Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 08:32   #346
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
See what the HU says.
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-8.jpg
Thankfully this would prevent some idiot from driving the car into the ocean!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...om-window.html (Customer drives Hyundai i20 display car through the showroom window!)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 08:43   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

SVP's first look video of the Venue at the New York Auto Show, claims the new Gen. Creta will get a similar Front Styling ( already revealed in China)

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th April 2019 at 08:44.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 09:12   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I can only see Hyundai running all the way to the bank with this baby. The Mahindra XUV300 will take a big hit from this one.
Just the XUV300, Why not the Brezza & Nexon ?
So many people who wanted a refined PETROL Compact SUV refrained from the current offerings for one or the other reason

Maruti: No Petrol option & Poor build quality (Upcoming Brezza is rumored with the 1.5L petrol engine so higher GST )
Ford: Poor brand perceptions and perceived high cost of maintenance
M&M: Heavy compact SUV (best preferred in Diesel only)
Tata: Brand & reliability still a concern

OVerall, Hyundai's mini SUV is going to rock the Compact SUV segment at launch. What needs to be seen is the pricing part, considering they're offering the 1.2 NA engine, it should be reasonably priced
FIAT3031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 09:49   #349
BHPian

And not to mention, 1.0 L GDI DCT looks quite good and tempting.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 18th April 2019 at 09:57.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 10:00   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

A close, detailed look during the night by Cartoq.

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 10:04   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how Venue will compete with it's own sibling i20, both having same engines (1.2P, 1.4D ). I can assume Venue pricing starting from 7.5 lakhs for 1.2 P and going upto 9lakhs and pricing of 8.4-10 lakhs for diesel varients.
Highest variant of 1 lt turbocharged petrol engine could command 10.5-11 lakhs.
Interesting times!
i20 active petrol 1.2 costs between 7.7-8.9 ex-showroom & diesel SX is 10 ex-showroom Bangalore. No way this would be priced below that. Petrol 1.2 might start from 7.9/8L atleast for the bare-bones variant (which nobody would buy anyways) topping out at 9/9.5L. And Diesel too would be probably between 9-11.5 ex-showroom, going by i20 active pricing.

I expect the 1.0 turbo DCT to be priced around EcoSport T+ AT levels(11.5 ex-showroom). Being a Hyundai they can actually pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
No way the Diesel top variant is going to be priced that low. SX(O) will be as loaded as XUV 3OO W8(O) and Ecosport S, both of which finish at 12 lacs ex-showroom.

Expect the Petrol SX(O) at 11-11.2 and Diesel SX(O) at 12-12.2 . The turbo top variant will be 10-15k below the diesel top end.

Mahindra would be having sleepless nights seeing this.

Nexon and Brezza are almost a segment below in terms of pricing and I don't see them being affected at all. It's the EcoSport and XUV3OO who should be worried.

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th April 2019 at 10:05.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 10:19   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Good looking car except the hideous front grill. Looks so out of place.

Also, great to see the Turbo petrol in higher state of tune (120BHP). With DCT, this can be a fun little car.
They need to do something about the feel of the steering. One on my i20 is lifeless and the power assistance is not tuned well (at time you get a feeling that an invisible hand it turning the wheel )
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 10:54   #353
BHPian

Folks, quick query: Can someone plz confirm if the 1L DCT would be the top-end having 6 airbags. Any news on paddle shifters?
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 11:08   #354
BHPian

This squares up directly with the current segment benchmark - The Ecosport (XUV300 is also positioned likewise).

Which means, it will likely be the costliest of the lot, esp the top spec version. Hyundai can pull it off without much fuss (even if this look overpriced, like Creta). Hyundai has positioned itself beautifully in India - a premium brand with aspiration value for middle class customers, at a higher price than the "commuter class" market leader.

I have this strong feeling that this is going straight to the list of top 10 largest selling cars in India, probably at the cost of I20.

Downside for us - The whole CSUV segment is getting costlier. In the long run I can foresee the C2 segment sedans making a comeback if this rate of increase in prices of CSUV keep going on for few more years.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 11:11   #355
Senior - BHPian

Looks good apart from that garish grill, but this can be fixed outside. It definitely looks small on the inside though and would like to see how the Venue looks when it's standing next to the other 4m SUV's.

Personally though, if I was buying now, it would come down to how this car drives since there are lots of options in the segment offering feature rich variants. While the Creta is good, it's still not there in the high speed dynamics department and I don't expect the Venue to be very different.

I am in the minority though and the general non enthusiast will love this car. It will definitely sell well, but I am interested to see who will be the biggest loser. I predict it won't be from the compact SUV segment, but maybe Hyundai's own i20 and a small chunk of the Baleno that might lose.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 18th April 2019 at 11:13.
Old 18th April 2019, 11:21   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A close, detailed look during the night by Cartoq.
What's evident in the video is superior sound insulation. Pretty loud music playing outside didn't infiltrate.
Once again striking design, but in terms size looks a bit smaller than BREZZA despite being almost 4 metres. Let's wait and watch how it looks on the road.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th April 2019 at 12:47. Reason: Removing YouTube URL from quoted post. Repetition. Thanks.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 11:22   #357
BHPian

I think more than the XUV3OO, the Venue will hit the sales of Ecosport more. Venue brings a freshness to the segment in terms of design which the Ecosport did years ago, it matches the Ecosport on the engine options (excluding the 1.2 Petrol NA), has better after sales cred to bank on (accentuated by Ford's plan to exit solo operations) and in my opinion, Hyundai will price it right. Recent Hyundais also do relatively well on the driving dynamics, something that is the Ecosport's territory.

Coming to the Nexon and XUV3OO, the typical buyer who will consider an Indian manufacturer is more likely to evaluate the value for money proposition than the 'oomph' associated with a Korean/Jap/US manufacturer. And the XUV3OO already misses out on the value for money proposition, irrespective of the Venue launch. Both the Mahindra and Venue target the urban/rurban first time buyer, unlikely that the Mahindra goodwill generated by the Scorpio and Bolero in rurban / rural areas will do anything for the XUV3OO there and Mahindra knows this.

On a side note, seeing recent global car launches (including the BMW 7-series and yesterday's Sonata launch), it is evident that the market in China is dictating design trends. So we will continue to see large front grilles and chrome, as much as we may hate them. A bit sad, I've always been a fan of the understated elegance European cars brought to the table. Even the Japanese majors had a flair, even if some designs were edgy.
Mlanuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 11:39   #358
BHPian

All this information and yet no news of a telescopic steering wheel!
Hope they don't miss out on this crucial feature after throwing the kitchen sink at it.
KaranP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 12:15   #359
BHPian

Steering is adjustable for rake only. The top spec Sx(O) trim misses out on Auto-dimming IRVM as the manual Day/Night knob is seen the video.

ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 12:36   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
The top spec Sx(O) trim misses out on Auto-dimming IRVM as the manual Day/Night knob is seen the video.
Based on the video uploaded by MotorOctane, the car has Electrochromic mirror and that knob is to contact Hyundai for RSA.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th April 2019 at 12:48. Reason: Removing YouTube URL from quoted post.
VTec_KickedInYo is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed