Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 00:27   #196
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If someone asked me how low is too low, this would probably be it!

To simplify, Hyundai's 20.25 CM is 7.9 INCHES which is 0.9 inches more than what the Swift is offering. IMHO, this comparison chart shows Hyundai's desperation to dethrone the segment leader.
captain.torque is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 00:43   #197
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Yagna Theja Reddy for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I saw a video on YouTube of an AMT equipped car, along with touch screen and ACC. So, the Sportz variant has the above features.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-img_3537.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 04:40   #198

IMHO, the "facelift" resembles the Tata Kite/Zica/Tiago with a Hyundai badge from the outside from the first looks. Haven't had an opportunity to drive the machine to be able to comment on the performance. Will update this thread soon after a test drive.
Old 21st August 2019, 06:51   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Yagna Theja Reddy for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1907152
Somehow the whole integration of the screen and dashboard is not to my liking. There is no flow in the design especially where the screen ends. Like something has been plonked on to the dash. Maybe looks better in flesh.
Old 21st August 2019, 09:07   #200
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i10 spotted testing in India. EDIT : Now launched as Grand i10 NIOS at Rs 5 Lak

I am happy to see how far a small hatch has come in terms of design and features, i10 in particular and the category in general. The interiors look fantastic for the class and should be sufficiently loaded. More power to the buyer.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:26   #201
BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i10 spotted testing in India. EDIT : Now launched as Grand i10 NIOS at Rs 5 Lak

This slide is already irrelevant for Diesel ! My God, Hyundai is very desperate to dethrone Swift. I see there are very nifty features for a car of Hatchback segment like Impact sensing Auto door unlock, Wireless Charger, USB charger, rear power outlet. Instead of focusing on those, Hyundai is scooping to a new low here by selling Shark Fin antenna and 0.9 inch Bigger screen
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-20190820_153440.jpg  

Sk8r is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 10:41   #202
BHPian

Isn't the direct competitor to Swift is i20 and not i10, or am I missing something?

Hyundai is playing to its strength of providing class-leading interiors, on par power and performance and pricing it higher than Maruti. It looks like a good product but with the current Auto industry scenario and after watching the interview of Mr. Bhargava it seems that such pricing will not work in favour anymore. If at all, this pricing might work in favour of Maruti and the competition just the way jazz worked in favour of i20 in early 2009.

On a side note, a small hatch now costs as much as 9 lakhs on road which to give you a perspective was the launch price of Ciaz when it was launched just a few years back. I think the used car business will do well in the near future.
Mr.Beat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 10:44   #203
Senior - BHPian

Some Detailed images shared at " The X-Roaders*" BOG ( Brezza Owner's Group).

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-2.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-3.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-5.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-6.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-7.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-8.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-9.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-10.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-11.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-12.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-13.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-14.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-15.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-1-16.jpg

Image Courtesy: Dr. Mohd Parvez from " The X-Roaders*" BOG ( Brezza Owner's Group).
SJM1214 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:33   #204
BHPian

Just had a look at the NIOS,
I was stunned at the quality, fit & finish of the interiors.

I loved the interior color combination and the light shade - an evolution from the previous gen Grand i10.

I have a keen observation, Hyundai seems to be investing more on the interiors (the 3rd space - 1st & 2nd being home & office )

With rising traffic and prolonged seating, Hyundai has hit the sweet spot by offering (way in advance wrt. other competitors) a more comfortable / lively and ergonomically well designed interior.

I plan to change my father's aging Swift (1st gen facelift with 1.3L Petrol engine) & was waiting for the NIOS pricing, I feel the car is well priced especially wrt. closest competitor (Swift).
The current Swift seems wafer thin & light (meaning not safe)

A neighbor complains of the high FE figures claimed by MSIL for the Swift and the actual FE attained being much lower (he's a sedate driver)
Keeping the "Kitna Deti hai" aside, Safety is a higher concern for me & looking at the build quality of NIOS, I'm going ahead & booking this one for my father
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:37   #205
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i10 spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
To me it looks like a clear evolution from out of a tall boy image to counter WagonR towards a sporty image to counter Swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Detailed comparison vs Swift
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Continuing post the max permissible 30 files.
Did they take my post too seriously while creating this comparison powerpoint deck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Isn't the direct competitor to Swift is i20 and not i10, or am I missing something?
Baleno takes it up with i20 - the Original i10 was half a segment below fighting it out with WagonR, but they want to compete with Swift with the Gi10, and have slowly moulded the car likewise.

Last edited by blackasta : 21st August 2019 at 11:39.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:39   #206
BHPian

It is sad to see that car prices are surging up like there's no tomorrow and Hyundai is famous for pricing their cars higher than the actual value and fleecing customers by fancy ads. Three things I have in mind are:

1. As per post #180, there is a mention of variable warranty which says 3 years/1L km, 4 years/50K km and 5 years/40K km. I feel it should be the other way round (3 yrs/40K km, 4yrs/50K km and 5 yrs/1,00,000 km) because some cars do offer 5 years/1,00,000 km warranty and the car's usage increases over a period of time and it definitely does not decrease.

2. Why can't Hyundai provide a basic feature such as a rear wiper(very useful duing monsoon) on the lower trims below Asta as it is a critical feature than the other gimmicky features they provide usually. I guess mass installing a rear wiper wouldn't cost more than 600-900 Rs and a customer will be ready to pay for it if they are willing to pay 7-8 Lakhs on a car.

3. In post #179 and picture no .17 and 19 Suzuki also has an app-based control for their smart play infotainment system on the top trims of Swift and Hyundai blatantly uses a lower variant's picture to show that Hyundai uses iBlue app to control the infotainment. Even in picture no.16, Swift does have a MID and Hyundai is saying that swift does not have a MID. How can Hyundai mislead potential customers without getting their facts straight?
jithin23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:02   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
1. As per post #180, there is a mention of variable warranty which says 3 years/1L km, 4 years/50K km and 5 years/40K km. I feel it should be the other way round (3 yrs/40K km, 4yrs/50K km and 5 yrs/1,00,000 km) because some cars do offer 5 years/1,00,000 km warranty and the car's usage increases over a period of time and it definitely does not decrease.
If there is an option of 5 yrs/100000 km, then why would anyone choose 3 yrs/ 40k km or 4 yrs/50k km. So the other way round does not work.

I think the idea behind the variable warranty is to provide 5 year warranty cover to owners with low running. That way such owners get 5 years out of the box warranty without paying anything extra.
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:09   #208
BHPian

Wohh!! The automatics are pricey!! If I was looking for an automatic hatch in the 8-9 lakhs bracket, the Glanza G CVT or Baleno/i20 CVT makes more sense than the Nios Sportz AMT. They are more spacious and the CVT is way more refined and smooth. Have driven the Baleno CVT and Santro AMT and the CVT is in a different league altogether.
Old 21st August 2019, 12:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
If there is an option of 5 yrs/100000 km, then why would anyone choose 3 yrs/ 40k km or 4 yrs/50k km. So the other way round does not work.

I think the idea behind the variable warranty is to provide 5 year warranty cover to owners with low running. That way such owners get 5 years out of the box warranty without paying anything extra.
I get it now, it's up to the customer to choose the warranty/years pack according to his/her own wish. Rather offer 5years/1L km as standard would be a better option. Anyway, this a good step by Hyundai.
Old 21st August 2019, 12:49   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Isn't the direct competitor to Swift is i20 and not i10, or am I missing something?.

Ride & handling, engine power & torque.. nothing matters while inching ahead in traffic and helplessly watching the countdown in signals.

Hyundai gives feel good interiors and features which is a boon in such existential crisis times, otherwise one has to buy an expensive duster 4wd and drive to the wilderness to cope with the mental harassment on our roads.
ramzsys is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks