Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
1. ARAI data not available yet.

2. Boot capacity ( in US Model)
- 530 cc ( all seats in place)
- 900 cc ( rear seats folded)

3. GC ~ 200 mm ( speculated)
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Something's not right. That's half a litre of boot space we are talking about!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
It should be litre instead of cc. ie. 530L and 900L of boot space in back seat raised and folded down position respectively.
In the US model, this guy says it's around 13.8 cubic feet which translates to around 390L which seems right. If so that's pretty impressive for a compact SUV. Just 10-12L short of Creta's boot space.

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 09:26   #422
BANNED

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Quote:
No way! That's bigger than that of an Octavia
That is a possibility, as volume is l*b*h any increase in any of those parameters will increase the final output. In a CSUV, as the boot is having more depth/height due to the design, the final boot space would be more. But the usability differs a lot, as a boot with more length/width can accommodate longer items without making the rear seats folded down and items can be more evenly spread rather than keeping one on top of the other.
Old 20th April 2019, 10:04   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
In the US model, this guy says it's around 13.8 cubic feet which translates to around 390L which seems right. If so that's pretty impressive for a compact SUV. Just 10-12L short of Creta's boot space.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=vfSAfpHA8xI

It seems to be lesser than 390L as the Indian spec Venue is going to be 41mm shorter in length than its US-spec kin. Hope it upper side of 360L.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-venue-comparison.jpg  

DrRC83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 10:07   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boot space should read as:

- 530/ 900 Litres
Somewhere I read that it is around 350L. Again, this could be a speculation from the magazines but it should be within 330L to 350L. 530 L is just impossible.
It is possible that in some countries, the volume is measured till the roof instead of measuring it till the seat level.
Old 20th April 2019, 10:31   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

For those doubting the boot capacity, here is the official press release (US model)

Cargo Capacity, Rear Seats Up ( cu. ft.)

18.7 Venue
19.2 Kona
(0.5)

Cargo Capacity, Rear Seats Down

31.9 Venue
45.8 Kona
(13.9)

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 11:03   #426

Is it just me or does the venue styling (apart from the front grill) remind one of a Mini Cooper.
Old 20th April 2019, 11:27   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRC83 View Post
It seems to be lesser than 390L as the Indian spec Venue is going to be 41mm shorter in length than its US-spec kin. Hope it upper side of 360L.
US model's length is more than Indian because, we have got a chopped bumper on both sides to remain compliant with 4m rule. If you observe carefully, you will notice US model has more protruding rear bumper.

Height is more in Indian model, may be this is due to increased ground clearance and raised suspension, US model may have lowered suspension even if they have same ground clearance.

Wheelbase is inexplicable to me, but IMHO Hyundai has same car being sold everywhere, just tweaked enough to meet those market needs.

Thanks for numbers, they give a clear picture on Venue's platform being sold globally.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 11:49   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
A non turbo engine is perceived to be more durable and reliable than a Turbo unit. You are right there.

But how do you know that the state of tune of the said 1.2 is different in Venue ? Did you get a chance to drive it ?

Coz I remember reading a post which said 1.2 L was a last minute decision (1.4 L was the intial plan) - if this is true then Hyundai wouldn't have had the time to tweak the 1.2 L for Venue. Hence my question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Previous generation Swift already had the engine start/stop button at the right hand side. If Maruti does it, it could be customer preference.

I am getting confused with your comment on 1.2 petrol. Have you driven the new Venue 1.2 petrol in any case?

Quoting Wing Commander Abhinandan here, : I'm not supposed to tell you that Sir"
Just an inside word. I would definitely recommend you to take a test drive once it is open.
And all manufacturers don't really have anything called last minute decision. The Powertrain team generally has multiple tweaks ready for any of their engines, it is just the marriage with the body that takes sometime for final confirmation.
Nifty.Nishy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:48   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For those doubting the boot capacity, here is the official press release (US model)

Cargo Capacity, Rear Seats Up ( cu. ft.)

18.7 Venue
19.2 Kona
(0.5)

Cargo Capacity, Rear Seats Down

31.9 Venue
45.8 Kona
(13.9)

Link
Either the website has got the incorrect information or the method of measuring is different from ours (followed in India). SUVs like XUV500 or harrier have the boot spaces which under 500 L. In India, it (height) is measured from the floor to the lid/cover level.

