Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 10:15   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs

The NIOS looks good. A welcome change. The Grand-i10 while a nicely designed car, didn't have any eye catching features. It used to get lost in the crowd & always looked much smaller than it actually was. This refresh is wonderful & tastefully done.

Although - the body style didn't need a desperately done floating roof attempt at the C pillar. It is not looking in sync with the rest of the good design. Should have avoided it IMHO. Hyundai isn't generally the herd type. I wonder why they followed others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
That's awesome. Have we seen this in any other car?
Maruti currently offers a standard 5 year warranty on the Vitara Brezza. Certainly for stock clearance of the BS4 MJD diesel & most importantly because the i10 NIOS' elder brother is currently taking the Brezza to the cleaners in sales .

Nonetheless - Maruti is offering a standard 5 year warranty on the Brezza.

And then theres the MG Hector.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 10:29   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Received on WhatsApp.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-nios.jpg

I am told:

- Magna variants (both petrol MT/AMT & diesel) won't have the Alpha Blue colour option.
- Era petrol will be available in the White, Silver & Grey shades only.
- Sportz petrol will be the only variant which will be offered with 2 dual-tone paint jobs - White with black roof & Teal with black roof.
- Depending on the demand, Hyundai might introduce dual-tone options on the top Asta variant in the future.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 10:43   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
Waiting to see the engine options on this. I am looking for a Diesel as my next change and if this comes with a 4 pot diesel, I might go for it but if not, it's the freestyle I'll be zeroing on
Nios is retaining the engines from the Grand i10, but they are BS6 compliant now. So it will be the same 3 cylinder diesel engine and there won't be any substantial change in power and torque figures in my opinion. Ford TDCI 1.5 is one of the best 1.5 engines available. See this link if you haven't already (The emergence of fantastic 1.5L diesels in the Indian car scene) - POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Maruti currently offers a standard 5 year warranty on the Vitara Brezza. Certainly for stock clearance of the BS4 MJD diesel & most importantly because the i10 NIOS' elder brother is currently taking the Brezza to the cleaners in sales .

Nonetheless - Maruti is offering a standard 5 year warranty on the Brezza.

And then theres the MG Hector.
I actually meant if we have seen variable warranty in any other vehicle. Like for Nios it has following options:
3 years/1 lakh kms,
4 years/50,000 kms and
5 years/40,000 kms.

Attaching link to carwale feature list news.
Grand i10 Nios Feature List - Carwale News
rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 12:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say but Hyundai designer's are doing some bad designs. Santro was major disaster in looks & the sales number just shows that. Venue was OK types but not so great, looks like bigger hatchback only. I will prefer current Grand i10 over this any day. Just my thoughts.
Old 19th August 2019, 14:32   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I can't vouch for the crash-ratings, but what I do know is there is absolutely no problem with Hyundai paint quality, in a production line there is always room for lemons (defects) and the case that you've seen might've had some defect at the factory end, mostly to do with poor binding of the electrostatic primer in some areas. I've owned a Getz for 9 long years and its paint was still shining when I sold it, no one believed it was close to a decade old and my present car is over 2 years old with its share of bike scrapes, in most cases the paint transfer buffed out and nothing happened to the car's paint. None of my cars were ever "detailed" or "polished" and were wiped with rag cloth (except my present one on which I only use micro-fibre) and yet they remained good as new.
I will also vouch for the paint quality of Hyundai. After using Swift for 8 years I moved to i20 , it has been 2 years and I can experience the difference already. When a bike or scooter brushes / scrapes , generally there is no visible damage / bent on bumper whereas in case of Swift the damage used to be visible.
Recently a brown Ciaz driver brushed the front right arch of bumper just above Tyre near a toll naka. He was trying to come inside the lane from an illegal lane. He ended up with a white band across body. there was a audible sound and I thought there will be a significant damage but there was only a small patch where some color was peeled off. I know the exact angle and positions matter but still me and friends ended up in conclusion that i20 does have better paint quality.
sanjubaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 14:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

i10 Nios in Astra spec. Manual Transmission. I didn't like the instrument cluster though. I prefer speedo & revv counter to be analog.

Looks like the cars have reached the showrooms.

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 19th August 2019 at 15:06.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:07   #142
BHPian

So no Automatic on the top-spec variant. Why Hyundai, why? How much of a price difference would an AMT make?
gopalnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:55   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I can't vouch for the crash-ratings, but what I do know is there is absolutely no problem with Hyundai paint quality, in a production line there is always room for lemons (defects) and the case that you've seen might've had some defect at the factory end, mostly to do with poor binding of the electrostatic primer in some areas. I've owned a Getz for 9 long years and its paint was still shining when I sold it, no one believed it was close to a decade old and my present car is over 2 years old with its share of bike scrapes, in most cases the paint transfer buffed out and nothing happened to the car's paint. None of my cars were ever "detailed" or "polished" and were wiped with rag cloth (except my present one on which I only use micro-fibre) and yet they remained good as new.
Absolutely agree with you Sir. I have myself owned a 2006 Hyundai Elantra GT petrol variant and still looked almost new after many years. I was just apprehensive. Not defaming.

I have attached a picture of my old Elantra that I so dearly miss. Pic Courtesy: our ace photographer @vaisakhr
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-_dsc4678.jpg  

aveoman19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 18:49   #144
BHPian

The rear design of the car is absolutely disappointing. It resembles Figo and Tiago a lot. It's high time now that manufacturers should start coming up with fresh designs.
Eg: when elite i20 was launched, it's design language looked really fresh.
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:56   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I am surprised everyone is fine with the fixed headrests even on the top end trim. Fixed headrests are found only on low end (read cheap) cars and none of the competing cars has fixed headrests. Other than looking down market removable headrests can be used to break open windows during emergencies. I know I can't be the only one who feels that the fixed headrests seem out of place in an otherwise good looking car.
Was looking forward to replace my existing car but fixed head rests are a real deal breaker as far as I am concerned. From the new WagonR to the Nios. Wonder whats wrong with them and how much do they really save !🤔☹️
amit162 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 23:46   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nios in Red.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r2.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r3.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r4.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r5.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-r6.jpg

Close look at the Nios inside a showroom.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-t1.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-t2.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-t3.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-t4.jpg

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-t5.jpg

And a clear look at it's interiors and displays.

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-int.jpg

Thanks to Nikhil & Keshav.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:09   #147
BHPian

Grand i10 nios started arriving at kochi dealerships. Some photos while unloading the car for its launch.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-20190819_0150242.jpg  

The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-20190819_0151312.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 10:26   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Nios in Red.

Close look at the Nios inside a showroom.
Weird. The red one in yard has a different Grand-i10 logo on the hatch compared to the one stuck on the blue one in showroom! They are in inverse contrast finish. Whats that about?

Also - I was hoping with this iteration that the "Grand" will be dropped.
So now we have a "Grand i10" and a "Grand i10 NIOS" on sale. This could easily have been named "i10 NIOS" if they wanted some company for the "i10" on the badge.

Safe to assume that in 2022 we'll get a "Grand i10 NIOS Excellenza" or something even longer. The whole hatch door will be made of name plate perhaps. Even Suzuki is doing a better job in selling different generations of the car in parallel while distinctly naming those!

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th August 2019 at 10:28.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 10:39   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
Grand i10 nios started arriving at kochi dealerships. Some photos while unloading the car for its launch.
Wouldn't it be illegal to drive with head and taillamps covered?
Old 20th August 2019, 10:57   #150
Senior - BHPian

All set to be launched. Will be interesting to see the pricing in such a slow-down market. Hyundai should also revel the number of bookings received till date.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, now launched at Rs 5 lakhs-ecy7xtew4aa3lpt.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed