Team-BHP - The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/201492-tata-tiago-nrg-now-launched.html)

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg5.jpg

Tata is gearing up to launch a crossover version of the Tiago hatchback called the Tiago NRG. It is expected to be available in a single variant and could be launched later this month.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg1.jpg

The Tiago NRG is slightly longer, wider and taller than the standard Tiago. It measures 3793 mm in length, 1,665 mm in width and 1,587 mm in height. The wheelbase (2,400 mm) is identical to the hatchback but the ground clearance has increased to 180 mm.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg2.jpg

Images revealed through a leaked product briefing document suggest that the Tiago NRG will get a black body kit featuring dual-tone bumpers with integrated silver scuff plates, side skirts and black trim around the wheel arches. The front grille along with the roof, ORVMs and the B-pillar have been blacked out. It also has black roof rails and a roof spoiler. The tail gate has a thick black trim with the Tiago badge on the left and NRG logo on the right. The car comes fitted with smoked headlamps and rides on 4-spoke 14-inch dual-tone alloy wheels.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg3.jpg

The interior looks similar to the Tiago except for the orange and silver inserts. It has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel as well as a twin-pod instrument cluster with silver surrounds and an MID in the centre. The seats have fixed headrests and are wrapped in grey fabric upholstery with orange highlights. It comes with a 6-way adjustable driver seat with height adjustment. The dashboard houses a cooled glove box and a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, which is connected to an 8-speaker Harman audio system.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg4.jpg

The Tiago NRG will be available in both petrol and diesel versions. The 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine makes 84 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. The 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder diesel puts out 69 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 140 Nm @ 1,800-3,000 rpm. Both engines will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Safety features like dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Corner Stability Control will be offered as standard.

The Tiago NRG will be available in 3 dual-tone colour options - Malabar Silver, Canyon Orange and Fuji White. It will compete with the Ford Freestyle in the Indian market.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg15.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg14.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg13.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg12.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg9.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg7.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg11.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg10.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg8.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg6.jpg
The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-tiago-nrg16.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Maybe Tata's take on Ford Freestyle. Instead of Tiago Active, as expected earlier, they'll launch this as a new flagship model in the Tiago series, priced close to Ford Freestyle to steal into it's sales. Glad that the ground clearance has increased along with all the cladding. Just becomes an apt mini CUV, unlike CelerioX which was just a sticker job by MSIL.

Still only Power Adjustable ORVMs, not Power Foldable. No Rear Camera still, despite the 5" Touchscreen from Tigor. No 60:40 or 50:50 Split Rear Seats for added versatility. No Auto AC (FATC) from Tigor, or Rear Charging Port (like in Tigor) or Rear Seat Center Armrest still.

Hope it comes with AMT as well.

Let's wait for the 12th September launch for more details, especially Prices.

I'll pass!! Tiago in it's normal avatar is such a good looking car and this just spoils those lovely looks. I think it's just the touch screen system which is lifted off the Tigor(?) which is an addition - I'll happily swap it from the showroom after buying the normal Tiago, if at all.

I was hoping at least the tune for JTP will make into it - probably, that's saved for the JTP version itself. Might help TATA get some additional numbers, but isn't the Freestyle a better buy than this? The interior quality (of Freestyle) is not at par, but the space and better engine output will negate that.

Received on WhatsApp.

The Tata Tiago NRG, now launched-img20180903wa0029.jpg

This will be a good addition to the Tiago lineup. Sales of the top variants show that there is a market for high-end variants in this segment, and the NRG does have enough differentiators. It's not just a stickered up version. I have a feeling that the aesthetic add-ons will appeal to the target market. Except for the rim design, I quite like the enhancements.

The name though = NRG sucks :Frustrati. Tata usually gets their nomenclatures right, so this lame one is surprising.

What does NRG stand for anyway? A derivative of the word 'Active' would have been better. This sounds almost like the names of one of my South Indian brethren.

If they combine the 3 pots with a proper CVT, that would be a proper urban car. I hope that is on their agenda for (not much) later.

Edit: BTW, this scoop is more detailed than some reviews on other forums!

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 4455018)
What does NRG stand for anyway?...

It stands for eNeRGy - mentioned in the first post.

Does this mean there will be no Tiago JTP this festive season? While NRG is good, Tata Motors has been teasing high-performance Tiago variant and is now releasing Tiago on stilts. Nevertheless, this should attract a few additional customers since NRG looks butch and also gets touchscreen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4455013)
The name though = NRG sucks :Frustrati. Tata usually gets their nomenclatures right, so this lame one is surprising.

Agree with GTO! The name should be more functional as the car instead of a childish "NRG". All the other similar cars use names which have some relevance to the character of the car. Hope this gets Tata some share of the "Cross" segment.

Can we expect AMT variant in this ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4454746)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 4455171)
Can we expect AMT variant in this ?

Maybe later, but as mentioned in the photo attached in this reply, only manual variants will be launched for now. Maybe if there is a good demand for this variant, they may bring in an AMT as well, as it is already available on the regular Tiago variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4455179)
Maybe later, but as mentioned in the photo attached in this reply, only manual variants will be launched for now. Maybe if there is a good demand for this variant, they may bring in an AMT as well, as it is already available on the regular Tiago variants.

I feel they may not bring in the AMT version, one simple reason would be that price will be too close to Tigor XTA's pricing. TATA surely wouldn't want to repeat the Zest, bolt pricing blunder ever again!

Good that the cross version is more than just a stickered version. This reminds me of Avventura when it was launched.

Although I'm ok with the name NRG which sounds like energy when read faster, I don't understand why. They could have named it as "Energy" itself. If not for some trademark thing, it was unnecessary to name it as NRG IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4455241)
I feel they may not bring in the AMT version, one simple reason would be that price will be too close to Tigor XTA's pricing. TATA surely wouldn't want to repeat the Zest, bolt pricing blunder ever again!

But Tigor is just a Compact Sedan, and this will be a Compact CUV, a different Genre. Maybe, Tata may surprise us all, and even launch such a Tigor along with this Tiago NRG with raised GC, Claddings all around and the new Floating Infotainment that was spotted a while ago! stupid:

Such Price overlaps exist a lot in one brand's portfolio, and people choose what they want as per their budget constraints. A person looking for a Sedan will not choose a Hatchback or Cross-Hatch, as he has a specific need. He may choose this over the sedan derivative for the Pot-Hole Friendly nature of this hatch due to the raised GC, but otherwise I am not sure if an AMT Sedan seeking customer would sway for an AMT Hatch or Cross-Hatch!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4454751)
..No Rear Camera still, despite the 5" Touchscreen from Tigor. No 60:40 or 50:50 Split Rear Seats for added versatility.

Let's wait for the 12th September launch for more details, especially Prices.

+1 , sure a deal-breaker for me if no split rear-seats and I just can't understand why this can't be an option in the top-end, if Tata wants to keep the pricing competitive. Otherwise, I would gladly buy one in the existing avatar.