Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2019, 13:31   #226
BHPian

Default Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

The sketches look very interesting. And a very bulky look because of those wheel arches, bumpers and the roof rails. However, in reality, I don't think that's how it would look. Have observed this trend with many sketches and pre-release renders.
Also, many of those Connected Car Features look first in class. Being a Hyundai, it'll surely be loaded with lots of bells and whistles.
Waiting to see this in flesh.
BikerSuz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 14:33   #227
BHPian

Here's the brochure from the website

Seems the auto industry is up for an overhaul.

Good times for consumers. Thankfully my car buying time is right around the corner

Hyundai_Blue_Link_Brochure_.pdf
deepjaju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 14:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
They are going to offer remote engine start/stop and remote climate control on DCT models only. A huge sign that DCT is going to be the top trim after all
Thinking about it, I think that both, remote engine and remote climate control, are offered only on automatic trims because it's required to start the engine for these to work.

Since a car with manual transmission might have a gear engaged while it's turned off, they cannot start the engine remotely. While a car with automatic transmission must be in parking or neutral when turned off, they can start the engine.

Nothing to do with them being a "premium" features like I'd previously deduced. Duh!
kubectl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 15:53   #229
BHPian

Given that the Hyundai Venue is the Kona in other continents, I feel the only major external change will be the incorporation of chrome elements across the body.

Picture source; Hyundai websites.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2019konagalleryext05.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2019konagalleryext08.jpg

Name:  2019konagalleryext11.jpg
Views: 6254
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  2019konagalleryext13.jpg
Views: 6281
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  2019konagalleryext18.jpg
Views: 6333
Size:  72.5 KB

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-venue-1.jpg

Name:  Venue 2.JPG
Views: 6247
Size:  84.9 KB
Maveryq is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:05   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Here's the brochure from the website

Seems the auto industry is up for an overhaul.

Good times for consumers. Thankfully my car buying time is right around the corner

Attachment 1867151
Bluelink Subscription is free for 3 years

I guess, Geo Fencing would be the most important feature.
Old 9th April 2019, 16:12   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveryq View Post
Given that the Hyundai Venue is the Kona in other continents, I feel the only major external change will be the incorporation of chrome elements across the body.
Umm, I'm not sure if Venue is Kona in other markets. Kona EV is being launched in a few months in India.

Venue is a new car altogether with global unveil on 17th April in New York as well as in India.

but Kona with that 1.6 L + DCT is such a kickass product, I wish they replace Creta with that machine.
kubectl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:33   #232
BANNED

Venue and Kona are completely different models. Kona is longer and based on the i20 platform, while Venue is shorter and based on a different underpinnings.
fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 18:46   #233
BHPian

Hyundai has waited for the competition to settle up with thier products, took thier sweet time and is now gearing up to launch their bomb.

With all the connectivity advertised and the fluidic design, Venue will bring more volumes to the segment. Mass market will recieve Venue with all the love.

Fingers crossed about the consideration Hyundai has given for Enthusiasts here.
albertprince is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 19:27   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
Hyundai has waited for the competition to settle up with thier products, took thier sweet time and is now gearing up to launch their bomb.

With all the connectivity advertised and the fluidic design, Venue will bring more volumes to the segment. Mass market will recieve Venue with all the love.

Fingers crossed about the consideration Hyundai has given for Enthusiasts here.
Now that Hyundai has introduced smart features in the car, I am sure Brezza and Nexon face lift must add similar features to stay competitive.

Anyways these features mentioned here pretty easy to develop and integrate in a car. So competition can match Hyundai in no time if mass market welcome these features. Just hire some mobile developers , get a good cloud application and database which will push encrypted data to car through e-sim card. The smart car is ready

Instead of advertising engine specs, companies are launching cars with gimmicks. Hyundai, give me a mechanically sound and well engineered car instead of these "features"
recshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 19:38   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Anyways these features mentioned here pretty easy to develop and integrate in a car. So competition can match Hyundai in no time if mass market welcome these features. Just hire some mobile developers , get a good cloud application and database which will push encrypted data to car through e-sim card. The smart car is ready

The same thought flashed through my mind when I saw the brochure.

Some features seems to be useful but these aren't rocket science in this era.

I am sad for MG motors though - Hyundai stole the wonder factor they were planning to introduce by bringing e- sim connected cars.
Old 9th April 2019, 22:10   #236
Senior - BHPian

Default The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Now that Hyundai has introduced smart features in the car, I am sure Brezza and Nexon face lift must add similar features to stay competitive.

Not sure about Tata, but Maruti will react for sure. They will catch all other manufacturers off guard across segments, though they are not the first to
Implement.

I expect Maruti to react to this move, the Wagon R, Ignis, Swift and the Brezza will soon be recipients of the connected lifestyle. This will happen quick and the other manufacturers will be caught off guard as Maruti will take this tech to maybe 2-3 segments down.

Apple car play and Android auto will look dated in a few months.
Old 9th April 2019, 23:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

Only thing that comes to my mind reading all these gimmick features is

Hope no one remotely unlocks your car, starts the engine and steals it away or hacker playing with other features.

Cars are about drive feel, engine, chassis and not these. Guess Hyundai anyways can't make a good car, so these will do. Driving a pathetic Verna.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 08:31   #238
BHPian

Hyundai Venue BlueLink connectivity system demo by Autocar India.
[]
Old 10th April 2019, 11:20   #239
BHPian

Quote:
While these features might seem simple enough, other manufacturers will take a considerable amount of time to catch up.

Setting up software development and R&D teams, developing a cross-platform mobile app, security testing and meeting government norms, tie-ups for navigation services, hosting solutions, voice recognition, integrations, all of this takes time. And developing software in huge companies is slow, nothing like a startup.

There's at least a year of work for the competition, which means Hyundai has a year of first mover advantage and user feedback to build upon.

Unless, the competition already has invested in this area. I know Ford and Honda already have products in other markets like BlueLink.
kubectl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 11:59   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
While these features might seem simple enough, other manufacturers will take a considerable amount of time to catch up.

Setting up software development and R&D teams, <SNIP>
Or to make things simple, they just outsource it for faster time to market. I am pretty sure an ecosystem already exists to cater to the next-gen smart vehicle market.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed