Team-BHP - COTY 2007 Awards
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   COTY 2007 Awards (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20191-coty-2007-awards.html)

I believe OD COTY is Verna and ACI is Civic. Anybody confirm?

Correct me, isn't this COTY 2007 awards?

Yes 2007 COTY for 2006 cars. Maybe one of the mods can change the title. I somehow cannot edit the opening post.

The Civic has won the ACI COTY this time...no idea about overdrive.

Drifter

Overdrive COTY was won by the VERNA

what are you guys talking abt ? if the following link is true, then i am totally amazed as to how civic couldnt make it to any award category.

CNBC-TV18 AUTOAWARDS

interestingly, the honda india site seem to have carried a headline for sometime in the afternoon today abt some best designed car...but thats gone now !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crkishore (Post 348904)
what are you guys talking abt ? if the following link is true, then i am totally amazed as to how civic couldnt make it to any award category.

CNBC-TV18 AUTOAWARDS

interestingly, the honda india site seem to have carried a headline for sometime in the afternoon today abt some best designed car...but thats gone now !!!

Hey crkishore, the link goes to last year's awards ! Please check.

So three mags have three cars:

1>. BS- Chevrolet U-va
2>. OD- Hyundai Verna
3>. Autocarindia-Honda Civic

So this year most manufacturers will be pleased.Does top gear have a coty award,by the law of averages their award should go to Maruti.

Wifey & me went for the Autocar COTY last evening with Sam. The Verna won the VFM Car of the year, with the Honda Civic as the main COTY winner.

Bit disappointed with the choices though, (can't count me as a fan of the Indian Civic) & the Cedia didn't win anything... :mad: But, a damn nice time was had by one & all. The Taj, as usual, was fantastic with their levels of service, etc. Wizcraft & Autocar did a great job putting the show together.

And the comperes for the evening were very lovely. :D

The ICOTY will be announced on 12th or something right ?? dad said he has tickets for one of these events and it was dated 12th JAn.... any idea which ??

Here is my report of the CNBC autocar COTY BOTY show heh heh

As elf said, we went. *shrug*

It was a fantastically well arranged affair, with reserved seating. Levels of service and food were high, with excellent asparagus salad, fresh olives, some brie and camembert, with a few fresh fruit etc.
The whiskey was excellent, the wine good. The entree was excellent, atleast mine as I asked for the chicken. Elf asked for the lobster and in true nouvelle cuisine style, he recieved but a smattering of it.

Ended the evening with a well laid out plate of toasted strawberries.

Oh yeah, they served pralines and chocolate covered large strawberries later. The women were well dressed, the lights were great, the sound terrific and the band was ok.
They were a bit old and were called hip pocket or something. Some of them looked like they should have been called looked like hip replacement really.

We left after a good time and were given a lovely leather travel pouch as a present.

Great night. End of report.

J/K

OK OK here's the stuff that YOU guys would be interested in (unlike me, really)

The first half of the evening (before the entree) was the TNS awards, which is decided by satisfied consumers blah blah blah. Most of the awards went to Maruti, who kept thanking CNBC for listening to the people and not the experts (hahaha)
Which was kinda expected as they wone no real awards after that.

So Without further ado, let me show you how much I love TBHP. I wrote down all the awards and their winners, just for you lot. So don't forget to say thank you Sam.

CNBC Autocar COTY

Best Designed Car: Toyota Camry

Best Import: Audi Q7

Best Variant: Mercedes E280
- What was funny was the german guy came on stage and said "I guess it pays to modify 2000 parts in a car"

Best TV commercial for a passenger car
Joint winners Tata Indica Xeta (Dumb dumb dumb, really) and Dicor: reclaim your wife.

Best Technical design: Mercedes S350
(We were shocked as elf was sure it would be the Maruti Versa)

Best Drivers Car : Honda CRV

Best City to drive in (including road and air quality): New Delhi

CEO's choice: Mercedes

Best Value for Money car: Hyundai Verna

Best component manufacturer: MICO

Manufacturer of the Year: Honda SIEL

Viewers choice award: Honda Civic

COTY : Honda Civic

BOTY (Kebab): Bajaj Pulsar 220

The End. *Bowing*

Awesome Report Sam! Thanks!

I think next time they should have a Reward for 'Best Car Music System'. What say you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 349079)
... As elf said, we went. *shrug* ...

WHAAAAATTTT????!!! You had the pleasure of my company for an entire evening and all you proclaim is a shrug???!!! (now need an indignation smiley).

The Maruti thingie was funny... Jagdish Khattar spent more time on stage than did the two compere-chix... And three cheers for our Hon'ble Chief Minister, who said that Mhaarastra was rolling out red tape for auto manufaturers. Really. No kidding. Tell it like it is, brotha!

And yes, the lobster, like the COTY, was a disappointment. As was the Hip Replacement. Should've ordered the boty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 349079)
Best TV commercial for a passenger car
Joint winners Tata Indica Xeta (Dumb dumb dumb, really) and Dicor: reclaim your wife???

lol:

The Xeta ad got best ad????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 349163)
lol:

The Xeta ad got best ad????????

Not surprised with that.. they do have the "PRETTIEST LOOKING WOMENZ"(just ast RTECH.. he even started a POLL!!) in a car ad..lol:
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
I prefer the Skoda Laura ad overall...