Attachment 1864736
My guess would be the display for the ACC
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 19:54   #167
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As for the fourth button on the key fob, I think it will be a panic button as seen in other Hyundai cars.
Isn't this remote start button like in VW Passat? RavenAvi posted about this here (The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)). (Page 9, #129)

Last edited by batish : 1st April 2019 at 19:56.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 20:01   #168
BHPian

Looks like it wears 215/60/R16 tyres which is same as that of Tata Nexon and that of Suzuki Brezza ZDI
Old 1st April 2019, 21:21   #169
BHPian

I would be surprised if this is not priced close to Verna. The features themselves are showing no intentions of cost cutting on higher end versions, add to the fact that Hyundai recently discontinued lower trims of Creta, point to a pricey car. I expect top end petrol to be around 12.5 with diesel touching 14 ex-showroom Delhi.

Creta with facelift will touch 17 for the highest end. Kia SP2I will slot in the middle of Venue and Creta.

While Creta was in a segment with almost no competition because of which it was able to pull it off, that's not the case in what is perhaps the hottest segment in the market.
autorahul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 23:36   #170
BHPian

Will the 1.0 L turbocharged engine get the DCT exclusively ?

Apparently the Hyundai DCT isn't one of the best transmissions as per outside India reviews. Please correct me if I'm misinformed, but it looks like the Hyundai DCT comes with its own share of problems like the DSG which most consider to be the more superior DCT. And we're all very well aware of DSG's reliability issues in Indian vehicles.

Would like to have an expert opinion on this.
Old 2nd April 2019, 00:39   #171
BHPian

The SX variant is the one with the Automatic gearbox and is missing rear viper. You can check the 'blue' color on the right rear view mirror in the interior picture. That means, there might not be an automatic in the top variant.
Old 2nd April 2019, 09:43   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Apparently the Hyundai DCT isn't one of the best transmissions as per outside India reviews. Please correct me if I'm misinformed, but it looks like the Hyundai DCT comes with its own share of problems like the DSG which most consider to be the more superior DCT. And we're all very well aware of DSG's reliability issues in Indian vehicles.
There is nothing like "superior DCT", if anything the only differences are in the software programming and engine tune. The basic layout of any dual clutch transmission is actually a "copyrighted" thing so to speak, manufactured by either BorgWarner, GETRAG, Graziano, etc. Manufacturers like Fiat and Hyundai do it in-house as well but the layout and design are exactly the same.

As I've always said, dual-clutch is perhaps the most overrated auto gearbox in the world, more so in India. I know what it is, and it is great.. I even voted the DSG as the most optimal auto-box in the Team-BHP poll, over and above torque converters simply due to its transition speed between clutches. However drive it in bumper to bumper traffic, normal metro roads and the torque converter is no different, better even as we can learn to modulate the shifting by pressing the pedal.

YES, there is indeed a question of reliability.. but it doesn't boil down to the design of the dual-clutch box itself (wet or dry), there are numerous factors like ambient temperatures, type of traffic, driving style and luck that can result in them being extremely reliable or extremely unreliable. For every 100 DSGs that VW have sold, only 20, perhaps may have had issues. Same should be applicable to Hyundai as well.

BTW, while everyone may drool over this 1 litre turbo with 7 speed dual clutch of Hyundai.. I never got the reason why people are obsessed with DCT.. I've driven a big daddy Audi Q3 diesel with a 2 litre engine and 7 speed S-Tronic, it was pretty boring to be honest, not that I hated it, quite the contrary. Just don't over-hype the transmission is all.

Last edited by dark.knight : 2nd April 2019 at 09:47.
dark.knight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:30   #173
BHPian

I'd like to say a sincere thank you to the person who "convinced" the dealership employee to remove the camouflaging and take pictures of the car.

On the other hand, I'd like to also pass on a few unpleasant words on behalf of the people working in the automotive industry...

All the work that companies put in to launch these vehicles is meaningless because of some greedy individuals.

I'm quite positive its not a member of this forum who took those pictures.

Spy shots are fine; this is intentional abuse of privilege

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd April 2019 at 10:31.
qr20de is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

We had finalized the Nexon XZA+ (AMT) as we found the XUV300 to be too expensive and not to mention, the lack of an Auto in it.

But the Venue seems to be a much better alternative. Eagerly awaiting the prices. I sincerely hope it is on par with the Nexon although that is wishful thinking considering the Venue comes with a DCT, brand Hyundai and the likes.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:48   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I'd like to say a sincere thank you to the person who "convinced" the dealership employee to remove the camouflaging and take pictures of the car.
=======
In my opinion, occasionally these are the well intended moves by manufacturers to keep up the hype about product.

And even if manufacturers does not involve in such cases, but they are happy with such leaks for free marketing.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2019 at 11:02. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Lakshit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:54   #176
BHPian

Quote:
==========
While I agree with you, this has also resulted in quite a buzz about the car (for which I'm sure Hyundai isn't complaining)

Free publicity and more people knowing about their upcoming car!
Although I guess some poor test rider/handler will be facing the brunt of this expose.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2019 at 11:02. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:02   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
You're correct, SX and SX(O) are typically the top 2 variants from Hyundai...
Won't be long before we have all the details.
Yes sir you are correct, i have the Creta SX petrol auto and my uncle has the petrol manual SX. Both are not the top models but they do have the rear wiper. Looks like Hyundai is going the new i20 way of having all the goodies in the SXO only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Notice the center dial on the HVAC unit has a blank display, possibly indicating a screen to display the temperature and climate control modes. A nice classy touch, kinda like the ones on the Range Rover Velar.
Yes it is there in the RR Velar but is also present in my wife's Swift Z+! Looks quite nice IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Some observations:

It has SX badging on the boot but appears to be missing out on a rear wiper!
Also, this one seems to be an automatic variant considering the brake pedal width which seems to be more than what is offered on MT cars.
Alloy wheels are 16-inch but for some reason, they look like stylized steel rim variety seen on Tiago NRG, especially from the air valve area.
Hehehe, Hyundai have gotten themselves a very stingy accountant it seems! Additionally, if you look closely, you will see the black outline hump in the middle of the rear windshield indicating that some variant will have a wiper installed on it. The gear lever has the "shift lock release" button next to it so it is an automatic but not the AMT type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I hate that HU design and placement. Looks like a cheap chinese after market stuck on unit. Why cant they integrate it within the dashboard rather than allow it to dangle out from all sides. I hope they offer a Creta like proper in-built HU rather than this, atleast in the top variants.
Yes sir i do not like it either but it seems to be the "in thing". The wife's Swift has the same thing as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I quite liked the exterior of the car except for that grill. All black grill will be one aftermarket mod that most owners will do I guess. The rear somehow reminds me of the new VW T Cross (tail lights).
The instrument cluster looks like any other Hyundai but is the MID screen in color? Highly doubt that though.
As for the fourth button on the key fob, I think it will be a panic button as seen in other Hyundai cars.
I hope that they won't mess with the variants and come up with a fully loaded AT variant which they failed to do in the past. Price it sensibly and I wouldn't surprised to see it in the TeamBHP monthly sales chart.
SXO + AT petrol! Now that would be something! The only option so far is the Verna (are there any others in Hyundai?) I went to my dealer and told them if the new Creta came with petrol SXO auto box, i would be willing to trade in my current 2 airbag model for the 6 airbag one and take the financial hit; sadly that didnt happen.
Colour MID? Nice to have, does not matter if not. The scream button is a nice addition to the fob. The grill is ghastly but in my mind, i have already decided that it will be the replacement for the old grill on my barbecue thingy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
YES, there is indeed a question of reliability.. but it doesn't boil down to the design of the dual-clutch box itself (wet or dry), there are numerous factors like ambient temperatures, type of traffic, driving style and luck that can result in them being extremely reliable or extremely unreliable.
Agreed. When i was shopping for a Ecosport auto, the sales guy told me to stay away from the DCT Ford was offering in the earlier version as "it was not designed for the horrible city traffic of Guwahati". This response i got after i told him the reason why i wanted an auto box was due to my daily office commute that is 12km of pure city hell traffic. Thanked him, walked into Hyundai and walked out with a Creta auto.
N33raj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:58   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
Another video is out.

Venue at Naina Hills.
Replacing the broken link to the video.

jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Replacing the broken link to the video.
Thanks, the link posted by me is removed by Hyundai from YouTube.

I guess the new video is edited one with shorter length.

Few of the shots are missing.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd April 2019 at 16:10. Reason: video link removed
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:49   #180
BHPian

Quote:

On the other hand, I'd like to also pass on a few unpleasant words on behalf of the people working in the automotive industry...

Don't worry. Most of this is planned by the OEM itself. I speak from a personal experience.
This is done to keep the product excitement without spending too much money. On the other hand, the product is just 2 weeks away from being unveiled so there is no harm in a planned leak.
tarik.arora is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks