Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2019, 10:54   #256
BHPian

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Agree on the size. I was in my jazz when I saw the venue and its definitely in breeza category and those flared up wheel certainly helps. Yes of course it will be more expensive than eco sport and probably in xuv300 category but will sell like hot cake considering how loaded it sounds
Old 13th April 2019, 11:32   #257
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Here it is spotted testing on Salem- Bangalore highway . Shot next to Tata nexon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_5868.jpg  

veeru27 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 12:22   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am wondering how are you so sure about the size. DO you know the specs or have you seen the car in person
Nope, I own an i20 and judging by the images above it seems to be very close in dimensions. My comments were purely on size. I know hyundai will load it with features but I think our market is size sensitive as much as price sensitive. Although the following image with the nexon makes me rethink my perspective. I do believe size will be critical in this segment. Brezza has hit the sweet spot and the venue will have to do the same.

Last edited by ampere : 13th April 2019 at 20:28. Reason: Updating based on following comments
chittybang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 13:00   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Some details on the upcoming Venue:-

- 4 variants to be on offer initially - E, S, SX & SX(O), in both 1.4L petrol & 1.4L diesel lineups. The 1.0L, 7-speed petrol DCT will be offered in a single SX(O) trim.

- Colour shades will be Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Marina Blue, Passion Orange, Fiery Red, Stardust & Phantom Black. Dual-tone colour combination will be on offer too on at least 2 shades (Orange and most possibly White or Black).

- 1.4L petrol is expected to return ~18 kmpl, while the 1.4L diesel might return ~22 kmpl. The 1.0L turbo petrol might be pegged at 16.5 kmpl.

- Unladen ground clearance will be close to 200mm, while the boot space is close to 360 liters.

- The sleek lights above the headlamp sections are the pilot lamps + turn indicators.

- Rear seats to have 3 adjustable headrests and an armrest with storage. A front armrest is also on offer in the top 2 variants.

- No clarity on automatic headlamps yet. Rain-sensing wipers, however, will be present.

- The variants equipped with Bluelink tech will have 8-inch touchscreen systems and i-Smart IRVMs.

- ESC & Hill-hold assist will be present. The latter in the top 2 variants.

- Wireless charging pad & front ventilated seats might be on offer in the top SX(O) variant. (both first-in-segment features)

- Pricing will be bang in the XUV300/EcoSport range. Base E variant might start at 8.09L with the top SX(O) diesel at 12.19L, with the 1.0L DCT priceed close to the SX(O) diesel (~12L). All ex-showroom, Delhi.

Thanks to my birdies.
RavenAvi is offline   (70) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 13:38   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

- 4 variants to be on offer initially - E, S, SX & SX(O), in both 1.4L petrol & 1.4L diesel lineups. The 1.0L, 7-speed petrol DCT will be offered in a single SX(O) trim...
That's what I call a leak

By the way, can you share the source of this info?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th April 2019 at 14:51. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 14th April 2019, 14:57   #261
BHPian

From the below review (Hyundai Kona 1.0L Turbo Petrol MT), doesn't look like it (Petrol Turbo) will be an exciting/involving driving experience. Of-course we get DCT here which might improve things and then Venue would be a different car altogether (Weight) but I am not getting my hopes high.

(Engine review start from 03:30 on-wards )

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 14th April 2019 at 15:10. Reason: clarity
Old 14th April 2019, 15:08   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
That's what I call a leak

The source is mentioned as his birdies. Obviously, if he were to mention who they were they would be no future leaks and any manufacturer would plug the leak.

Quote:

Thanks to my birdies.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 15:35   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

- 4 variants to be on offer initially - E, S, SX & SX(O), in both 1.4L petrol & 1.4L diesel lineups. The 1.0L, 7-speed petrol DCT will be offered in a single SX(O) trim.
Wow. Thanks for this information. So looks like Hyundai is playing it different this time with the AT being offered only with the top end variant. A 7 speed DCT would make for an interesting driving experience.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 16:47   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Pricing will be bang in the XUV300/EcoSport range. Base E variant might start at 8.09L with the top SX(O) diesel at 12.19L, with the 1.0L DCT priceed close to the SX(O) diesel (~12L). All ex-showroom, Delhi.
Venue would absolutely decimate XUV300 and EcoSport with this pricing, even take a chunk out of Brezza. With the kind of features on offer backed by the Hyundai reliability, I don't see many buyers opting for the XUV300, the EcoSport might still get picked up by enthusiasts for its driving dynamics, but still these two would be the worst hit.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 17:33   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- 1.4L petrol is expected to return ~18 kmpl, while the 1.4L diesel might return ~22 kmpl. The 1.0L turbo petrol might be pegged at 16.5 kmpl.

-
Is 1.0L going to be a 3 cylinder unit? Considering that it delivers lesser FE than the 1.4 L, I hope it produces much higher power output (130+)
Old 14th April 2019, 17:54   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Venue would absolutely decimate XUV300 and EcoSport with this pricing, even take a chunk out of Brezza. With the kind of features on offer backed by the Hyundai reliability, I don't see many buyers opting for the XUV300, the EcoSport might still get picked up by enthusiasts for its driving dynamics, but still these two would be the worst hit.
+1. The Ecosport might also see a significant decline now given the rumors and uncertainty around Ford's Indian operations. If an equally competent product is available, I would not opt for the Ecosport.
Old 14th April 2019, 20:00   #267
BHPian

Quote:

- Pricing will be bang in the XUV300/EcoSport range. Base E variant might start at 8.09L with the top SX(O) diesel at 12.19L, with the 1.0L DCT priceed close to the SX(O) diesel (~12L). All ex-showroom, Delhi.

Indeed Thanks to you and your birdies, Our fraternity is always ahead with information.

Looking at Automatic, good news is Hyundai offering on Top trim and bad news is no diesel automatic.

If the Petrol Automatic is priced around ~11L, ex showroom, then Venue will break Brezza records in combined numbers.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 20:59   #268
BHPian

Quote:

If this comes with Sunroof and automatic, my search for a compact sub 4m SUV ends here. Have been waiting for ages for someone to offer a compact SUV with automatic and sunroof. Unfortunately it had been mutually exclusive features till now.

Rest everything such as ventilated seats etc will be an added bonus.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 22:08   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
What Viddy said above. Can't disclose due to obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is 1.0L going to be a 3 cylinder unit? Considering that it delivers lesser FE than the 1.4 L, I hope it produces much higher power output (130+)
3-cylinder direct injection turbo petrol putting out 101PS of power and 173Nm of torque between 1500-4000 RPM.

Power is identical to the 1.4L naturally aspirated petrol which is the other option for the Venue, but the torque is ~40Nm more.

FE numbers are not final. Wait for an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
If the Petrol Automatic is priced around ~11L, ex showroom, then Venue will break Brezza records in combined numbers.
It will be near 12L. See my post above.

The 1.0L engine has very less %age of localisation, hence costs are on the upper side. To keep the value quotient up, it is shortlisted for the top variant(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
If this comes with Sunroof and automatic, my search for a compact sub 4m SUV ends here.
Sunroof = check.
Automatic = check.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 22:20   #270
BHPian

Guess with the Carlino, Hyundai will the only manufacturer to provide all forms of auto boxes! Torque Convertor (Verna, Creta, Tucson and Elantra) AMT in the Santro, CVT in the i20 and now the Carlino with Dual Clutch transmission!!
vinair is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks