Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 18:50   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

The front design is breathtakingly ugly, especially that front grille which reminds one of a table fan grille of yesteryears

Hopefully it will be good to drive but then again the turbo petrol which should be the engine of choice is likely to be overpriced .
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:50   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mechanic View Post
...But I really don’t see any downside of buying an EcoSport since it’s just a JV, not a complete exit of a brand, right? If one just removes the JV matter out of the frame, EcoSport is still the best in segment and I would have gone ahead with it already. Venue, though seems promising, but the things to see are that whether it drives like an EcoSport, benchmark in terms of handling in the segment; and the performance of that 125PS engine...

I agree to an extent. Though not a complete exit, I'm a tad wary of what the future entails for Ford in India as of now. I'll wait and watch while the Venue prices are announced. If the Venue is as peppy and good as EcoSport (and I'm hoping Ford throws in some discounts if the Venue is priced right) then I might as well go with a tried and tested product like EcoSport than a new Venue.
A new product will always have some niggles to be ironed out in the second edition (case in point XUV300-as evident from the official review).

Exciting times for buyers in the CSUV segment. The gauntlet has been thrown to Maruti and Tata now
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:40   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
Quoting Wing Commander Abhinandan here, : I'm not supposed to tell you that Sir"
Just an inside word. I would definitely recommend you to take a test drive once it is open.
It is difficult to read through threads and not comment on it since you work for the company.

I understand your frustration completely, been doing this for years .

Nifty.Nishy is Pujari that I know?
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:36   #439
BHPian

I hope the Petrol engine and particularly 1.0 litre Turbo engine is BS VI Compliant. Now, that Maruti has already launched the BS VI compliant engine in Baleno, Hyundai has to follow. Surprisingly, no reviews have mentioned about the BS IV or VI compliance norms in the Venue.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:45   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai releases the specifications of VENUE (US offering), cargo volumes remain the same as declared earlier

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-1.png
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-2.png
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-3.png
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-4.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd April 2019 at 19:50.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:49   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai releases the specifications of VENUE (US offering), cargo volumes remain the same as declared earlier
The baleno details at the end needs cropping I guess.

EDIT. Details duly corrected.

On the boot space calculation front, we see a certain bit of consistency amongst the Indian vehicles, but the measurement logic varies in different parts of the world.

Even in the US each manufacturer is seen to be following its own methodology to define the space with various interpretations among vehicle classes. Considering the space till the car roof is commonplace as well. Some international car reviews also make it a point to put in some real world object into the boot for comparisons sake. Until we get a litre based number for the chopped off indian version venue it would be a wild guess still. From the visuals it looks close to the EcoSport territory though.

Last edited by sandx : 22nd April 2019 at 20:06.
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:14   #442

Quote:
However, the boot space is likely to take a toll as the US version boasts of a massive 530 litres while the Indian version is likely to have an estimated boot space of over 350 litres.
But in the Indian version of the car, the boot may be 350L as per Zig Wheels. Hope it will get wrong, please. Here is the full article link -

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...fferent/33626/
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:33   #443
BHPian

Hyundai would have never imagined that after stuffing the car with so many features, the discussion would be stuck in the boot! LOL
octane_100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:18   #444
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there's certainly a difference in the way Hyundai measures boot space in the US.

As per Hyundai US website, the 2019 Tucson has 877-litres of boot space with all seats up. In India, the Tucson offers 530-litres of boot space with all seats up. I agree, it appears to be a slightly different generation, but the exterior dimensions are not too different. Now, the Tucson has better boot space than Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass to begin with. Will Hyundai offer identical boot space in Venue which costs less than half, is a couple of segments down and much smaller in dimensions? Definitely not.

If the Venue actually had 530 litres of boot space (upto parcel tray level) in a segment where 300-350 litres is more of a norm, Hyundai wouldn't have remained so tight-lipped about it till now. Almost 60% larger boot than rest of the segment is a strong marketing point which no manufacturer would have missed to advertise at least in India.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:29   #445
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2019 at 17:42.
spacescreamer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th April 2019, 11:32   #446
BHPian

Hyundai Venue first drive review by auto ndtv as per below link.

https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/exclus...review-2027684

Venkatesh.H
Venkatesh.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 11:38   #447
BHPian

First drive review for a pre production unit from Korea. Report states typical Hyundai traits, good quality interiors and build, satisfactory performance.

https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/exclus...ew-2027684/amp
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 11:45   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
First drive review for a pre production unit from Korea. Report states typical Hyundai traits, good quality interiors and build, satisfactory performance.

https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/exclus...ew-2027684/amp
Vehicle driven in Korea, Images are from the US-Spec model. Seems like a hurried and botched-up review to stay high in google rankings.
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 11:49   #449
BHPian

Hyundai Venue first drive review in YouTube in below link.

Venkatesh.H
Venkatesh.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:02   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.H View Post
Hyundai Venue first drive review by auto ndtv as per below link.

https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/exclus...review-2027684

Venkatesh.H

May be I am missing something, but IMO it seems a lot of text for virtually saying nothing substantial.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed