Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2019, 15:23   #151
BHPian

Now that is a fresh new design from Hyundai. Things were getting too generic with their recent products. The car looks like a mini Hyundai Palaside and those interiors look like they are inspired by the American market's Sante Fe. Notice the center dial on the HVAC unit has a blank display, possibly indicating a screen to display the temperature and climate control modes. A nice classy touch, kinda like the ones on the Range Rover Velar.

With the already smooth and refined petrol and diesel engines being upgraded to BSVI norms, the performance department looks sorted as well. But the rabbit in the hat has to be the new 1 L turbocharged petrol engine that will enhance its performance abilities for the enthusiasts. The turbo can also be a great rival to the Ecosport S and the XUV300 turbocharged engines too. Can't wait to see the final reveal of this product. The only thing that is not going it's way is the name. 'VENUE'. They could have just called it the Styx as previously rumored.
Old 1st April 2019, 15:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Some observations:

It has SX badging on the boot but appears to be missing out on a rear wiper!

Also, this one seems to be an automatic variant considering the brake pedal width which seems to be more than what is offered on MT cars.

Alloy wheels are 16-inch but for some reason, they look like stylized steel rim variety seen on Tiago NRG, especially from the air valve area.

Definitely a good attempt from Hyundai. I am pretty sure it will be a success even if priced a little higher than the competition.

Last edited by self_driven : 1st April 2019 at 15:30.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 16:33   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
New Video is out from Hyundai.
The Hyundai Venue will be revealed on this April 17th ahead of the launch in the middle of May 2019. This might be one of the most awaited SUVs this year.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st April 2019 at 18:35. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:00   #154
Senior - BHPian

Is there any possibility for any automatic trim being priced under 10L ex-showroom to compete with EcoSport trend+ ?

I know wishful thinking but still just wondering if they are targeting EcoSport or XUV3OO as competition or just like creta they go with an all premium pricing strategy. Worked for creta due to lack of decent competition back then, but in sub-4m segment might be tricky
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:18   #155
BHPian

Looks smashing!

The interiors look pretty premium as well. Hope that they bring it with a DSG box and hope they don't price it too high. Hyundai will in all probabilities have another winner on their hands with Venue.

Can't wait to TD it.
Old 1st April 2019, 17:19   #156
BHPian

Are those chrome on front are for real or only a prank on April fool's day ?

Looking hideous!

On the other hand interiors are looking good.
Old 1st April 2019, 17:38   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Interesting note, the car is standing in a Mahindra stockyard.

Probably that explains the grill

Jokes apart, another blockbuster from Hyundai for sure (even if priced higher that we expect). The interiors looks very nice too.
Asish_VK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:45   #158
BHPian

Car looks promising! Hyundai totally stepping into Maruti category. Surely some sleepless nights at the Brezza team. Maybe this is what's required from top manufacturers to ensure we get some enthusiast friendly affordable products!
avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:47   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Received via whatsapp. I do not know the actual source.

Attachment 1864682

Attachment 1864683

Attachment 1864684

Attachment 1864685
Car is looking promising with loads of features.

Ceat Tyres in Hyundai
Old 1st April 2019, 17:50   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

I hate that HU design and placement. Looks like a cheap chinese after market stuck on unit. Why cant they integrate it within the dashboard rather than allow it to dangle out from all sides. I hope they offer a Creta like proper in-built HU rather than this, atleast in the top variants.
Old 1st April 2019, 17:59   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

I quite liked the exterior of the car except for that grill. All black grill will be one aftermarket mod that most owners will do I guess. The rear somehow reminds me of the new VW T Cross (tail lights).

The instrument cluster looks like any other Hyundai but is the MID screen in color? Highly doubt that though.

ACC controls look neat with the display in the dial. Good that they have tried something different.

As for the fourth button on the key fob, I think it will be a panic button as seen in other Hyundai cars.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaisonata4buttonproximitysmartkeyfcccqofd00120pn95440c100095440c1001.jpg

Image Source - Google

I hope that they won't mess with the variants and come up with a fully loaded AT variant which they failed to do in the past. Price it sensibly and I wouldn't surprised to see it in the TeamBHP monthly sales chart.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:08   #162
BHPian

What's this in centre??

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190401_180732.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st April 2019 at 18:36.
Old 1st April 2019, 18:30   #163
BHPian

The interiors really look clean and classy, save for the touchscreen. The interior is definitely of the AT as one can see the "shift lock release" and gear knob is unmarked as well. However, the one which is badged SX doesn't have rear wash wiper !! That is a big miss IMO. Let's wait till we have all information.
Old 1st April 2019, 18:36   #164
BHPian

The interiors looks plush and well appointed, a strong point for Hyundai always. The exterior finish looks excellent and this being a boxy CSUV, will have street presence too.

With the advent of CSUVs we now have the 7th turbo petrol (mass market) while just a few years before there was a dearth of turbo petrol option. (incl GT TSI & JTPs, sad that Abarth had to be pulled out). The GT remains the only 4 cylinder turbo petrol.

Ford Ecoboost 1.0
TATA Revotron 1.2
XUV 300 1.2
Venue 1.0

BS6 will only increase this no. since small cars with diesel engines will become very very expensive.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 1st April 2019 at 18:39.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:57   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
What's this in centre??

Attachment 1864736
I guess it is for displaying the ACC temperature similar to Baleno.
recshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed