Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 22:01   #31
BHPian

Re: The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched

Hey Guys,
Can anyone enlighten upon the interior quality of the X5 in comparison to say an XC90? BMW uses Vernasca leather which I guess slots between Nappa and Dakota. I saw a 330Li at the dealership which has the same material but I found the quality to be underwhelming. I felt my Audi Q3 has a much better quality of materials used

My dealer in Lko doesn't have an X5/X7 currently so not able to check those cars out.
Old 11th May 2021, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Hey Guys,
Can anyone enlighten upon the interior quality of the X5 in comparison to say an XC90? .
XC90 has sightly better leather quality but leather seats in x5 have more durability and less maintenance. I don't think leather quality is a deal breaker through.
Old 11th May 2021, 13:22   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW uses Vernasca leather which I guess slots between Nappa and Dakota. I saw a 330Li at the dealership which has the same material but I found the quality to be underwhelming.

You have understood correctly. It will all depend on what other vehicles you use or how much you value the feel and quality of the leather in the car. BMW has now removed the leather from the dash which earlier used to be on the Diesel so for the money one has to spend, it's not a pleasant cabin to spend time. Another annoying thing is the lack of ventilated seats. Because of our weather and this leather, it can be super sweaty. XC90 is ancient, so check the XC60.

Manufacturers have been increasing the prices as if there is limitless purchasing power, I don't have a good feeling about the pent-up demand after this gets over but seeing several threads from people scouting for new cars, it looks this is going to last longer.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 15:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Manufacturers have been increasing the prices as if there is limitless purchasing power.
Very true, every year manufacturers are increasing prices too much and this is going in wrong direction. Superb which used to cost 25 lacs is now 40, e class which was around 55 now 80. I think time is not far when we will see e class selling at 1cr+
Old 11th May 2021, 23:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
I think time is not far when we will see e class selling at 1cr+
The V213 E350 already is 93Lakh OTR in Lucknow where road tax is 9% IIRC. So in places like Karnataka, I am guessing the price would have crossed the 1cr mark
Aaroah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 10:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Very true, every year manufacturers are increasing prices too much and this is going in wrong direction. Superb which used to cost 25 lacs is now 40, e class which was around 55 now 80. I think time is not far when we will see e class selling at 1cr+
E350d is listed at 1.03 crore in Bangalore according to carwale.com. That's the top end, however majority of buyers will take the lower variants, I personally can't imagine rich guys trusting their drivers with the 6 cylinder. Nominal prices have not kept pace with inflation, however, that's little relief for the average buyer. The bad part is that most of these cars have less kit than their previous versions.
Old 16th May 2021, 11:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,
Can anyone enlighten upon the interior quality of the X5 in comparison to say an XC90? BMW uses Vernasca leather which I guess slots between Nappa and Dakota. I saw a 330Li at the dealership which has the same material but I found the quality to be underwhelming. I felt my Audi Q3 has a much better quality of materials used

My dealer in Lko doesn't have an X5/X7 currently so not able to check those cars out.
I have a G30 530D with nappa leather and an X7 with Dakota. Nappa feels slightly softer, but the X7 is pretty close too. Compared to an XC90, Bmw interiors won’t look dated even after years of use. Leather quality certainly not a deciding factor for me.
Old 25th June 2021, 16:29   #38
BHPian

Are BMW dealers offering any discounts on X5? I heard from Pune/Mumbai dealers that there is almost zero discount at present on 40i and a very minuscule discount on 30d.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 11:39   #39

Pune dealer is offering a 2 Lacs discount on OTR for x5 40i
Old 5th September 2021, 13:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbhatia1108 View Post
Pune dealer is offering a 2 Lacs discount on OTR for x5 40i
I think 2 lacs will be the insurance discount. They mark-up the insurance by 2 lacs in the first quote and later discount it. Did they quote a lower ex-showroom? will you share with us what was the over-all negotiated breakup?
kashesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 11:26   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
I think 2 lacs will be the insurance discount. They mark-up the insurance by 2 lacs in the first quote and later discount it. Did they quote a lower ex-showroom? will you share with us what was the over-all negotiated breakup?
Sorry for the delayed revert. Please find attached
Attached Thumbnails
The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-818ab8bd04104d629a91c353f9255f2e.jpeg  

rmbhatia1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 23:04   #42
BHPian

Took a test drive of X5 40i here in Pune. Was planning to try 30d but dealer offered this citing unavailability.

Sharing a few observations.

For reference I own Remapped Octavia 1.4TSI and this was my first time driving any BMW:
  • X5 is huge and you sit really high. And it has a massive road presence. People make a way for you.
  • Interior is top-notch. Loved the new generation layout.
  • Leather is great
  • Excellent seats with 16 way adjustments. You can adjust side bolstering too.
  • Plenty of leg room at the rear, more than Octavia. Seat width is adequate. Leather touches on door panel feels nice.
  • Boot space is as good as Octavia.
  • Split-tailgate is cool feature. Also has option to lower the car with a touch of button to load luggage easily.
  • Ground clearance can be adjusted between approximately 160 to 250mm.
  • Lower part of tailgate can act as a sit-out place while camping or a lunch break.
  • Spare wheel has proper space.
  • Comfort acess means driver seat moves back and steering moves upward. Once you get in the car, seat moves forward and steering comes down.

Coming to drive, the car is extremely fast. It does 0-100 in 5.5 seconds. But it lacks the drama you come to expect from a 3.0 Turbo Petrol. The power delivery is super quick but linear. There is no push in the back feeling. The one I get in my humble Octavia. Like Turbanator said in one of his posts, there is no kick - the one you get 30d. I didn't get to try sport mode for a long distance, maybe that will take care of that. I wish I would have tried manual sport mode. That must be something else.

No complaints on gearbox. It never feels strained and always in the right gear.
Body roll is extremely well controlled, less than my 75k run Octavia.
It almost feels like an electric car, such is refinement

The ride quality is exceptional. I test drove Citreon C5 a day before and it was too soft. Whereas X5 is rock solid. It gobbles up bump and potholes like anything. My wife who felt dizzy in C5 had no complaints with X5.

X5 reeks of sophistication - the way it picks up speed, NVH, Suspension, Cornering, etc. This car is made for long distance trips. And it's great answer to extremely bad roads of Maharashtra.

And worth every penny if you can afford to ignore 30-40lacs you would pay to government in taxes (customs, GST and Road tax) if you decide to buy this 1.1Cr BMW which doesn’t get the legendary 10-lac BMW discounts we are familiar with.

Here are few clicks:

Probably the only BMW beside X7 which has some road presence. I mean the Fortuner type.
The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-34d88f8bc3e047d8a9cd5885b0c34c5a.jpg

The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-pxl_20211223_054835800.jpg

That’s my Octavia in the parking at the back.
The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-pxl_20211223_054447943.jpg

That’s my wife at the wheels. She is sold. Gotta get back to work to earn it.
The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-pxl_20211223_062134881.jpg
livezero is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 23:44   #43
BHPian

How does the X5 40i compare to the Porsche Cayenne ?
Does the Cayenne give the “drama and push in back feeling” ?

Does Porsche justify the 50% jump in price compared to the X5 ? I know X5 is a CKD and Cayenne is a CBU and that’s why the cost is different.

My question is purely from a driving perspective.
Old 7th March 2022, 12:34   #44

Help on BMW X5 xDrive40i M sport

Hello Team members,

This is my first post as a new member. I've been reading this forum since I was a child and it has always helped us immensely. Never got around to making a membership however better late then never.

Needed some help on a query I am facing and who better than the community to turn to.

Quick background on what we are driving currently - Fortuner and Honda City.

It's my Dad's 60th birthday this year and I've always wanted to gift him an X5 as he really likes this car. Fortunate enough that I am able to do this now.

I've already told him about it as I wanted to ensure his preference has not changed over the years and wanted to know his favourite color, any specific preference, etc.

I've been contemplating last few months and only thing I've heard from both Mumbai dealerships is - please book and then you'll be allocated one as BMW is only making X5 on requests. Was told wait time is around 2-3 months.

Went ahead and booked one in end of Jan 2022 in Tanzanite Blue.
My allocation is due soon and now I'm faced with a dilemma. Was taking to a buddy of mine where we discussed and he mentioned X5 doesn't come in Tanzanite Blue. Cross checked with the dealership and they said it's a new color, however can't find any such information on the BMW India official website spec sheet for X5 - Petrol. The dealership has assured it's a new color and subject to order however this made me skeptical.

We've faced this issue once before (back in 2015) where the Honda city we ordered was brown but the dealer assumed brown to be some other brown and we were stuck with that car.

Wanted to check if anyone in the community has any idea on this color offering?
I've also contacted BMW India but yet to hear back from them. Once I do I'll update the thread.

Thanks a lot in Advance for the help!

My Best
Kanishk
Kanishkb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:24   #45
Team-BHP Support

Re: Help on BMW X5 xDrive40i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishkb View Post
This is my first post as a new member.
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
It's my Dad's 60th birthday this year and I've always wanted to gift him an X5 as he really likes this car.
Congratulations to him. It's a grand gesture from your side to fulfil your parents' wishes. They must be very proud of you.

Quote:
Went ahead and booked one in end of Jan 2022 in Tanzanite Blue. Was taking to a buddy of mine where we discussed and he mentioned X5 doesn't come in Tanzanite Blue. The dealership has assured it's a new color and subject to order. Wanted to check if anyone in the community has any idea on this color offering.
Yes, this colour comes in X5, though not regularly. If your dealership has taken the booking, it implies they have the slots from the factory.

Here's a picture of one being delivered

The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-whatsapp-image-20220307-1.16.35-pm.jpeg

The 4th-gen BMW X5, now launched-whatsapp-image-20220307-1.16.35-pm-1.jpeg

Do update here when you get delivery or have any additional questions. Good luck with your purchase

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th March 2022 at 13:26.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks