Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 15:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 gets dual airbags, ABS on all variants

Thanks to Prajjwal Jha for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai Grand i10 gets dual airbags, ABS on all variants-grand-i10.jpg

Hyundai is now offering safety features like dual front airbags and ABS with EBD as standard across all variants of the Grand i10.

The Hyundai Grand i10 is available in three variants - Era, Magna and Sportz. Additional features like front fog lamps, rear parking sensors, rear camera and impact sensing auto door unlock are only available on the top-spec Sportz trim.

The Grand i10 comes with petrol and diesel engine options. The 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine produces 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder diesel unit makes 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque @ 1,750-2,250 rpm. Both engines come paired with a 5-speed manual transmission, while a 4-speed automatic is available on the petrol version.

Earlier this year, Hyundai had updated the features list on the Xcent. The compact sedan also gets ABS with EBD as standard on all variants.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2018 at 06:42.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 15:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 gets dual airbags, ABS on all variants

Glad to see this move happening in the mainstream manufacturers. Now if only we could have modern automatic options in the sub ten lakh price band. Yeah I'm looking at you Mr. AMT! And don't you duck under the desk Mr. 4 speed torque converter!
Right now it's either super boring CVTs or 'when is my warranty expiring' DSGs
Lone Ranger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 15:59   #3
BANNED

I very well understood the move to make ABS standard, but how is making airbag standard in a car which was found to be having unstable structure during a crash test make a difference. If it actually makes a difference in the market, then I think our market is still not mature enough to understand about 'car safety'.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 16:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I very well understood the move to make ABS standard, but how is making airbag standard in a car which was found to be having unstable structure during a crash test make a difference.
People hardly see beyond the star ratings. Hardly anyone reads through the report. Case of point: Zest, it got 4 stars with airbags. But body structure is rated unstable for further loadings.

No airbags = zero stars. Once the driver's head hits the steering wheel, its game over!

Last edited by narayans80 : 1st October 2018 at 16:22.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 22:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The Hyundai Grand i10 is available in three variants - Era, Magna and Sportz. Additional features like front fog lamps, rear parking sensors, rear camera and impact sensing auto door unlock are only available on the top-spec Sportz trim.
I believe the top end trim on sale is Asta. On the automatic, top end trim is Sportz.
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I very well understood the move to make ABS standard, but how is making airbag standard in a car which was found to be having unstable structure during a crash test make a difference. If it actually makes a difference in the market, then I think our market is still not mature enough to understand about 'car safety'.

Was the Grand i10 found to have unstable structure in a NCAP crash test? Hearing this for the first time actually!
Old 2nd October 2018, 10:49   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Was the Grand i10 found to have unstable structure in a NCAP crash test? Hearing this for the first time actually!
Here it goes, https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...sh-test/23088/

From team-bhp : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...rash-test.html (India-made Hyundai Grand i10 fails Latin NCAP crash test)

Last edited by pavi : 2nd October 2018 at 10:51.
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:01   #8
BHPian

No doubt that this is a good move from Hyundai.

But I wonder why they are doing this at the point when the car is about to be replaced by next generation soon. Does this mean that Hyundai is planning on continuing this model even after launching the next generation? Just like they did with the i10?

Anyways, good for customers who buy the car now.
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:06   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good move by Hyundai. Guess with a nod from the Govt, we are no longer treated as third world customers who need the keyless entry and auto headlamps/wipers but not safety features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks