Team-BHP - The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/201369-hyundai-grand-i10-nios-now-launched-rs-5-lakhs-7.html)

Quote:

The Grand i10 Nios will measure 3805mm in length, 1680mm in width, 1520mm in height and it will have a wheelbase of 2450mm. Compared to the current-gen model, it is 40mm longer, and 20mm wider, while the height remains unchanged. That said, the wheelbase has gone up by 25mm.

Fuel efficiency wise, the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios petrol manual and petrol AMT will return 20.7 kmpl and an identical 20.5 kmpl respectively. Similarly, the diesel manual and diesel AMT counterparts will return 26.2 kmpl and 28.4 kmpl respectively.
CarWale

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4634966)

Damn - the original i10 was 3565 L x 1595 W x 1550 H. In all these years, the car steadily got longer, wider and slightly lower.
To me it looks like a clear evolution from out of a tall boy image to counter WagonR towards a sporty image to counter Swift.

Undoubtedly this car looks stunning. This will indeed become one of the best looking hatchback in the Indian market. Considering the fact that the current generation of Grand i10 will be sold alongside, I really don't know how Hyundai will price it in-between Grand i10 and i20.
Hyundai could have dropped the 'Grand ' part in the name or could have named it Hyundai Nios to give it a completely new identity.
Just hope Hyundai had considered the below points-
1. Give this car a more sportier/ powerful engine to give it the identity of a performance version of i10 just like Tiago JTP
2. Could have offered a all black interior with contrast stitching
3. The right spoke of the steering wheel looks dull without any switches on it. Could have equally distributed the steering controls between the two spokes
4. LED tail lights should have been provided to keep the style statement intact.

The side profile is undoubtedly stunning and has european flavour. But IMHO, the three-quarter view seems a confused fusion of edges and curves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuja365 (Post 4634961)
According to carblogindia the leaked mileage figures for petrol mt is 20.7 , 20.5 for amt. The diesel manual is 26.2 kmpl and diesel Amt is 28.4 kmpl. The figures for diesel amt are wow.

That's some really impressive ARAI figures for diesel AMT. Even if I take the real world into account it should easily give 16-17 kmpl within city. Wish I had this option last year when we bought the Tiago D.

I liked the new Ad. Car looks quite appealing. Better than previous one for sure.:thumbs up

Hyundai is a prime example of how a proper private company is to be run as per the interests of the buyer and not by an ex bureaucrat who steers a company based on subtle nudges by the govt.

Eventually the market will decide. If the market wants fuel efficient diesels instead of fake hybrids, they will move to companies which will cater to their needs.

There was an advertisement for the new Grand i10 Nios (what an awkward name) in today's Hindu newspaper. There are two offers mentioned. SBI is offering 4th year extended warranty free for 100 lucky customers who book through the SBI YONO app. ICICI is offering Rs 1,000 cashback on booking through their debit and credit cards.

https://youtu.be/2mM1XbEBlws

If the Nios comes with an AMT gear box, will the Grand i10 be offered with the torque converter gear box as it is now? Won't it be a contradiction of sorts with the more expensive sibling getting the AMT and lesser expensive sibling getting a proper slush box??

New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios will feature ARKAMYS music system and 5.3-inch MID

Quote:

we can confirm that the Grand i10 Nios will come loaded with an ARKAMYS music system and a 5.3-inch driver information display (MID).

The car will get an analogue tachometer, and the MID will display the speed, odometer and other information. Both the features will be offered in the Sportz and Asta trims of the Grand i10 Nios.

The Grand i10 Nios will be powered by a 1.2-litre dual VTVT petrol motor that will produce 81bhp and 114Nm. The oil burner will be a 1.2-litre CRDi unit that will generate 74bhp and 190Nm.
Carwale News

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4635483)
If the Nios comes with an AMT gear box, will the Grand i10 be offered with the torque converter gear box as it is now? Won't it be a contradiction of sorts with the more expensive sibling getting the AMT and lesser expensive sibling getting a proper slush box??

I believe the NIOS will replace the existing Grand i10. It's a downgrade in terms of technology with respect to the auto box.

But the mileage numbers will be a lot better in the AMT version. And since Hyundai have a better implementation of the AMT than what Maruti offers, it's an ok compromise.

It is interesting however that the diesel AMT returns more mileage than the manual when they both essentially use the same gear box and hence the same ratio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4635531)
diesel AMT returns more mileage than the manual when they both essentially use the same gear box and hence the same ratio.

Whether the ratios are same or different is something don't know yet, do we ? For instance, TATA Nano has 4 speed MT and 5 speed AMT. So, Manufacturers can change the gear box/gear ratio for AMT variants.

Coming to AMT vs Manual - The Engine calibration is totally different for AMT and MT. The fuel injection especially at low rpms are usually throttled in AMT to reduce the jerkiness. Could be a factor in mileage test.

This could be Hyundai Grand i10 Nios based sedan which might be placed above current gen Xcent, as per the news.

Autocarindia: Next-gen Hyundai compact sedan spied in India

I think current gen Xcent may get discontinued except for fleet drivers, that way it will not eat up sale of the newly launched car

Front looks very much similar to upcoming Grand i10 Nios although the car in the pictures is camouflaged, so it's just an assumption for now

(Moderators, kindly move this post to appropriate thread if this does not belong here)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4452507)
[b]New 3rd Gen Grand i10 Spotted Testing. Launch likely.......

The new grand i10 looks a decent hatch back and like most Hyundai hatchbacks gives the impression (at least visually), of being more sturdily built than the comparable Maruti, the Swift. I am not a hatchback owner, but I had the Hyundai Getz for a while and that’s the impression I got.

Comparisons with the Excent, notwithstanding the usual mfrs gobble-de-gook about ‘Fluidic’ design language & ‘xyz’ platform nomenclature, I feel are not appropriate. Simply because the Excent looks “neither one thing nor the other”. And this, coupled with the uncertainty of the Indian buyer’s preferences, ensured that the Excent sank like a stone.

The new i10 on the other hand looks ‘right’, as one of our neighbours put it. So hopefully Hyundai may have another winner on their hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4635531)
I believe the NIOS will replace the existing Grand i10. It's a downgrade in terms of technology with respect to the auto box.

But the mileage numbers will be a lot better in the AMT version. And since Hyundai have a better implementation of the AMT than what Maruti offers, it's an ok compromise.

Considering the two Santro AMT breakdowns reported in our forum, I hope Hyundai has done enough real traffic testing and thought this out. As they seem to now depend on AMTs for their small hatches.

The worrying part is unlike other AMTs, these seem to breakdown without any warning. In one case it was confirmed as excessive clutch wear in about 7000 odd kms. Other case is still under investigation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djay (Post 4636638)
Considering the two Santro AMT breakdowns reported in our forum, I hope Hyundai has done enough real traffic testing and thought this out. As they seem to now depend on AMTs for their small hatches.

The worrying part is unlike other AMTs, these seem to breakdown without any warning. In one case it was confirmed as excessive clutch wear in about 7000 odd kms. Other case is still under investigation

Yesterday i visited a Hyundai showroom in BLR with an intention to check out the Grand I10 AT, thought since NIOS launch is around the corner there will some good discounts ongoing.
To my surprise they mentioned they don't have a single Grand I10 AT in stock as production was stopped much earlier. There are no proper ATs available currently in the small hatchback category. :Frustrati