Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 10:24   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i10 spotted testing in India. EDIT : Now launched as Grand i10 NIOS at Rs 5 Lak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
They din't but at least they offered different engines in different cars. For eg: The Grand i10 got the 1.1 Crdi, the i20 got the 1.4 Crdi, the Verna Got the 1.6 Crdi and Santa Fe got the 2.2 Crdi.

As for Maruti? Let's see, the 1.3 DDiS was given in the:

10 cars! That too in multiple generations! That's as many cars as the number of letters in the Hindi word "Sarvajanic". I guess that should be the official title of that Engine. Imagine the amount of money Maruti Suzuki saved in new engine devolopment, yet they kept on hiking the prices like no tomorrow. Let that sink in a bit.
This strategy is now coming to bite back Maruti in colossal way. The wise Chairman sounded death knell for small diesel engines because they couldn't upgrade / develop BS-VI compliant small diesels.

Lo-behold, Hyundai sprung up surprise by announcing BS-VI ready small diesels; which will upgraded (for new sales) once the regulation deadline comes close. Also, it gave fair indications that the price hike would be marginal compared to what Maruti bigshots were projecting (fear mongering ??).

So, suddenly, Hyundai finds all small diesel customers offered to it on a platter by poor planning/ forecasting by Maruti. Even though the overall small diesel customers are bound to reduce in BS-VI era, but still the number would be more that what Hyundai alone has catered in BS-IV times.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 27th August 2019 at 10:42.
AutoNoob is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:38   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

NIOS Magna variant interiors. Basically instrument cluster, manual air con & music system.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-n1.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-n2.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-n3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 17:30   #243
BHPian

Hyundai has always kept Grand i10 as a "Seller with heavy discounts" car.. Whatever be the price, consider a 75-80K discount on offer in a couple of months.
Old 29th August 2019, 03:45   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
Hyundai has always kept Grand i10 as a "Seller with heavy discounts" car.. Whatever be the price, consider a 75-80K discount on offer in a couple of months.
I cannot agree with you on that statement. We have owned all the generations of i10 and never got such high discounts.

I have three Grands in my family and none got such high discounts! My Grand Asta diesel (1.1) was the first of the lot and I got a discount of 40k that too because of our extremely close relationship with the dealership owner. Else, it was hovering around 15 - 20k. The next one came just a few months later, purchased by a first cousin who got a discount of 25k on the Petrol Asta Variant. The final one was purchased just months after the launch of facelift and my uncle again got a discount of 30k for the Diesel Asta.

Though, having said that I must add the way Grand i10's price has risen a lot of consumers end up buying the Elite i20 for just a little more moolah. I bought the Grand Asta Diesel for around 6.5 lakhs on-road Calcutta. My uncle got the same for almost 8 on-road
Old 29th August 2019, 10:03   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I cannot agree with you on that statement. We have owned all the generations of i10 and never got such high discounts.

I have three Grands in my family and none got such high discounts! My Grand Asta diesel (1.1) was the first of the lot and I got a discount of 40k that too because of our extremely close relationship with the dealership owner. Else, it was hovering around 15 - 20k. The next one came just a few months later, purchased by a first cousin who got a discount of 25k on the Petrol Asta Variant. The final one was purchased just months after the launch of facelift and my uncle again got a discount of 30k for the Diesel Asta.

Though, having said that I must add the way Grand i10's price has risen a lot of consumers end up buying the Elite i20 for just a little more moolah. I bought the Grand Asta Diesel for around 6.5 lakhs on-road Calcutta. My uncle got the same for almost 8 on-road
Grand i10 always had discounts since many years now. I had bought my magna petrol variant for a 50k discount on on-road on my first visit to a hyundai dealer and it was higher on higher priced ones. 50-70k cash discounts are always possible depending on time and variant. More than this include those exchange bonus etc.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 29th August 2019 at 10:15.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:07   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand i10 Nios Drive Review,

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:12   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Video Reviews:

Evolution of air intake design in Grand I10 diesel

1.1 CRDI
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img20160304wa0023.jpg

1.2 CRDI (Slightly elongated and away from engine)
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-hyundai_grandi10_2017_8.jpg

Grand I10 Nios 1.2 CRDI (Finally it made it's way to the front grill )
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img_20190829_121657.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th August 2019 at 12:23.
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:25   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Prior to launch of Nios I was offered close to 90 thousand as discount on the Grand I10 plus a good buy back on my car. I needed an auto so bought the Santro. Was very tempted considering 1.2 liter engine, bigger and better car

After going through the review, this seems to be a decent car but it's clear if you like driving, Swift is the better of the 2.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2019 at 16:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 14:11   #249
BHPian

First drive report by PowerDrift-

The_Outsider! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 13:55   #250
BHPian

A bit off topic but I just couldn’t miss the irony in the shot from a review of the new age car. Look closer to the left of the car. (While watching on TV it was right there in your face!)
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-da240a551cfe40baa3bfb0e947fb2c5b.jpeg  

Old 31st August 2019, 15:44   #251
BANNED

Motorbeam's comparison of Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Maruti Swift.

wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:29   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the i10 for Europe.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-h1.jpg
The VW UP rival will make its public debut at next week's Frankfurt Motor Show, the Mk3 model is due to go on sale early next year.

Quote:
It sits 20mm lower and 20mm wider than its predecessor, while elements like the cascading grille, complete with LED spotlights and slimmer headlights, give it a more upmarket look.
Quote:
It can now be fitted with alloy wheels up to 16 inches in diameter (an increase from 15 inches on the old model) while there’s a choice of 10 exterior colours, three of which are new. The option of a contrasting roof in either black or red means that the i10 has a total of 22 exterior colour combinations.
Quote:
The most significant update comes in the shape of the infotainment system. The housing for the new eight-inch touchscreen display, which is largely similar to the unit used in the i30, flows in one continuous sweep towards the instrument panel, and features physical shortcut keys around the outside. It’s linked to Hyundai’s Bluelink telematics app, which allows i10 drivers to use their smartphone to search for parking spaces, fuel stations and points of interest, and then send the results directly to the car’s navigation system. In a class where rivals such as the up! offer little more than a smartphone cradle, a full-size infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto gives the i10 an edge.
Quote:
the engine line-up is carried over from the previous model virtually unchanged. That means buyers will be offered a choice of two petrol units: a 1.0-litre three cylinder with 66bhp and 96Nm of torque, or a four-cylinder 1.2 with 86bhp and 118Nm. Both motors are offered with either a five-speed manual or five-speed automated manual, and stop/start tech is fitted as standard
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-01_1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-02_1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-10_0.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-08_1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-09_0.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-03_1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-04_1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-05_1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd September 2019 at 07:55.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is the i10 for Europe.
The VW UP rival will make its public debut at next week's Frankfurt Motor Show, the Mk3 model is due to go on sale early next year.
Attachment 1912254
Link
Oh, they're using an AMT in Europe?? That says something!
Old 4th September 2019, 14:45   #254
BHPian

I had the opportunity for a short drive in the NIOS. While the car looked good in pictures, in person, the car didn't look so good. The rear, in particular, seemed deformed and out of place with the rest of the design. The previous gen i10 looked much better proportioned.

The drive itself was uneventful. The car performed as expected from a Hyundai and cost classification.

But I was disappointed with the build feel of the car. I have the first generation i10 which is 8yrs old now and it feels much more solid and well put than this iteration. It felt too "tinny" or flimsy compared to the 1st gen i10. The build feels similar to the current Santro. For a the top end, which is nearly 9 lakhs on road in my place, I feel, the car needs to have a lot more premium feel.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:38   #255
BHPian

The kerb weight and turning radius of the car is not mentioned in the official brochure. Any idea how much it is. Also the alloy wheel width. Basically want to know if an upsize of 195/55/15 will fit on the current alloy with out issues.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks