Team-BHP - New engines on Maruti vehicles by 2008
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New engines on Maruti vehicles by 2008 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20201-new-engines-maruti-vehicles-2008-a.html)

Maruti Udyog Ltd will replace its entire F-series of engines--currently rolled out in models like the Maruti 800, the Alto, the Wagon R and the newly launched Zen Estilo—with the more advanced K-series by the end of 2008.

The K-series engines are not only Euro-IV compliant but also more fuel-efficient. The government has mandated compliance with Euro-IV emission norms by 2009. The new engines would also offer a higher brake horsepower.

“To begin with, K10 engines would replace the F10D engines of the Wagon R and the Zen Estilo. The K12 engine will replace the G13B engine of the Swift and the Esteem later,” the sources said. When contacted, a Maruti spokesperson declined to comment. The cars with the new engine would be sold in the domestic as well as the export market. “We have been made aware of the development and we are tailoring our plant to cater to the needs,” one supplier confirmed to FE.

Cars fitted with this series of engines are expected to be slightly costlier than the cars with existing F-series engines.
The carmaker is setting up an engine manufacturing unit at Manesar with an investment of Rs 2,500 crore. The new unit will have initial capacity to roll out 1,00,000 units of engines which would be further expanded to 3,00,000 units.

Source : FINANCIAL EXPRESS

Nice news :).... The more govt. is taking their hands out of Maruti more aggressive they are becoming in marketing and rolling new features and cars.

Pleas tell us the source of this news..

Quote:

Maruti Udyog Ltd will replace its entire F-series of engines--currently rolled out in models like the Maruti 800, the Alto, the Wagon R and the newly launched Zen Estilo—with the more advanced K-series by the end of 2008.
We are going to see the 800 through 2009!! And I thought it has barely a year or two left.

Yeah we will still see 800 compete with TATA so called 1 Lac Car for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 348790)
We are going to see the 800 through 2009!! And I thought it has barely a year or two left.

maruti is gearing up for compitetion its going to face by the end of 2010

Not much difference to an end-user. Required more from the manufacturer's PoV to meet legalese

The latest issue of OD has pegged the Japan Spec K-Car Cervo as being tagged to replace the 800.

If that is the case then possibly the 800 could get discontinued or it could be stripped further to compete with the proposed tata 1 L Car

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreedotk (Post 349104)
The latest issue of OD has pegged the Japan Spec K-Car Cervo as being tagged to replace the 800.

If that is the case then possibly the 800 could get discontinued or it could be stripped further to compete with the proposed tata 1 L Car

Dont think the cervo would be as cheap as the 800...

Now then... Cervo seems more suited to have replaced the zen, than the estilo... And know what... The Cervo comes with optional 4WD in japan... Hope they replace 800 with alto, with Cervo above alto and below estilo... he he... :Shockked:

Guys... is this the car featured in OD??? (or is it some older generation models which have cheap dies available???)

Ooh boy! Definitely like CrAzY dRiVeR's idea... this should've replaced the Zen instead of the Estilo.

Yep agree: CrAzY dRiVeR that is the one shown in OD. I too like your idea of placing it as a alternate to the Zen.

The best bet would be to phase out the 800 and bring the alto down to 800 cost and slot this in between the twin tango Wagon brothers ( or is it Sisters) :confused:

Regards

Sree

news flashed on CNBC TV 18 " Maruti Swift Diesel will be having 75 bhp engine " !!! nice move

Damn maruti...... If they would have launched this K-Car Cervo instead of Estilo then the sales would have been much much better...

I guess Cervo would have costed much more than Estilo so does not make sense to enter Swift's territory...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahss_11 (Post 349405)
news flashed on CNBC TV 18 " Maruti Swift Diesel will be having 75 bhp engine " !!! nice move

I still doubt it will be 75BHP as swift DDiS is 68BHP all over AFAIK. But lets hope its 75 BHP

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreedotk (Post 349232)
Yep CrAzY dRiVeR that is the one shown in OD. I too like your idea of placing it as a alternate to the Zen.
The best bet would be to phase out the 800 and bring the alto down to 800 cost and slot this in between the twin tango Wagon brothers ( or is it Sisters)

Standing in the showroom, i felt wagonR is the big brother and estilo is his cute sister...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahss_11 (Post 349405)

:Cheering:

I hope so...

cant belive how much Maruti has changed in the last two years...