Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2018, 21:23   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: September 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Electric four-wheeler sales are down year-on-year by 40 percent!

Mahindra Electric seems to be the only OEM in India which has considerable number of electric vehicles in its portfolio and has been serious about this segment.

Here are its sales figures:

September 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-53.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th October 2018 at 21:24.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 07:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Honda Jazz has sold just a shade over 1K units! Not sure what is stopping Honda from introducing Diesel CVT variant! just this one variant alone can multiply the sales numbers. Many shy away from Amaze for few cost cutting reason(might be why sales is decreasing), Jazz would be just perfect !

Honda does not want Jazz to succeed. It looks like that. For reference, the base level i20 and Baleno start from 6.5 Lakhs on road. The cheapest Jazz is well over 8.5 Lakhs! So my assumption is that competition has almost 2 or 3 variants below the Jazz and why would then customers pick up the Jazz?
Old 21st October 2018, 08:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: September 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Honda does not want Jazz to succeed. It looks like that.
Seems the same to me.
For the petrol models - With the mid life refresh (not a full fledged facelift IMO), they have pulled out the E, S & SV variants , so it is clear they do not want customers from the value end of the chain where customers want a bigger car but not all the bells n whistles.
That would have been fine if they would have gone all out with loading the available 2 trims to the gill with gizmos with an intention to play in the premium end of the chain, but they have not done that either, and there's clearly a space for a fully loaded ZX/RS trim to be introduced on top of the VX.
For the diesel - they have avoided the CVT out of fear that they might cannibalize the upper trims of Amaze Diesel and lower trims of City Diesel. That's the best I can think of.
So Honda is neither here nor there with the Jazz, and the sales charts reflect the same.
Pity how Honda is treating it's only mass market world class car on sale in India.

Last edited by blackasta : 21st October 2018 at 08:58.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks