Team-BHP - The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/201369-hyundai-grand-i10-nios-now-launched-rs-5-lakhs-3.html)

Some rendered images based on the spy shots -

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190706032447_grandi10renderingaci.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-2019hyundaigrandi10rendered11068x711.jpg

Stumbled upon these 2 pictures of the next-gen i10 in an old article on Autobild website.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-hyundaii10illustration560x3739a6bac10121c18c3.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-neuehyundaiundkia2019und20201200x8005dd0ad53ff73786a.jpg

I've checked these images thoroughly and front & rear profiles, window lines, fenders, doors, lights and other shapes seem to match completely with the spotted test mules. :thumbs up

If this version is indeed the actual one that comes to India, I must say the design looks very good, modern and mature.

Source

Since I am browsing through mobile, there is no option available to translate the article. Appreciate if someone else could do that and post here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by self_driven (Post 4622797)

If this version is indeed the actual one that comes to India, I must say the design looks very good, modern and mature.

Couldn't agree more with you self_driven. :thumbs up

The first iteration of Grand i10 was pretty neat. The facelift was not to my liking, especially from the rear. Those "Spark" like round reflectors at the rear made an otherwise good design appear dated.
If Hyundai do bring the one you have guessed here, it will surely make the Figo look even more historic. lol:

Thanks to Anuj Agarwal for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The test-driver rear ended a Dzire!

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img_20190530_182312421.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img_20190530_182302130.jpg

Is it the camera angle or is it that the Gi10 looks much taller than the DZire. Since the camera is at an almost parallel angle to the shoulder line, the roof of the Gi10 seems to be a good 5 inches taller.

The render too looks good, the front 3 quarter has the silhouette of the Micra.

India To Get Next Gen Hyundai Grand i10 Ahead Of Frankfurt World Debut

India is the lead market for the product, and will get the car ahead of Europe.

Link

Next Gen. Hyundai i10 launch is scheduled on August 20th.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4625534)

Quote:

The new Hyundai Grand i10 is expected to sport a similar engine lineup to the current one, with a likely turbocharged GDi engine and DCT gearbox option also being on offer.
Could it be the same one litre engine used on the Venue in a different state of tune? or is Hyundai aiming for a 120bhp (with DCT) car under a price of Rs. 9 lakhs OTR? -
Knowing how Indian market is treated by automakers, I would take this news with a pinch of salt. Its just too good to be true, IMO. Possible but highly unlikely.

We can only hope.! Fingers crossed.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4625534)
India To Get Next Gen Hyundai Grand i10 Ahead Of Frankfurt World Debut

India is the lead market for the product, and will get the car ahead of Europe.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4626276)
Could it be the same one litre engine used on the Venue in a different state of tune? or is Hyundai aiming for a 120bhp (with DCT) car under a price of Rs. 9 lakhs OTR? -
Knowing how Indian market is treated by automakers, I would take this news with a pinch of salt. Its just too good to be true, IMO. Possible but highly unlikely.

We can only hope.! Fingers crossed.!

I think they shall plonk in the AMT box from the Santro in the Gi10 to get rid of the stigma of low FE in i10 / Gi10 automatics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 4626344)
I think they shall plonk in the AMT box from the Santro in the Gi10 to get rid of the stigma of low FE in i10 / Gi10 automatics.

Indeed.

All news doing rounds on ground i10 have speculated that AMT is coming as a replacement to grand i10 automatic and that certainly is a good news.

But it will be amazing, if this DCT and TGDI rumour turns out to be true.

I dont think the 1.0 turbo will come to the Gi10. It is more needed for the i20 as the 1.2 kappa is not the ideal engine for the latter.

The kappa on the grand i10 is more than sufficient for the class of the car and considering size/engine capacity.

This will unnecessarily push up the cost of this segment which is currently already costlier than the erstwhile i20 segment. (I got my 2011 i20 sportz petrol at 6.2L OTR)

I would expect a DCT in the next-gen i20 for India but for Grandi10, they will like to take on the swift for fuel economy, which means AMT. I think it was ACI that had said AMT will come on Grand i10 long ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4571470)
Next Gen i10 spied,

Attachment 1866711

Link

Last picture on this post has gear lever similar to AMT gear lever of Santro. So, I think AMT is present and being tested.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-grand-i10.jpg

However, this does not seem to be the top variant. No floating touchscreen, no alloys. (Typical Hyundai)

Hope they offer AMT in top variants as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4627782)
Last picture on this post has gear lever similar to AMT gear lever of Santro. So, I think AMT is present and being tested.

Attachment 1899025

However, this does not seem to be the top variant. No floating touchscreen, no alloys. (Typical Hyundai)

The floating screen is present, but covered with paper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4627782)

Highly unlikely. With Hyundai, you have to choose one - safety or convenience.

Even the Santro doesn't get AMT on Asta. :Frustrati