Last edited by Guna : 20th April 2019 at 12:49.
Old 20th April 2019, 14:43   #430
BHPian

I like this car. I really was leaning towards EcoSport, but this Ford exit/JV stuff has me running away. Wanted an XUV300 but no automatic and not a fan of punishing my leg in this Bangalore traffic. Brezza, though VFM, is lower in build quality & Hyundai clearly is better. The front grill doesn't bother me at all.
Stoked for the price announcement 😊
ValarMorghulis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 17:23   #431
BHPian

Quote:
I beg to disagree on the 1.4 crdi. I have driven it for 64k km till now. It may not be as refined as the 1.6 but it is quite smooth on the go, has a punchy mid range and doesn't suffer from excessive lag. I can't comment on FE as I drive with a heavy foot but still manage an average of 16kmpl.
I was commenting with the Ford EcoSport's 1.5L 100 HP diesel in perspective, which ticks ALL the boxes for me. I haven't driven the Hyundai 1.4L diesel as much as you have Can only relate from initial impressions.
vigvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 18:47   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
...leaning towards EcoSport, but this Ford exit/JV stuff has me running away. Wanted an XUV300 but no automatic and not a fan of punishing my leg..... Brezza, though VFM, is lower in build quality & Hyundai clearly is better.
You got the sub-4m SUV segment spot on in one paragraph! I was too looking to buy a car and all these things crossed my mind exactly as you said. But I really don’t see any downside of buying an EcoSport since it’s just a JV, not a complete exit of a brand, right? If one just removes the JV matter out of the frame, EcoSport is still the best in segment and I would have gone ahead with it already. Venue, though seems promising, but the things to see are that whether it drives like an EcoSport, benchmark in terms of handling in the segment; and the performance of that 125PS engine, since 3-cylinder engines don’t have a good reputation and all the others engines are useless from an enthusiast POV. Brezza on the other hand feels like a tin-can(no-offense to anyone, personal opinion, great car otherwise). XUV300, well it just doesn’t appeal. Classic Mahindra ASS and quality concerns. We guys really needs a car with maintenance of Maruti, reliability of Toyota, build quality of Hyundai and engine of Honda(too demanding, I know). Also, you can replace that ugly grill with aftermarket mesh-grill any day. It’s funny how nobody mentioned Nexon in the thread.
Dr.Mechanic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 21:50   #433
Senior - BHPian

What I have read is if an engine bigger than 1.2 liter is on a car below 4m there are extra taxes and hence if Brezza petrol comes with K15 engine the price may be identical to current diesel model. Coming to turbo charged 1.0 in Venue the price will be higher and somehow the maintenance might be as well. Also do we have enough reliability data of petrol turbocharged engines before going for them?
I20 active petrol was not sold much due to higher price and low FE. Now same engine in a little bigger(?) car brings out confusion for me. Petrol turbo reliability at 1.0L (also how is the FE of petrol turbo engines? Not heard very good stories from Nexon petrol) vs naturally aspired petrol at 1.2L brings a challenge in which petrol to choose from.
Old 21st April 2019, 10:15   #434
BHPian

Turbo pterols, especially Turbo GDI petrols are going to be the norm in the coming years. Downsizing, emission norms and the quest for higher torque with improved drivability will push the trend. Comparing the Venue Turbo petrol with the Nexon or the XUV 300 turbo petrol would be unjust as the two are only turbo without GDI. VW groups TSI/TFSI, Ford's ecoboost and Maruti's boosterjet are the ones that we need to look at.

Reliability wise, i have not come across many major concerns by any brand. And driving the 1.2 TSI on my GT has been nothing but pure bliss.

Just as Carburettor is now completely passé, MPFI engines of today wi have the same fate in the next 5 to 6 years.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 10:35   #435
BHPian

So, I came across this performance timing test for the Kia Rio.

Comes with the same 1.0 T-GDI with 120hp and DCT.

This should give us a reference on how well the Venue will perform.

The Rio weighs 1176kg for reference.

Timings definitely don't disappoint, and drivability seems good

KaranP is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks