Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 15:43   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Exactly what I said - so if aesthetics and form is all that matters - why get worked up about the wheel not being actually "alloy" as long as it "looks like alloy"
I wonder why Tata didn't say upfront or in any of the promotional material that it's only a pretend-alloy on a pretend-SUV. It obviously appears to matter to them that at least some of their target market believe it's an actual alloy, or they wouldn't have bothered with the whole DurAlloy nomenclature (which only throws up powder coating results on Google BTW, so it's a bad ruse too).

There's also the small problem of this car being more expensive than the top-end variant of the hatch it's based on, which actually has real alloys.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th October 2018 at 15:47. Reason: Added a point
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 17:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's also the small problem of this car being more expensive than the top-end variant of the hatch it's based on, which actually has real alloys.
I Agree that Tiago NRG is expensive than Tiago XZ (with alloys).
But when we compare the kit on offer and the corresponding price difference, we can get an idea about what customer will be getting against what he / she would have got in top spec variant of normal Tiago.

- Touch Screen ICE (Approx 10 k more)
- Black roof (Approx 10 K)
- Body Kit (approx 10-15 K)
- Roof Rails (6-8 K)

Vs

what you lose
- Alloy wheels (10 K consideting Duralloy cost mentioned as 4.5 K for set of 4)

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 30th October 2018, 17:51   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Correct me if I am wrong.
You're not wrong at all, but perception is a key driver in our market, esp. so in the cost-conscious brackets. Look at all the products trying and failing against Maruti offerings, even though some of them are genuinely better products on pure merit and VFM.

Perceptions can make or break a product. Tata's recent products are rebuilding their credibility, and the JTP launch is critical to build it further. The last thing Tata needs right now is bad publicity to chip away at the load of good work done in the last few years. Penny wise, pound foolish is a very real phenomenon.

Come to think of it, Tata could've powder-coated the regular Tiago alloys to differentiate the NRG edition, wouldn't cost them a lot due to volume deals with suppliers, no bad publicity, and no need to spend money on developing make-believe alloys.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 18:09   #64
BHPian

Saw the first Tiago NRG on road today. Looks taller and sportier then the stock Tiago. Could not click any pics as was on bike.
Old 4th January 2019, 12:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This will be a good addition to the Tiago lineup. ... and the NRG does have enough differentiators. It's not just a stickered up version. ... I quite like the enhancements.

The name though = NRG sucks . Tata usually gets their nomenclatures right, so this lame one is surprising.
+ 1

And on top of it their tagline "eNeRGy To Do More" is quite misleading. NRG gets the same engines (Petrol and Diesel) with the same tune. Was it not supposed to have a little more of bhp and torque? Is better ground clearance going to bring in the eNeRGy?

OR did I miss the point?

Thanks,
C_
Old 27th May 2019, 22:09   #66
BHPian

Autocar reports that Tata Motors has silently launched AMT variant of the petrol powered version of Tata Tiago NRG at a price tag of Rs. 6.15 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

It is now fitted with a bigger touchscreen of 7" and auto-folding ORVMs also.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...15-lakh-412880

Regards,
Debrup.
rupdeb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 08:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

The website of Tiago NRG shows the new price of the Petrol AMT variant, but the brochure is still the same old one without reflecting the new changes. The prices are ex-showroom Dehradun.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-screenshot_20190529083905.png
Old 7th June 2019, 23:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Finally the brochure has been updated to include the AMT variant as well as all the new features of Tiago NRG

Brochure.pdf

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks