Team-BHP - The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/201369-hyundai-grand-i10-nios-now-launched-rs-5-lakhs-5.html)

So no more torque converter ATs in the hatch back segment. Anyone fancying a torque converter AT hatch should go for the previous gen i10 in the dealer inventory.

Good to see the diesel AT, albeit an AMT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4634184)
Decent interiors but can't say the same for the color scheme chosen. Hope it comes with a dark interior color option as well.

+1

These look gloomy. Proper beige colour would have looked nicer. But Hyundai has different beige tones, like the one in Creta is lighter than the beige used in earlier grand i10. This is far from beige, its dull creamish colour.

A darker tone of beige or all black would have really uplifted the look and feel of interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Motorsports (Post 4634117)
The wait for the all-new Hyundai Grand i10 is nearly over.

Why on Earth are they giving white interiors? This reminds me of my Wife's Celerio and trust me, the sight is not pleasant at all. I somehow feel that white colour fails to articulate the plastic quality well and it looks downright cheap. I know that Hyundai will offer better quality than Celerio but still.

Also, is the AVN integrated with the instrument cluster console just like Seltos? I find it pretty weird and ugly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4634180)
Grand i10 Nios to come in 7 petrol variants and 3 diesel variants.

Same mistake again and again. No AMT top end. On top of that, no mid-spec diesel manual. Who takes these stupid decisions?

But we will have to credit Hyundai for making the small diesel engine BS-VI compliant when the market leader has failed to take these steps. I feel that even after BS-VI, there will be 15-20% buyers who will still be interested in diesels even in this segment. Maruti will fail to cater to that segment while Hyundai will welcome them with open arms. The new i10 looks like a serious competitor to the Swift.

TVC of the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2ylXNzhgc

They are really coming out with all guns Blazing to bring down the market share of Maruti !
- This looks stunning in skin
- White Dashboard for India ?? Seriously they need to change it ASAP
- Diesel ( I love the way they said they have included the cost of BS 6 Implementation to their overall drive train upgrade costs ) - Good for us !
- There should have been a proper end with AT instead of AMT - It can very well take on the like of Honda Jazz given the price bracket this will be placed in

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4634204)
TVC of the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios,

Doesn't it look like a little Nissan Micra-ish from certain shots of the TVC?

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-i10.png

.... now that is one s.e.x.y car. Hyundai's got another success after Venue. To hell with recession.

Wierd Long Name! Should remove the Grand Tag.

The Diesel AMT is going to be the masterstroke for this as Maruti will be quitting making small diesel engines soon! Only if it had more variants for the Diesel AMT. I see a winner in the car!

The older Grand i10 should be sold as the Cab Car in BS6 petrol and diesel variants.

More finer details of the Grand i10 NIOS,

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-capture.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-3.jpg

No AMT models for the top end Asta Variant :Frustrati. I guess my father was plainly lucky who got the previous generation Grand i10 Petrol Asta Automatic Version a few years back just before the face-lift was launched. With the face-lift, the top end Petrol was discontinued. The car looks really good. A whole lot better than the Chinese versions of the Creta and Verna.

Hyundai's AMT is supposedly much better than other AMTs, and combined with torquey diesels, the lags should be masked even better. Two questions:

1. Where does this 1.2L diesel come from? Hyundai used 1.4 in i20/Creta/Verna/Venue. Is this new BSVI engine?
2. Are they considering a similar diesel AMT launch in Venue? A better AMT would be absolutely amazing to have in sub 4m SUV space.

EDIT: My bad, this 1.2L diesel is already doing duty on existing i10 grand. Somehow I never realized! But second question still stands.

In my eyes, the i10 Grande always had balanced proportions with subdued looks. The Nios elevates the fun factor within the design by a notch or two while not being extravagant. Suits my tastes to the T! I cannot say the same for the drive though. I have extensively driven my sister's first gen Xcent and it had non existent feedback on every single aspect! It was easy to drive in the city but awful and boring on the highway! Hence, the i10 Grande never featured in my shopping list.

However, I'm ready to pay a million INR if Hyundai gives me a souped up version of the Nios with the 1.0L engine, DCT gearbox, black interiors and more focused handling with good steering feedback. clap: This imo will be the final nail in the coffin for the ridiculously priced tin can called the Swift and a wake up call to VW to bring the new Polo/GT TSi sooner than planned!

Ten variants for the Grand i10 Nios. Diesel will get only one AMT variant.

Again, no top spec AMT on petrol and diesel.

Why Hyundai why!

Hyundai surely knows how to keep the Indian junta interested. After the venue became the highest seller CSUV, they are not letting go in the hatchback segment with this Nios.
They are going the Maruti way, a different model for every 30-40,000 rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 4634341)
Ten variants for the Grand i10 Nios. Diesel will get only one AMT variant.

Again, no top spec AMT on petrol and diesel.

Why Hyundai why!

One reason i believe is that if AMT is offered in the TOP TRIM at launch, the price range will become really high & people tend to think that the model is expensive.

Secondly, it's been mostly seen that OEMs introduce the automatic in top trim after a few months - I guess they gauge if there is actually any demand for auto in top trim else having numerous variants will be trouble for dealer to stock

for e.g:
(Petrol or Diesel Model) x (No. of variants) x (Color Options)