, 2019, at the New York motor show.

Features and specifications will be known by mid-May when the model goes on sale.

Quote:
Pricing will be more in line with the Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300.
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

Quote:
The Hyundai QXi will be available in India with three engine-gearbox options. There will be a 100hp, 1.4-litre petrol and a 90hp, 1.4-litre diesel engine, both of which will come with 6-speed manual transmissions. The QXi will also get an automatic option that will club a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. Notably, the Hyundai QXi automatic will be the only dual-clutch option in the compact SUV segment.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th March 2019 at 11:28.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 12:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai QXi compact SUV India unveil on April 17, 2019, at the New York motor show.

Features and specifications will be known by mid-May when the model goes on sale.

Attachment 1863084

Link
Have you noticed in every article about the Styx, Autocar India keeps stressing on the Dual Clutch transmission and keeps saying it was once available in the Ecosport and now no other company has it. Full marketing..
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks