Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 21:57   #226
BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
What's with fish scale like design on the dash? I think it should have been omitted.
Thats the design theme.. Its all over the interiors and exterior bumpers as well. Looks a bit tacky in photos. Need to check it in person and see if it looks any better.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 22:18   #227
BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i10 spotted testing in India. EDIT : Now launched as Grand i10 NIOS at Rs 5 Lak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Frankly, Hyundai is overly optimistic about the Nios at those prices. The Petrol Asta is costing 9 lakhs+ and not many would be willing to pay that much for a car of its size, especially those who are looking at the features list.

they are making the same mistake with the Nios.
I agree. When Auto Industry is in midst of slowdown both Maruti and Hyundai are launching overpriced vehicles. The way prices are going 1 mllion rupees we will get only Alto in a decade from now and car will be again out of reach of common man. Really sorry state of affairs.
FrozeninTime is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 23:26   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
You are a manufacturer. You are bringing a new car. You are advertising it like anything. You are comparing it with the market leader. Why? Ultimately, it's only to sell your car. Not to showcase that your car looks better or has more features. And, in a competition, there will be one winner and others are losers, even if it is number 2 or 3. In that sense, Getz, Eon, Santro, Xcent lost to their Maruti counterparts meagerly.

Agree. Who else did change? Did Hyundai change their 1.2 Kappa / 1.4 CRDi even after so many years? Did Renault change their K9K? Players like VW downgraded their engine!

My point is very very simple: there is no need for such cheap and silly comparisons in the public by a manufacturer. There are numerous media people who will do this. Even if you do it, then do it with some grace.

Good, if that's the case. And Hyundai can sue the people who circulated it and tarnished its image

I think the comparison is an internal document leaked out and made its way here. Having said that, I enjoyed the read, gained some knowledge too.

If Maruti or for that matter anyone is worried seeing this, make a counter comparison! I am sure the team at Maruti and other OEMs will make their own comparisons.

As an enthusiast I will welcome more comparisons , rather than crib about it ! However, if there are mistakes it should be pointed out !
Cheers !
bimi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 23:44   #229
Team-BHP Support

Anyone else feels that the design is a step backwards from the Grand i10?

To me, it feels like a mid-way design between the first generation i10 and the Grand i10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 06:46   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hatches don't excite me anymore. Be it this or the Altroz. It's past the heyday and only a super strong design will resurrect. I think that is the overall mood, talking to various people. Hyundai is trying to breathe some new life into the segment but doesn't look like it will pay off.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 07:13   #231
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

Not sure why folks seem to be surprised by the prices of the i10 Nios. All variants of the Nios are more or less at par with the Swift, which it competes with. So there is no big surprise. Even the Swift diesels go up to 9-10 lakhs for the top variants. So it is par for the course pricing. And of course, Hyundai and all manufacturers today refrain from any aggressive pricing since they know that discounts have become a norm now. You can manage to get a minimum of 20-30k off in any car today, whether its the Swift or the Creta or anything. Knowing that customers are going to be bargaining for deals, manufacturers sort of factor this in while announcing prices.

Personally, I feel that even the earlier Grand i10 was much better built than the Swift and im sure the new Nios would be similar too. And if you see the prices of the Nios, there is a 70k difference to the Elite i20. So the positioning is not wrong. But if you get discounts on the i20, then it sort of narrows the gap and it may make sense to buy the i20 if the gap is less.

We bought a Elite i20 Magna about 10 months ago for around 6.8L on road in Bangalore. And at that time both the Grand i10 and the i20 had discounts going on. The eventual difference came to 50k, and hence we opted for the i20. But having said that, I really felt the Grand i10 had some very good bits. The air con controls felt better than the i20! And I really hope the new Nios has some nice bits like that as well and it makes a case for itself

Last edited by motorworks : 22nd August 2019 at 07:14.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:08   #232
BHPian

Don't understand what's the fuss with the pricing. Its priced on par with the rest of the cars from the competition.
All variants are cheaper than the Swift, its only marginally more expensive than a WagonR, say the WagonR ZXi AMT costs 6.9L on road, and the Nios Magna AMT, which is the comparable variant costs 7.3L. The Nios is still a small car if we consider that the segment has become a lot more expensive over the years.

Its infact just Rs.30000 more than the older car, but like I said earlier, the Grand i10 was continuously sold on discounts ranging upto Rs.80000, I am pretty sure the BS 4 diesel will start getting discounted as we near the deadline. The Diesel AMT is decently kitted and is priced at just under 9 lakhs, around Rs.40000 lesser than the Swift. I believe in a few months, discounts will start pouring in, and the the onroad price will go down to Rs.8 Lakhs, which will be value for money.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:12   #233
BHPian

So the Sportz AMT does not get R15 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels.

If the dealer somehow gives you an upgrade from R14 Gun Metal Finish to R15 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels, would it be advisable to go for it?

Will it affect the mileage? ride and handling?

What is the recommended maximum difference amount that would justify this upgrade?
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:55   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
So the Sportz AMT does not get R15 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels.

If the dealer somehow gives you an upgrade from R14 Gun Metal Finish to R15 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels, would it be advisable to go for it?
Depends on what your requirements are obviously. R14 are quite good for our roads. The taller side-walls give a good soft ride quality and put less stress on the suspension components (which are known to be troubled by Indian roads in hatchbacks). I suggest you stick to the stock.

Quote:
Will it affect the mileage? ride and handling?
Ride will get stiffer. You'll feel bumps more but undulations and pitch will reduce a bit. Handling will improve marginally but then the i10 has never been a corner carver. It won't be one after the change either.
Mileage won't change noticeably.

Quote:
What is the recommended maximum difference amount that would justify this upgrade?
I suspect they'd charge you about 30k for 4 wheels. + additional for the tyres that you'll have to buy (preferrably from outside). What is your plan for the spare? You'll keep the stock spare which will be totally of a different overall size? Otherwise you are looking at another wheel (perhaps steel) + tyre.

Remember that when you change tyres again after 40-50k kms or so - R15 tyres are costlier than R14 tyres by that little bit too.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd August 2019 at 10:57.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:12   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I suggest you stick to the stock.

I suspect they'd charge you about 30k for 4 wheels. + additional for the tyres that you'll have to buy (preferrably from outside). What is your plan for the spare? You'll keep the stock spare which will be totally of a different overall size? Otherwise you are looking at another wheel (perhaps steel) + tyre.

Remember that when you change tyres again after 40-50k kms or so - R15 tyres are costlier than R14 tyres by that little bit too.
Thank you so much for your advice. I'll stick to stock.

Initial cost and tyre cost are alone enough reason to stick with R14.
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:52   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Depends on what your requirements are obviously. R14 are quite good for our roads. The taller side-walls give a good soft ride quality and put less stress on the suspension components (which are known to be troubled by Indian roads in hatchbacks). I suggest you stick to the stock.

Ride will get stiffer. You'll feel bumps more but undulations and pitch will reduce a bit. Handling will improve marginally but then the i10 has never been a corner carver. It won't be one after the change either.
Mileage won't change noticeably.

OT but TIL!
I was actually planning to upgrade to R15 in my Tiago XZA mainly because of the looks they provide and better stance provided to the car.
I guess now I won't be going for the upgrade as the cons pretty much outweigh the pros from what I just read. I will just plasti dip the existing R14 alloys in black and I guess that will be good to go.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:34   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
OT but TIL!
I was actually planning to upgrade to R15 in my Tiago XZA mainly because of the looks they provide and better stance provided to the car.
I guess now I won't be going for the upgrade as the cons pretty much outweigh the pros from what I just read. I will just plasti dip the existing R14 alloys in black and I guess that will be good to go.
Yes thats better. Save the money & retain soft ride.

I had upsized on my Vista from 14" to 15". But I simply used the pressed steel wheels of the Manza/Zest which were very cheap. I did it when my 14" tyres were done & were to be replaced anyway. This was not too costly for me & the result was fine primarily because the Vista for its size and weight was actually undertyred with R14 rims in first place. I didn't have any interest in alloys so saved plenty money there. The result was also positively amplified because of the tyres I selected. I went to 185/60R15 Continental CC5 which is a gem of a tyre. I'm sure result would have been good enough in R14 also.

For the NIOS and TIAGO - R14 are perfectly sized IMO and don't need a bump up. Certainly not worth the huge cost for alloys + tyres.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd August 2019 at 12:35.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 23:40   #238
Vmv
BHPian

Image : FB group Vandibhranthanmar
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-fb_img_1566838409741.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-fb_img_1566838415030.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-fb_img_1566838412838.jpg  

Old 27th August 2019, 08:31   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

After Maruti Suzuki XL6 media drive at Jaipur, now Grandi10 NIOS Media drive begins at the same place.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-ec5dfg9u8ai9gfd.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-4.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-2.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-3.jpg

Source:Respective Tweets
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 09:11   #240
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After Maruti Suzuki XL6 media drive at Jaipur, now Grandi10 NIOS Media drive begins at the same place.
The media drive is happening at Udaipur.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks