Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 17:21   #76
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
One reason i believe is that if AMT is offered in the TOP TRIM at launch, the price range will become really high & people tend to think that the model is expensive.

Secondly, it's been mostly seen that OEMs introduce the automatic in top trim after a few months - I guess they gauge if there is actually any demand for auto in top trim else having numerous variants will be trouble for dealer to stock
I'm sorry but Hyundai of all manufacturers should know that there is a considerable market for a top trim automatic. I mean, the era has ended long ago where only the newbie drivers or the uber rich would prefer ATs. I can safely say that 8 out of 10 Bangloreans would put their money on automatics and at least 5 of them would pick the top trim!

This is the issue with Hyundai that irritates me the most. Last year, I was in the market the buy an automatic hatch and I was happy with the Santro. But, I chose to put my money elsewhere because Hyundai launched the Santro AMT in the Sportz(?) trim only and to top it all, provided a single airbag!
Old 7th August 2019, 17:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

I am absolutely bowled over by the looks of the car. She sure looks hott ! Would have booked one without thinking for a second if I was in the market. Only thing that is not my taste is the white interiors, a stunning car as this should have got all-black interiors.

The Ignis, Swifts, Figos and all should worry about this one !
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 18:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Attachment 1903198

.... now that is one s.e.x.y car. Hyundai's got another success after Venue. To hell with recession.
I'm sold on this little hatchback! It looks like a more fleshed out mature version of little brother Santro! (I was a bit worried because imo Hyundai have gone a bit Mahindra direction in their latest design language - yes, that isn't a compliment)

Also, does anyone else see Peugeot 208 Mk1 in this profile and overall stance??

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1467708213208image4.jpg
ads11 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 19:04   #79
BHPian

We had booked an I10, which we cancelled today. The interiors just didn't appeal to my wife and me. All black and I would have jumped in since the car is sporty and looks Yummy from outside. We went ahead and booked a Santro AMT instead. Got a great deal at 4.50 L (minus 1.70 L for my 10 year old I10)

Question - all mags say that the old GI10 would be sold alongside the Nios. Does that mean the old GI10 will get BS6 and AMT as well?

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 7th August 2019 at 19:06.
Palio_2005 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 19:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

This looks good. A very mature and tastefully styled upgrade. Even the interiors look good for the class. And Hyundai is known to give you enough choices to select the right one for you. The car should sell in the grand scheme of things.
Old 7th August 2019, 19:59   #81
BHPian

Link

Quote:
The model will have a world premiere on August 22, 2019 in New Delhi, along with a price announcement for the Indian market.
Is this a typo or the launch is now happening on Aug 22 instead of Aug 20.

If it is happening on Aug 22, then we Indians will have our hands full with clash launch of Grand i10 Nios and Kia Seltos.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 7th August 2019 at 20:09.
Old 7th August 2019, 21:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me who thinks the front looks like a Santro?

Any news on a new power-train ?
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 23:37   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Is it just me who thinks the front looks like a Santro?
Looks like Nios has taken cues from all siblings including the outgoing Grand i10.

Front - Santro
Rear - Grand i10
Headlight - Verna (but angular)
Steering and inside door opening handles - Venue
Grill - new Hyundai design language

Quote:
Any news on a new power-train?
As reported on ACI

Quote:
The model, as reported by us earlier, will come with BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines mated to a 5-speed manual or AMT gearbox.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:53   #84
BHPian

On a lighter note, this is how an offspring of the new Santro and the old Grand i10 would look like!.

Personally, I am not too impressed by the new design. Somehow, the 'wow' factor is lacking that one could find in the Elantra for example.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:57   #85
BHPian

Looks like it has proper headrests for the front row and integrated for the back - this just kills it utility for tall folks looking for a small car
vkrmchauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 11:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

If the diesel engine is BSVI, then we will now see in real life the difference between BSIV & BSVI engines, whether it is really more than a lakh as suggested by many reports. If it is true, then the difference between Grand i10 petrol and Nios petrol should be far lesser than Grand i10 diesel and Nios diesel.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 11:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS variants & engine details

According to a media report, the Grand i10 NIOS is likely to be offered in 10 variants with petrol and diesel engine options and is expected to be sold alongside the current model.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-grand-i10-nios.jpg

The variants are likely to include the Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta trims. The Sportz petrol is expected to get a dual-tone exterior option, while Magna and Sportz trims could get AMT option.

The Grand i10 NIOS is expected to get the same engine options as the standard Grand i10, which includes 1.2-litre petrol and diesel units. Both engines are expected to be BS-VI ready and could be paired with a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed automated manual transmissions (AMT).

The Grand i10 NIOS is likely to be offered in six colour options - Fiery Red, Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Titan Grey, Aqua Teal and Alpha Blue.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 13:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If the diesel engine is BSVI, then we will now see in real life the difference between BSIV & BSVI engines, whether it is really more than a lakh as suggested by many reports. If it is true, then the difference between Grand i10 petrol and Nios petrol should be far lesser than Grand i10 diesel and Nios diesel.
The cost of a lakh was reported by Maruti chairman if I am not wrong and I strongly believe that it is an inflated number. As you rightly said we will get to verify this once the manufacturers start releasing the BS VI versions of their current models ( Hyundai's pricing will be specifically interesting considering that Hyundai has stated they had already built in the cost of BS VI upgrade as part of their engine upgrade cost ! )
Old 8th August 2019, 13:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Both the 1.2 Hyundai petrol and diesel units are a distant second to what MSIL has (be it driving pleasure or mileage) and it will boil down to the pricing of the Nios and if the Grand i10 is also going to sell side by side to this, then Hyundai has it's work cut out. Only hope Hyundai clears the stock of the Grand i10 and pulls the plug on it and position Nios at the level of the Grand i10. Basically the Grand i10 has never been able to compete with the Swift in any iteration: even the present Swift is a great looker and performer. If it's priced at a solid premium to the Grand i10, takers will be few: there will be a lot of cross shopping between Nios, Swift and Wagon R 1.2.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th August 2019 at 14:01.
Durango Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 17:08   #90
BHPian

According to carblogindia the leaked mileage figures for petrol mt is 20.7 , 20.5 for amt. The diesel manual is 26.2 kmpl and diesel Amt is 28.4 kmpl. The figures for diesel amt are wow.
ahuja365 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed