Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 20:22   #376
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes what I have heard on some of the videos that you have a mix of cotton (denim also in some versions) and leatherette.
I found also different version of the front grill in another video which looks really cool and Hyundai should have gone for this instead!
The picture is of the new Santa Fe and not Venue.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2019 at 07:04. Reason: removed dead link from quoted post
AccordSport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 20:53   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Some official pics and review,

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.png

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-3.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th April 2019 at 21:17.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 21:15   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
The last minute introduction of 1.2l motor is a major blunder, considering that most of the media drives will point out the lack of power and punch from the motor. Coming out with a premium product in the segment with an under performing motor might not be a good move.
Hyundai will never provide the 1.2L NA petrol for media drives - it will only be the Turbo petrol and the diesel.
I'll go as far as to say that even the dealerships wouldn't have that particular variant in their TD lineup. It has always been like that with the lower displacement engines from the Verna and Creta - I doubt that this trend will change with the Venue.
One will have to simply drive the turbo petrol Venue and the i20 back to back for the dynamics and the performance respectively
r0nit7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 23:58   #379
Senior - BHPian

Review of the 1.6L Petrol Venue by Motor1.com:

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/34515...e-first-drive/

Apparently they are pleasantly surprised with the small car's legroom & clever packaging + "dignified" handling (including steering that's predictable).

Let's hope the India specific mills do not ruin the latter.

I feel this one is a serious threat to Brezza, & others will be left to sidelines to a great extent.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 02:14   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Review of the 1.6L Petrol Venue by Motor1.com:

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/34515...e-first-drive/

Apparently they are pleasantly surprised with the small car's legroom & clever packaging + "dignified" handling (including steering that's predictable).

Let's hope the India specific mills do not ruin the latter.

I feel this one is a serious threat to Brezza, & others will be left to sidelines to a great extent.
I was at the event and in the back seat, behind a driver a little over 6 feet tall, me at 5'8'' had almost 3 inches of knee clearance from the seat back. That is good for a sub-4 metre compact-SUV.
parrys is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 06:08   #381
BHPian

On the looks, I agree with most in the forum. The side profile looks exactly like Creta, except the vertical front without any protrusion of the bumper, and from some angles probably an upsized Ignis, considering the dimension of the car.
And now the trend set by Harrier seems to be copied by many (including MG Hector) - placement of DRL/Pilot lamps higher up, close to the bonnet and headlights at the bumber.

Considering the current starting price of i20 'Activ 1.2 petrol S' is 7.8 lakhs, I think Hyundai will price it premium, unless they launch a barebone base E or E+ version to stay in the competition, or if they decides to pass on some of the moolah they have extorted from Creta customers
My prediction for petrol version:
E/E+. 7.5-8.2 L
S. 8.8 L
SX. 9.6 L
Diesel top model should be around 11.5 ex showroom.

Last edited by anu007 : 19th April 2019 at 06:10. Reason: Extra line breaks removed
Old 19th April 2019, 07:27   #382
BHPian

Happen to see a test car on the roads with full camouflage. At first I thought it's an i20 active ?!? It's so small (height wise) and seriously lacks the road presence what a Brezza/Ecosport has.

Agreed, car without camo would tell the story better. Maybe the design elements could work in its flavor. But it's still too short at the end of the day.

On the positive side, this lower height might aid with the dynamics of the car (Minimal body roll due to low CG)
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 08:24   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Happen to see a test car on the roads with full camouflage. At first I thought it's an i20 active ?!? It's so small (height wise) and seriously lacks the road presence what a Brezza/Ecosport has.

Agreed, car without camo would tell the story better. Maybe the design elements could work in its flavor. But it's still too short at the end of the day.

On the positive side, this lower height might aid with the dynamics of the car (Minimal body roll due to low CG)
Agree - to me, the dimensions are just too small to be called an SUV or even a CUV. It seriously lacks in height. The previous generation BMW X1 had the same issue with height, but at least, it made up by being longer and sufficiently wide. Still, the X1 used to look like a dwarf, (with passengers seated relatively much lower down) , when I was stationery next to it, on my Ecosport at traffic signals.

The Venue is going to look a lot like the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. Perhaps this is the segment Hyundai is aiming at (tall funky hatchback) and not CUV. In that case, it would have to price it 30% cheaper than the prices being speculatated here, to compete with Ignis and the likes.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 08:57   #384
BHPian

Post xuv300 and now venue I feel the brezza is any day better designed sub 4 m compact SUV.
siedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 10:08   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siedo View Post
Post xuv300 and now venue I feel the brezza is any day better designed sub 4 m compact SUV.
Looks are subjective , but the Venue interiors look miles ahead of outdated Brezza interiors . Heck even the 6 lac odd Ignis has better interiors than the 10 lac odd Brezza and i dont even want to get into the build quality comparison of Brezza vs the peers.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 10:42   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Okay, so I'm mildly pissed off at Hyundai (mildly because they did tune the 1.0 L engine to 120 PS instead of 100 PS. Thanks!). ....
Please help me understand. I dont understand the engineering behind this. I read that Venue has 1.0 tuned to 120 and and 1.2 tuned to ??. Please let me know what is meant by tuning and how can a 1.0 be more "powerful" than 1.2? Then why not tune 1.2 itself to a higher BHP? What is the true measure of power? Why are you not happy with 120BHP tune? Really appreciate some insights in to this. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th April 2019, 10:52   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Please help me understand. I dont understand the engineering behind this. I read that Venue has 1.0 tuned to 120 and and 1.2 tuned to ??. Please let me know what is meant by tuning and how can a 1.0 be more "powerful" than 1.2? Then why not tune 1.2 itself to a higher BHP? What is the true measure of power? Why are you not happy with 120BHP tune? Really appreciate some insights in to this. Thanks in advance.
1.0 is more powerful than 1.2, because of adding the turbo whereas the 1.2 is the old NA petrol with just 83 ps on tap. 1.2 engine is present right from Grand i10, Xcent, i20, i20 Active and offers good driveability in i10 while the same engine feels anemic in i20. If they tune this 1.2 to higher power, then the already fuel inefficiency engine will have no takers at all in the lower trims, the buyers of whom may not appreciate it.
jpcoolguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 10:53   #388
BHPian

Extra power comes from the Turbo charger added to a normal engine, with other relevant changes to the components. If the same Turbo is added to 1.2L, we can achieve more than 120bhp. We are happy with 120 bhp. Earlier it was speculated to be around 100 bhp, which means power is reduced from 120 to 100 bhp, to compensate poor quality of Fuel or to achieve better mileage.

Any Engine can be tuned in such a way that we can increase the power by at least 20-30%, but at the cost of mileage and reduced longevity of other components. Also, many other things have to be updated like tyres, brakes etc., to compensate the increased power.
jaaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:11   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Venue Price speculation - Hyundai will hope the 'Connected Car features' will mask the deficiencies in Size and its polarizing design language.

Remember the starting price will be for the [ 1.2L(P)/ 83 ps/11.7kg-m/5MT)] - variant.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.jpg

Quote:
Benefiting from tax sops for small cars, we expect the Venue’s prices to range from Rs 8-12 lakh, which is much lower than the Creta’s price range of Rs 10-15.65 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

That said, you will see an overlap in prices. For instance, a top-spec Venue could cost as much as a mid-spec Creta, and while it will likely have a lot more equipment, it will still be a significantly smaller SUV – on both the outside and inside

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th April 2019 at 11:18.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:29   #390
Senior - BHPian

So looks like the DCT will be offered in top spec 1.0 turbo petrol unlike creta which doesn't come with the AT in top spec. If you notice there are side airbags in this one hinting at 6 airbag version. 6 airbags, sunroof, 120 bhp mated to the DCT. This looks like the variant to look out for. Am expecting a new entrant in top 10 charts of monthly sale figures

P.S: The legroom looks to be similar to i20, but somehow I notice all journalists being tight lipped about it

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th April 2019 at 11:33.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks