Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2007, 20:17   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Read in Mumbai Mirror yesterday that CEO of Suzuki Japan will be coming to India for the opening of Maruti's diesel engine plant and that he will also launch the Swift D towards the end of February.

If the launch is going to be end of February then by that time Renault Logan's Diesel will have gathered significant market attention and probably bookings as well as they are already coming out with Full page ads, while Maruti is completely silent. Moreover Renault is an entry level C segment car at roughly 4.5 lacs as well. Maruti has to launch it preferably before Renault to capture more bookings. It's time Maruti gets really aggressive and serious to fight tough competition in 2007.

Last edited by Tech : 14th January 2007 at 20:21.
Old 14th January 2007, 21:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
If the launch is going to be end of February then by that time Renault Logan's Diesel will have gathered significant market attention and probably bookings as well as they are already coming out with Full page ads, while Maruti is completely silent. Moreover Renault is an entry level C segment car at roughly 4.5 lacs as well. Maruti has to launch it preferably before Renault to capture more bookings. It's time Maruti gets really aggressive and serious to fight tough competition in 2007.
I agree with you a bit but Maruti is Maruti and Logan is new kid on the block and not many people know about Renault's Logan and but Logan's biggest advantage over Swift can be its price and it being sedan compared to hatch. (small hatch i would say).
Old 14th January 2007, 22:33   #93
BHPian

I also agree with abhibh as maruti's brand is more reliable and trustworthy even when the fact remains the same that both Mahindra and Suzuki are offerring almost the same price range, or may be Swift D for that matter on a bit higher side. I would trust the Brand Suzuki. But yes one thing is going to make a difference which can actually be compelling for most of the buyers that Logan is a sedan and Swift is a hatchback. The same fact won over me when an year back I chose an Esteem and not Swift.
Old 15th January 2007, 22:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I agree with you a bit but Maruti is Maruti and Logan is new kid on the block and not many people know about Renault's Logan and but Logan's biggest advantage over Swift can be its price and it being sedan compared to hatch. (small hatch i would say).
Logan can eat the Swift Diesel for lunch and dinner. Its more spacious(you can almost put two Swifts inside a Logan ), power is slightly lesser (only slightly), has a carnivorous boot (which is non-existent in Swift), is as fuel efficient if not better, most importantly is a proper Sedan, which means its a higher status symbol for the owner compared to owing a hatch (typical indian buyer mentality).
The only grouse is its not so exciting exterior and the fact that Mahindra presence/A.S.S. not as good as Maruti specially in Urban areas.
Old 15th January 2007, 22:10   #95
BHPian

yes dear its a direct injection like the crdi, the tech know how sourced from nissan
Old 16th January 2007, 11:17   #96
BHPian

Got a call from Vitesse

Got a call from Vitesse. (Earlier enquired about SWIFT/ZXI. These people do good follow up!). Enquired about Diesel. The girl said that launch will be by end Jan (and not Feb). She will send me invitation for launch in Mumbai. Launch in Mumbai to follow launch in Delhi
Old 16th January 2007, 12:40   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
If the launch is going to be end of February then by that time Renault Logan's Diesel will have gathered significant market attention and probably bookings as well as they are already coming out with Full page ads,
The Mahindra Renault website clearly says (somewhere in the FAQ section) that you cannot book a car without taking a test drive. And again, they keep carping about an early 2nd quarter launch -- so that would be April.
Old 16th January 2007, 13:14   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
The Mahindra Renault website clearly says (somewhere in the FAQ section) that you cannot book a car without taking a test drive. And again, they keep carping about an early 2nd quarter launch -- so that would be April.

I was talking to a Mahindra guy yesterday and according to him the production has already started. I guess they are just waiting for the budget or the swift diesel or the Indigo LWB to open their cards and then kill them.
Old 16th January 2007, 13:29   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamkabir View Post
yes dear its a direct injection like the crdi, the tech know how sourced from nissan
Nissan???

Its a fiat 1.3 JTD engine...
Old 18th January 2007, 16:16   #100
BHPian

I don't remmember where I read it ( online epaper ) that its being launched next week. Will post the link..
Old 18th January 2007, 16:24   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I don't remmember where I read it ( online epaper ) that its being launched next week. Will post the link..

Its there in todays newspaper that Swift Diesel will be launched next week.
Old 18th January 2007, 16:39   #102
BHPian

[SIZE=-1]Suzuki Swift diesel [/SIZE]will launch on 24 January 07 - source from CNBCTV18
According to Maruti Udyog MD Jagdish Khattar - clarified the Fiat 1.3 litre diesel engines -to be used on the Swift — will be different from the multi-jet, 1.3 litre engine as Fiat and Fiat-Tata Motors vehicles.
Old 18th January 2007, 19:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar
According to Maruti Udyog MD Jagdish Khattar - clarified the Fiat 1.3 litre diesel engines -to be used on the Swift — will be different from the multi-jet, 1.3 litre engine as Fiat and Fiat-Tata Motors vehicles.
In most probabilty then it would be the same diesel technology present in today's palio,petra's.
The baleno too may not get the multi jet engines as fiat does not seem too keen to give the technology to others[makes sense though].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th January 2007 at 19:21.
Old 18th January 2007, 19:20   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey icar, this is disappointing, are you saying that Swift is not fitted with the much acclaimed Fiat 1.3 JTD diesel engine but some other diesel engine? Somebody please clarify
Old 18th January 2007, 19:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

The news is correct[no JTD for swift], Jagdish Khattar himself said this at a press conference for ARAI in Pune.

Diesel Swift to come next week

PS: Jagdish Khattar is also president of ARAI apart from his maruti duties.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th January 2007 at 19:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks