Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 19:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors working on Nexon Petrol Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatopoco View Post
Really sorry to rain on this parade, but there are no plans for TC automatic gearbox for Nexon diesel as of now. Not even in the Kick-off stage.
For petrol engines, the development of DCT started sometime in August. You may expect the release by 2022-Q4.
It might make commercial sense not to invest in a new transmission for a diesel engine, when things are moving fast towards electric & ICE engines as a whole seem to be going towards sunset within this decade, at least for general purpose passenger cars. Then with lower sales of the diesel cars, it further makes a strong case not to invest anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatopoco View Post
Source: Uncle works in TML.
However regarding this - trust me. I have my relatives and friends in the industry (this and others) as well as armed forces and defense R&D. The level of secrecy and the way these guys adhere to it - is remarkably identical. Hardly anyone lets anything slip - smallest of things for that matter. Unless maybe one is on the way out to a better opportunity to a different manufacturer or a VRS . So treat their YES or NO at the same value. I have a lot of respect for these people as well for managing this kind of restraint. If it were me, I'd go blabbering about letting the cats out all over the place!
Reinhard is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks