Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 12:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs

Listed on Skoda India website

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/superb-sportline

Screenshots & Reviews

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...-range-updates

My sales advisor remarked that India will get only the exterior and interior mods with the existing engines. Not the 4x4 280 bhp version :-(

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-1535700046284.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-1535700058436.jpg

Some yummy all-black interior pictures of the Sportline & Sportline Plus from Skoda UK - however India specs are still not clear.

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-cantonspeaker.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-panoramicviewerpostersuperb.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-sportlinenewseatlarge.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-sportlinenewsteeringlarge.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-sportlinenewwindowlarge.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_gallery_1a.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_gallery_2a.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_gallery_3a.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_gallery_4a.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_tile3.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_tile31.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_tile4.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superb_sportline_tile41.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superbsportlineplus1.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superbsportlineplus2.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superbsportlineplus3.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superbsportlineplus4.jpg

The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs-superbsportlineplus5.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2018 at 17:21. Reason: Merging back to back posts
itwasntme is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 16:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Skoda Superb Sportline variant! EDIT: Launched at Rs 28.99 lakhs

Given the success of the vRS, it seems Skoda is trying their hand out with the Superb as well.
However, I don't see this being a very successful product in our market given the Superb is essentially a limo in terms of proportions and just a touch too long to be truly chuckable like the vRS. Also, at this price - there are lots of exciting pre-owned options (530Ds primarily) that are easily available (unlike with the vRS where the only good pre-owned option is the 328i unless buyers are willing to compromise on kms / age), as well as new options (330i which is more chuckable).
But hey - Mercedes manages to sell the S-Class in AMG guise too so there will definitely be buyers, but few and far in between.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 12:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India, if you're reading this, Don't waste your valuable effort by giving an upgraded sportier engine for this Superb Sportline variant. It won't sell.

You listened to us and gave us the 2 liter engine for the VRs and it was a success. But this won't sell like that because it's just a luxury limousine.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 14:20   #4
BHPian

I have clocked a good 10k + kms. on the previous gen 3.6 V6 FSi (with the Haldex AWD) extensively on roadtrips . With the low GC and that sweet DSG-AWD combo, it will surprise you with its sharp driving dynamics. For me (someone not keen on crossing over to SUVs anytime soon), it is a practical tourer given its interior space (acres of leg room) and boot space (ability to accomodate more than the fair share of vacation packing) and supreme comfort. Not to mention the times when it has left drivers from a segment above in its dust due to sheer muscle power (265 ps is big power).

I, for one, would have lined up for 4x4 280 ps variant , if they launched it here. Pity few enthusiasts see the value proposition that such a car brings in.

Last edited by octane1002 : 1st September 2018 at 14:38.
octane1002 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 15:59   #5
BHPian

It pains to see that a community of enthusiasts discouraging a manufacturer when its actually trying to get its range of performance cars. The very fact that they are trying to get a performance car shows their interest in going deeper into the India market and satisfy even a few who truly know and enjoy great cars. I for one is happy that Skoda is finally giving us what we deserve, even if its just a handful of us who end up buying such a car.
This should serve as an eye opener for the top market share holder, who in spite of staying buoyant primarily due to the Indian market does not get its performance cars in the country.
Maverick1977 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 16:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The very fact that they are trying to get a performance car shows their interest in going deeper into the India market and satisfy even a few who truly know and enjoy great cars. I for one is happy that Skoda is finally giving us what we deserve, even if its just a handful of us who end up buying such a car.
While I agree where you're coming from, do keep in mind that a poor response could keep a manufacturer away from this segment and deter others as well, hence it's very important to time the market right.
The Octavia managed to be a success for Skoda because of the hype surrounding it, but I don't see that happening with the Superb.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 18:14   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, hold your horses! I really doubt we are getting anything more than the exterior and interior add-ons + the black theme. I'd be very surprised if we get the 2.0 TSI engines. Instead we will get the stock 2.0 TDI & 1.8 TSI only unless Skoda really gets bold with the 2.0 TSI engines producing ~216 & 276 in various avatars!
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 22:36   #8
Team-BHP Support

My pics of the Superb Sportline in Geneva 2016 over here (The Skoda VisionS SUV - Kodiaq @ Geneva)
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 02:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
I have clocked a good 10k + kms. on the previous gen 3.6 V6 FSi (with the Haldex AWD) extensively on roadtrips . With the low GC and that sweet DSG-AWD combo, it will surprise you with its sharp driving dynamics.
Can't agree more. The haldex system makes up for the size and heft the Superb has over the Octavia. While the Octy is a practical car, the Superb is even better, offering far more comfort and room at the rear.

I too wish to see the 280PS 4x4 launced in India, but really doubt if Skoda will. The Superb has traditionally attracted a very different clientele, unlike the Octy. Usually, they are customers who can stretch budgets to the big three, but rather choose not to, prioritizing the chauffeur driven experience over performance. Hence the dismal fate of the 3.6 FSI previously. IMHO, the vRS variants (in all three generations), even if not sold in large numbers, contributed better as a halo model for the brand than the Superb 3.6 ever did.

P.S: Unlike the 3.6 FSI, there is plenty of tuning potential for the turbo motor in the 2.0TSI 280PS variant, and once again the AWD system will ensure it being put to the tarmac properly.
avinash_clt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 09:57   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I know we are getting carried away but YouTube is full of Superb 280 4x4 videos :-)

A funny one below:
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Gentlemen, hold your horses! I really doubt we are getting anything more than the exterior and interior add-ons + the black theme. I'd be very surprised if we get the 2.0 TSI engines. Instead we will get the stock 2.0 TDI & 1.8 TSI only unless Skoda really gets bold with the 2.0 TSI engines producing ~216 & 276 in various avatars!
Well, hope floats...I remember a year back almost everyone saying that the VRS would only be a cosmetic makeover like the previous gen Laura until Skoda surprised us with a 2.0 TSI!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 18:44   #12
BHPian

The person at the helm of Skoda india was also one who brought the Punto Abarth to India, rides an amazing bike (1200cc iirc), and counts an Octavia vRS in his stable. He is an enthusiast and probably that is the oNly reason to expect the full shebang to be launched here.

Had to edit Abarth as the keyboard kept correcting it to Anarth!
torquecurve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 11:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Given the success of the vRS, it seems Skoda is trying their hand out with the Superb as well.
However, I don't see this being a very successful product in our market given the Superb is essentially a limo in terms of proportions and just a touch too long to be truly chuckable like the vRS. Also, at this price - there are lots of exciting pre-owned options (530Ds primarily) that are easily available (unlike with the vRS where the only good pre-owned option is the 328i unless buyers are willing to compromise on kms / age), as well as new options (330i which is more chuckable).
vRS and Superb Style MT cost the same 30k aside. So, maybe the Sportline will be 2-3l more (if MT) and 4-5l more (if DSG), but still not vastly different.
MT box works pretty smooth, acceleration is very good in the 1.8TSI MT, the car turns in a decent radius given its size (esp. compared to its German counterparts). W/o the Drive modes (only in L&K), Steering feels too light to me (used to hydraulic setup from Lancer with upgraded wheels), and suspension is soft for ride comfort, but diminishes handling & causes some vertical movement on undulations :-( If Sportline comes with DCC (and reduced height), this maybe addressed.

Recently, I drove a Ford Focus in Scandinavia for 6000km with MT and 1.5Ecoboost engine, which is a good sporty setup esp in the hills and curved roads - but returning to the Superb, felt immediately a couple of classes up, with refinement and NVH, and handling felt good in the city - have to take it out on the highways and the hills though. I guess depending on how one likes to drive, the Superb can be fun or not ...
lancer_rit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 12:04   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb Sportline 280 BHP:
0-100: 5.3s
0-200: 20.1s

Relentless!

I really hope they launch this one.

anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:41   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

At least in BLR, both dealers are pretty confident it's more of a 'Zeal' or 'Black' edition with only cosmetic interior and exterior changes rather than the powerful engines.

No one has concrete details; just need to wait patiently for information :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks