Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th November 2019, 10:51   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
See what I mean? Hardly anyone in India knows how & when to use the rear foglamps:

Attachment 1932639

I always think these people like having the maximum number of lights on inside (on the dashboard) and outside the vehicle. Full paisa vasool!
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 11:36   #212
BHPian

Default Re: The most useless features in cars

Right now there are some interesting videos in the Harrier thread, both screens in the dashboard has stopped working. Leaving the driver clueless about the vehicle's vitals.

Manufacturers should provide normal instrument cluster with Speed, Temp, Odo, fuel level additional LCD screen for whatever other information they want to show you. But the basic information must be present with normal needles.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 12:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Well I have been using every feature in the car and I absolutely love having them at my disposal.
==============
I love having the convenience of everything! Makes life easier if you use everything!
Exactly my thoughts. None of these features can be termed as useless. They are all either nice to have or must to have, and I make good use of most of them.

Cruise control - Extremely useful for me even in Kerala roads. Heck, I use it even at 35 kmph sometimes. Many drivers are really hesitant to use it, because of a feeling that engaging and disengaging CC is a complicated process and that it is dangerous to do so when you have vehicles moving in front of you at a distance. I cannot think about owning a car without Cruise Control now. I would love to have Adaptive CC.

Push button start - what a welcome change from the traditional way of cranking up the engine by turning the key!

All electronic adjustments (like mirrors) - again, an extremely useful feature.

Voice commands - I use them with Android Auto and they work brilliantly!

Sunroof - I make good use of it during overcast / rainy days.

Auto headlamps - I have set it to Auto mode from day #1.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th November 2019 at 13:10. Reason: trimmed quoted post
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 16:27   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
It's the 5th gear in my ecosport. The rising traffic on roads would mean I seldom cross 80 kmph in the daily commute (sub-urban/rural).
If its the 5th gear in ecosport, then its the 6th gear in Honda jazz. Hardly cross 60KMPH in daily commute (City conditions). But, its the same 6th gear that munch miles tirelessly on a highway all day. Good on pocket too.

Last edited by saisree : 11th November 2019 at 16:29.
saisree is offline   Reply With Quote