Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 00:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Toyota Camry spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 36.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Camry ready for launch - reaches dealerships.
Attachment 1833437
First thing customers will be complaining is sidewall bulges and cracks.

That's too thin sidewall for Indian roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
At close to 40L ex showroom(assuming) , is it value for money considering alternates available?
Absolutely no. You can get entry level German trio and Volvo at that price point. Unless person doesn't want to be seen in one, which is why Toyota.
Old 14th January 2019, 15:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Toyota Camry spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 36.95 lakhs

8th-gen Toyota Camry Hybrid launch on January 18, 2019

The eighth-generation Toyota Camry Hybrid will be launched in India on January 18, 2019.

Next-gen Toyota Camry spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 36.95 lakhs-camry-hybrid-teaser.jpg

The new Camry is based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA). It features new exterior styling comprising of a V-shaped grille and a massive air dam. The car has sweptback headlamps and wraparound tail lamps. It gets a dual-tone rear bumper that has integrated reflectors.

Inside, the new Camry comes with a redesigned dashboard featuring a touchscreen infotainment system. It has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a twin-pod instrument cluster. In India, the Camry Hybrid is likely to get features like a 9-speaker JBL audio system, wireless charging, 10-way power adjustable driver seat with memory function, 3-zone automatic climate control, cruise control and sunroof.

The Camry Hybrid is expected to be powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine which produces 174 BHP @ 5,700 rpm and 221 Nm @ 3,600-5,200 rpm and an electric motor. It could come with an ECO Mode and a full-electric mode. The Camry Hybrid could also get Auto Glide Control.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 12:25   #63
BHPian

Launched

"The Toyota Camry Hybrid has been launched at a price of Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom

The 2.5-litre hybrid powertrain has been lightly tweaked in the new-gen car, with optimised valve design and a host of other small changes, including the 4th gen Toyota Hybrid System, to increase efficiency to 23.27kmpl."

Source: http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/l...unch-in-india/

Website is also live : https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/camry/

Last edited by zaveed : 18th January 2019 at 12:28.
zaveed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 13:00   #64
Team-BHP Support

Here's the new Brochure. They have priced it lower then outgoing model I believe.

Apparently, in Delhi NCR, there is a Rs 70,000 rebate under FAME scheme for Hybrids which will be passed by Dealership at the time of invoicing. Not aware about other places.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf all-new-camry-brochure.pdf (1.11 MB, 974 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th January 2019 at 13:15.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 17:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Apparently, in Delhi NCR, there is a Rs 70,000 rebate under FAME scheme for Hybrids which will be passed by Dealership at the time of invoicing.

I have slowly developed a liking towards Camry. Was eyeing on this upcoming model and can surely see lot of benefits with respect to its competition. Toyota's brand value and reliability factor with ample features makes camry stand apart in crowd. A true environment friendly hybrid engine not a marketing gimmick from Maruti or Mahindra to save taxes.

I know this is not a drivers car and enthusiasts might prefer Superb or Camry over this but in practical day to day driving this is a far better option than the scary unreliable German counterparts.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 23:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Here's the new Brochure. They have priced it lower then outgoing model I believe.
Page 7 of the brochure shows a Left-Hand Drive model!?

Last edited by spindoc : 18th January 2019 at 23:55.
spindoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 09:51   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I have slowly developed a liking towards Camry. Was eyeing on this upcoming model and can surely see lot of benefits with respect to its competition. Toyota's brand value and reliability factor with ample features makes camry stand apart in crowd. A true environment friendly hybrid engine not a marketing gimmick from Maruti or Mahindra to save taxes.

I know this is not a drivers car and enthusiasts might prefer Superb or Camry over this but in practical day to day driving this is a far better option than the scary unreliable German counterparts.
I was awaiting the new Camry for the listed reasons : Luxury quotient, high degree of space and refinement, prefer a petrol over diesel, Toyota reliability and peace of mind post purchase, service quality, time taken to service/ fix issues and return the car.

The price point is a dampener though. I currently have a 13 year old Corolla (Petrol) and was looking for a replacement and an upgrade.

I was looking for an automatic with a sunroof, lots of space, preferably (5+2 seater but not mandatory), preferably petrol, reasonably powered and high degree of refinement, excellent service quality. Intend to keep the car for a long time.

At this point in time, Toyota Camry, BMW X1, Ford endeavour remain in my consideration set. I will possibly wait to see what the new Endeavour has to offer. Yet to assess Honda CRV petrol.

Have dropped the Honda CRV diesel(power), Skoda Kodiaq(service) and Toyota Fortuner (great vehicle but not what I am looking for) from my consideration set.

I would be driving myself. I do agree that the vehicles I have listed are not from the same category - one is a sedan, few are crossover/ monocoque and the other a ladder on frame SUV. However I am not able to decide just as yet. Out of these, I have driven Ford endeavour and the X1 but not the new Camry (had driven the previous one). I have not checked out Honda CRV petrol. Any help or clarity in this selection process is appreciated.
subbarp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 10:20   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Very well priced by Toyota standards. I had been expecting this at about ₹ 40 lakhs ex showroom - ₹ 37 lakhs is a great deal. I must say the grill has grown on me - it looked hideous when I first saw it,but am now starting to like it. The interiors seem nice - though the brown interiors of the previous generation facelift were more to my taste than the beige they have shown in the brochure (perhaps they have interior options). The addition of a sun roof (even if not a panaromic one) addresses the one issue I had with the previous generation that a friend owns. I do think this generation will do a lot better than the previous one, which was launched with just 2 air bags and seemed very rental car spec.

Last edited by Hayek : 19th January 2019 at 10:24.
Hayek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 11:36   #69
BHPian

What about the NiMH batteries in this new Camry car? Reliability, warranty and replacement cost?
Also, do the batteries take up trunk space or we get full boot in the car?
I have a 2008 Accord Vti L - AT and its time to replace that car.
Old 19th January 2019, 11:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
What about the NiMH batteries in this new Camry car? Reliability, warranty and replacement cost?
Also, do the batteries take up trunk space or we get full boot in the car?
I have a 2008 Accord Vti L - AT and its time to replace that car.

I had read somewhere that the batteries on this Camry have been moved to under the rear seats and do not take away from the boot space. Not sure of this though until I visit the showroom and cross check.
Old 19th January 2019, 12:01   #71
BHPian

What is the Ground Clearance of this new model?
Old 19th January 2019, 13:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
I would be driving myself. I do agree that the vehicles I have listed are not from the same category - one is a sedan, few are crossover/ monocoque and the other a ladder on frame SUV. However I am not able to decide just as yet. Out of these, I have driven Ford endeavour and the X1 but not the new Camry (had driven the previous one). I have not checked out Honda CRV petrol. Any help or clarity in this selection process is appreciated.
Since you intend to drive, why don’t you check out the VW Passat? I would have recommended the Superb too, but since you’ve already disqualified the Kodiaq for the reason noted, it didn’t make sense to recommend the flagship Skoda sedan. The Passat, on the other hand, is significantly cheaper than the Camry, is plenty spacious, has that sweet, sweet DSG-TDi combo and top class interior quality to boot. Sure, you’re trading in the tested Toyota after service for all this, but I still think the Passat is well worth your consideration.

You can’t possibly go wrong with the Camry in any case, but the price difference is so stark that one would be wise enough to consider the alternative already established in the market.
gk1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 23:46   #73
BHPian

Need to see a comparison between this and its Rs 60L++ Lexus cousin.
Old 21st January 2019, 07:13   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll be keen to understand the projected TCO for the hybrid Camry over say a standard timeline of 5 years.

For example, when do the batteries need to be changed, are there any other 'consumable' type parts in the electric powertrain and how much will it all cost?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 08:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

30 Lakhs plus seems quite expensive for this Camry. Here in Australia, the Camry base model costs around $32000.

I have never liked Toyota Camry, this one does look quite fancy but just too much going on in terms of Design.

ITWANTME:

I have used the 7th Gen Camry Hybrid at work. It runs around 6.5-8 L/100 KM. My friend has one 2012 model it has been 8.5 Lakh KM and no major works done apart from normal service. Now it seems that he will need a new suspension.

In Australia, Camry Hybrid is the main Taxi and Uber Vehicle. people say that the batteries last around 4-5 years with around 1Lakh Km every year run.

Last edited by desideep : 21st January 2019 at 08:32.
desideep is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks