Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2019, 15:00   #121
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

I think it looks pretty good. Clean, inoffensive design like the Tiago.

Knowing Hyundai, the fit and finish and materials will be top notch and the fact that the diesel is retained is an icing on the cake for me.

Seems like space is slightly increased and I assume the interior design language will be the squarish one with floating infotainment screen, seen in the venue, which I think is fantastic.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 16:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Yes, the set-up seems like projectors but not sure if it is halogen/LED/HID.
It's most definitely halogen projectors for headlamps and foglamps. Hyundai has pretty much standardised this setup on the entire lineup. Serves the purpose but nothing extraordinary. I also feel the older reflector setup for the foglamps had a better throw than these newer projector fogs. The projector headlamps are pretty good albeit being a single bulb dual beam setup.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 18th August 2019 at 16:52.
Old 18th August 2019, 18:22   #123
BHPian

I am surprised everyone is fine with the fixed headrests even on the top end trim. Fixed headrests are found only on low end (read cheap) cars and none of the competing cars has fixed headrests. Other than looking down market removable headrests can be used to break open windows during emergencies. I know I can't be the only one who feels that the fixed headrests seem out of place in an otherwise good looking car.
bf1983 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 19:10   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I am surprised everyone is fine with the fixed headrests even on the top end trim. Fixed headrests are found only on low end (read cheap) cars and none of the competing cars has fixed headrests. Other than looking down market removable headrests can be used to break open windows during emergencies. I know I can't be the only one who feels that the fixed headrests seem out of place in an otherwise good looking car.
True. I really wonder how much money these companies save by omitting such a useful, or rather must-have feature. Particularly, in the Hyundai range, most of the cars have adjustable headrests only in the top-end trim. I remember that the original i10 was one of the first cars to have front seats with integrated headrests, which I absolutely hate. These fixed headrests, or rather bumps disguised as headrests are just a poor cost cutting exercise and useless for anybody with above-average height.

What is more surprising, is that, many of the older generation cars had this feature even in mid variants, like the old-gen Wagon-R, Santro, Chevy Spark, etc. to name a few.

Whether it makes sense or not, I sincerely hope some regulating body forces the inclusion of adjustable headrests on all seats as a standard feature in all cars.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 19:35   #125
Vmv
BHPian

Found this on Hyundai FB Page.

So they will officially unveil the car in 20th Aug.
This one looks like a perfect strategy from the manufacture to increase the market share

We are just 2 days away from bringing you closer to the #NIOSLife. Get ready to meet the All New #GRANDi10NIOS on 20th August 2019.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-capture_20190818192830.png  

Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:21   #126
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Some snaps I received
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img20190818wa0049.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img20190818wa0047.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img20190818wa0048.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img20190818wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by ACM : 18th August 2019 at 21:27.
ACM is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:31   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Some snaps I received
The white one looks similar to current Gi10 and Xcent. So, the novelty factor and attraction is clearly generated by the new green (or blue?) colour.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
.... Fixed headrests are found only on low end (read cheap) cars and none of the competing cars has fixed headrests...
In case you haven't noticed, even Honda City comes with fixed head rests in the rear. Curiously, Etios Liva comes with three adjustable head rests in the rear, but a single wiper. I simply don't understand how they decide on these features.
2cents is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:51   #129
BHPian

Methinks, white doesn't do justice to this car.

jailbird_fynix is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:07   #130
BHPian

Got to hand it to Hyundai.

They come up with drool worthy alloys even for sub 10L cars.
Old 19th August 2019, 00:33   #131
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
In case you haven't noticed, even Honda City comes with fixed head rests in the rear. Curiously, Etios Liva comes with three adjustable head rests in the rear, but a single wiper. I simply don't understand how they decide on these features.
The City top trim comes with adjustable head rests even in the rear.

I agree that OEMs should offer this as standard across all trims.
Old 19th August 2019, 07:20   #132
BHPian

Very decent looking car. None of that weird garish design elements like on the upcoming Chinese market Verna. I for one, quite like the placement of the day time running lamps as it breaks the monotony of the now ubiquitous and pervasive Audi inspired (long in the tooth) goatee grille while also not being overextravagant on the use of chrome. The chrome on the door handles mimic that on the Fiat 500s. As many have pointed out, the rear doesn't do justice on this otherwise brilliantly simplistic yet elegant design.

What I will be waiting for is the long term paint quality. Somehow lost confidence in the same after recently going through a paint peeling incident on an i20 here on team-bhp. I would also like to see how it fares in the crash test.
Old 19th August 2019, 07:47   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Some snaps I received
Variable basic warranty. 1st in Segment.

People with less running are getting 5 year warranty standard without paying anything extra.

That's awesome. Have we seen this in any other car?
rahul_goyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 08:43   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

That is absolutely the best looking headlamps in any vehicle within the 15 lakh barrier, when one thinks of it, this is the true successor to the Santro and the evolution has been huge.. the Grand i10 itself is an extremely spacious, typical Indian family car but the Nios has pushed the barrier even more. The interior is something one can expect from 10+ lakh rupee cars.

While the Grand i10 took a no-risk path in terms of design and it certainly pleased all and offended none, the Nios has broken away from it and infused quite a few elements from the original i10 and the present Santro. What I hate about the latest gen interiors though, is the single-side steering wheel controls, I hate any car that has it, why not balance it out with buttons on either end?

If this is the sign of things to come in terms of external design and I certainly hope it is, the upcoming new gen i20 will be extremely good looking with a touch of sportiness and it will carry that design way better than the i10 since it is longer and wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
What I will be waiting for is the long term paint quality. Somehow lost confidence in the same after recently going through a paint peeling incident on an i20 here on team-bhp.
I can't vouch for the crash-ratings, but what I do know is there is absolutely no problem with Hyundai paint quality, in a production line there is always room for lemons (defects) and the case that you've seen might've had some defect at the factory end, mostly to do with poor binding of the electrostatic primer in some areas. I've owned a Getz for 9 long years and its paint was still shining when I sold it, no one believed it was close to a decade old and my present car is over 2 years old with its share of bike scrapes, in most cases the paint transfer buffed out and nothing happened to the car's paint. None of my cars were ever "detailed" or "polished" and were wiped with rag cloth (except my present one on which I only use micro-fibre) and yet they remained good as new.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 09:28   #135
BHPian

Waiting to see the engine options on this. I am looking for a Diesel as my next change and if this comes with a 4 pot diesel, I might go for it but if not, it's the freestyle I'll be zeroing on
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks