Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 19:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India

Audi sets sights on new launches in 2019 and beyond , apart from the Q8 and A8 sighted earlier now comes the New A6 to India.

Expect the New Q3, A1 and e-tron too to appear soon in India.

Quote:
the new sedan has come to our shores, landed in Pune, went to ARAI and has begun testing for emissions and fuel economy, as usual. The A6 is said to get the standard wheelbase version for the Indian market
Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-untitled.png

Name:  untitle11d.png
Views: 6382
Size:  600.2 KB

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th September 2018 at 19:35.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Audi sets sights on new launches in 2019 and beyond , Apart from the Q8 and A8 sighted earlier now comes the New A6 to India.
Minus those rings on the rear, it looks exactly the same as new 7 series to me

They should offer a standard Air suspension, 5 series and E on the lower variant- both are missing, it's a one useful feature for our roads.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 09:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India

Judging from what I read. it is merely a waft mobile, does not really excel in any particular area, nice interiors though!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 10:01   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India

The A6 - although a sweet car - has always sold more due to discounting & heavy sales push than anything else. The E-Class is the epitome of luxury (especially the current long wheelbase version), while the 5-Series is all about driving pleasure. Audi is somewhere in between. Now, things will get even more difficult for it with the entry of Lexus, Volvo & Jaguar into the segment.

One could actually say the same thing for the A4 & A8 too.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 09:00   #5
BHPian

2019 Audi A6 | First Drive | OVERDRIVE:

JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 15:16   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The A6 - although a sweet car - has always sold more due to discounting & heavy sales push than anything else. The E-Class is the epitome of luxury (especially the current long wheelbase version), while the 5-Series is all about driving pleasure. Audi is somewhere in between. Now, things will get even more difficult for it with the entry of Lexus, Volvo & Jaguar into the segment.

One could actually say the same thing for the A4 & A8 too.
That Audi and its new “gaping maw” grille. I am not sure it is to my taste. And the new Beemers with the super sized kidney grilles, again are not to my liking.
They are too in your face and hence, inelegant and unsubtle.

You know. Whatever any one may say, there is a certain something for us old timers (people born in the 1970’s), about the Three Pointed Star. Nothing comes close.
I love the old beautifully engineered mechanical Mercs of the 1970’s, 1980’s and 1990’s.
Not for nothing did they claim they were the Best Engineered Car in the World. Probably excessively engineered in those days.
But I am not really a big fan of these super electronicsified new age Mercs these days. Too many squizzly things in them, many of which can go wrong...
If someday, I have some money, I wish to buy and own a nicely kept pre owned 1990’s Merc E or S Class maybe the old E with that Wedge Back...
Or if some serious money were available, I would absolutely LOVE a Pagoda Top of old. Those were so evocative.
Beautiful cars.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 17:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Minus those rings on the rear, it looks exactly the same as new 7 series to me

They should offer a standard Air suspension, 5 series and E on the lower variant- both are missing, it's a one useful feature for our roads.
I actually find it a big Japanese looking from the rear - similar to what BMW has done with the new 3 series.

As for Air Suspension - I've been keeping an eye out, and it is surprising how many of them are failing on our road conditions. BMWs, Volvos, Audis, etc. Surprisingly Mercs are witholding our conditions better it seems.

Not to forget, these cars are mostly chauffeur driven, so very few will actually adjust the suspension setting or use the height adjuster.

Heck, our A6 has had 3 suspension related issues in 45Kkm of driving, so I for one would prefer a nicely tuned stock suspension any day like that of the E60 5 series, or W211 E Class that we owned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Judging from what I read. it is merely a waft mobile, does not really excel in any particular area, nice interiors though!
Same as the current A6.
Brilliant interiors, quiet, and a cruiser. It doesn't feel as nice to drive as a Mercedes, or a BMW (mainly due to steering feel - body control, and stability is excellent though) but as a chauffeur driven car - it ticks a lot of the right boxes. If priced right (significantly undercutting the E Class), it may do well for those who seek a VFM Chauffeur driven German car and find the 5 series / XF too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The A6 - although a sweet car - has always sold more due to discounting & heavy sales push than anything else.
Now, things will get even more difficult for it with the entry of Lexus, Volvo & Jaguar into the segment.
Can't agree more. The current A6 post discounts retails for similar to what we paid for the car way back in 2011 when it was just launched!
Audi's biggest reason for slow sales is not to do with the package, but rather the understated styling IMO, which is surprising for a company that set style standards with the A4 and Q7 many years ago.
IMO the biggest competitor is Lexus - which offers similar space, comfort, etc. but with better reliability.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

8th-gen Audi A6 45 TFSI spotted testing in Pune

The eighth-generation Audi A6 45 TFSI has been spotted in Pune, which suggests that the car could be offered with a turbocharged petrol engine option.

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a6-45-tfsi.jpg

The A6 45 TFSI offered in the international market comes with a 2.0-litre, turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 242 BHP @ 5,000-6,500 rpm and 370 Nm @ 1,600-4,300 rpm. The engine is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and Quattro all-wheel drive system.

The new A6 is larger in size than its predecessor. It has a wider front grille with redesigned headlamps and a new front bumper. The car gets new tail lamps clusters with a chrome bar in the centre and a redesigned rear bumper with chrome inserts.

Audi has also updated the interior of the new A6. It comes with two touchscreens, 3-spoke, multi-function steering wheel and Audi's Virtual Cockpit.

Audi is yet to announce the engine options that will be offered on the A6 in India.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd July 2019 at 13:18.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 01:06   #9
BHPian

I used to hate the concept of fake exhaust tips on the back. But have to admit, it is growing on me.

It keeps the rear clean and eliminates the need for having to paint the bumper black at the level of exhaust tips.

Still a lot to grow before I like the fake over the functional, but it is growing.
Old 6th August 2019, 07:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The New A6 spotted in Pune again.

Quote:
Audi is bringing in a more powerful petrol engine under the hood of the new A6, as evident from the '45 TFSI' badge visible in one of the shots. This nomenclature corresponds to a 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder, turbocharged unit in international markets that generates 245 horsepower and 370 Nm of torque. Mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, the power is sent to all four wheels through Audi's Quattro all-wheel-drive system.
Quote:
The 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder diesel from the current A6 is also expected to join the lineup once the necessary upgrades for making it BS-VI compliant are done
Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-201908_audi-a6-1.jpg

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-201908_audi-a6-2.jpg

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-201908_audi-a6-3.jpg

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-201908_audi-a6-4.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 13:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Still, nothing really is going for this A6. They can keep cutting that front grill and the headlights which ever way they like, the truth is, this car is lost in transit.
It will not pamper you like an E and you are not going to be able to take it around a bend like a 5.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

8th-gen Audi A6 spotted

The eighth generation Audi A6 has been spotted ahead of its launch.

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a61.jpg

The new A6 is larger in size than its predecessor and has a new front grille with redesigned headlamps. The car gets new tail lamps clusters with a chrome bar in the centre and a redesigned rear bumper with chrome inserts. On the inside, the new A6 comes with two touchscreens, a 3-spoke, multi-function steering wheel and Audi's Virtual Cockpit.

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a62.jpeg

Spy images suggest that the new A6 could be offered with a 2.0-litre, turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine. In the international market, this engine produces 242 BHP @ 5,000-6,500 rpm and 370 Nm @ 1,600-4,300 rpm and comes paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The A6 is also expected to get a 2.0-litre diesel engine option.

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a63.jpeg

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a64.jpeg

Next-gen Audi A6 spotted in India-a65.jpeg

Source: Trak.in

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd October 2019 at 18:06. Reason: As requested
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 18:30   #13

Autocar India has released their review of the new A6 in their magazine. Supposedly, this car is going to be missing some important features. The main point to note is that this A6 supposedly will NOT have Air Suspension and will come with a passive steel spring setup. It will also not have the 360° surround cameras, no S-Line package, and will get the basic Matrix LED headlamps and not the top-spec stunning HD LED Matrix units present in international markets (i.e No cool animations on startup for both the front or rear lights). The A6 will be coming with a 16 speaker Bang and Olufsen 3D sound system though.

Although the car seems to ride very well (according to Autocar) on the passive setup, I think the loss of Air Suspension and such gimmicks is a BIG miss on Audi India's part, considering the highlight of the current model was the air springs and that comfy absorbent ride. The E-class has the rear seat package, the 5 series appeals to the driver, whereas the A6 has no USP or wow-factor of its own even though it might come across as a very well rounded product to some family-car buyers.
ProximaCentauri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 15:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

The all new Audi A6 reviewed by AutocarIndia.

Last edited by ram87pune : 6th October 2019 at 15:21.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:55   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximaCentauri View Post
Autocar India has released their review of the new A6 in their magazine. Supposedly, this car is going to be missing some important features. The main point to note is that this A6 supposedly will NOT have Air Suspension and will come with a passive steel spring setup. It will also not have the 360° surround cameras, no S-Line package, and will get the basic Matrix LED headlamps and not the top-spec stunning HD LED Matrix units present in international markets (i.e No cool animations on startup for both the front or rear lights). The A6 will be coming with a 16 speaker Bang and Olufsen 3D sound system though.

Although the car seems to ride very well (according to Autocar) on the passive setup, I think the loss of Air Suspension and such gimmicks is a BIG miss on Audi India's part, considering the highlight of the current model was the air springs and that comfy absorbent ride. The E-class has the rear seat package, the 5 series appeals to the driver, whereas the A6 has no USP or wow-factor of its own even though it might come across as a very well rounded product to some family-car buyers.

Excellent post - I read the review as well. The A6 petrol seems to be falling behind the 530i despite being released 2+ years later. As an owner I can say the adaptive dampers on the 530i really work well on rough roads, though massive potholes or huge bumps have to be taken slowly. Really surprising that Audi, who differentiated themselves with the air suspension on all A6 varinats (even the 2.0 TDI) have only provided basic steel springs on the latest A6. The A6 45TFSI is also 0.7 minutes slower on the 0-100 run, at 6.8 seconds versus the 6.1 seconds claimed by the 530i and it makes do with a 7 speed dual clutch auto versus the familiar ZF 8 speed auto on the 530i. However, rear seat space seems to be better than the 5 series (though less than the extended wheelbase E-Class)

Meanwhile, Mecrcedes risks being left behind on the powertrain front in the Petrol executive Sedan segment - which is where the action seems to be happening now. Although they have provided some fantastic engines on the Diesel front, they have only offered the Petrol in the E200 guise. However, they do have the 300 tune of the engine available in India and on offer in the GLC. With only 197 HP, the E200 falls far behind the 530i which gets 252 hp and the A6 with its 245 hp.

Last edited by ajmat : 7th October 2019 at 10:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed