Team-BHP - Coming up next : Swift Diesel very soon.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Coming up next : Swift Diesel very soon. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20266-coming-up-next-swift-diesel-very-soon-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 359477)
Yes, its FIAT. DDIs is from fiat only....GTO, could please confirm if i am right...?

The engine is the Fiat 1.3 JTD...

Badged by suzuki as the 1.3 DDiS...

However, the engines are not imported... But are built by maruti in their new plant...

The Swift Diesel is all set to change passenger market car dynamics. It is also a strategic shift for Maruti Udyog. The setting was straight out of a pirate movie. We were on the deck of a Spanish-style sailboat that was parting the unnaturally calm waters in a lake equidistant from Mumbai and Pune. With a cigar’s glow lighting up his face, Jagdish Khattar said, “We are not going to extinguish the competition.” Another calculated puff later, the managing director of Maruti Udyog Ltd (MUL) added, “Instead, the competition is going to make us look good.” We were talking diesel cars here and the occasion was an evening function to celebrate a well-planned test drive for the motoring journalist fraternity. MUL is not used to providing extravagant test drives for auto scribes. Actually, it started doing this only two years ago with the Suzuki Swift. On that occasion, and for subsequent launches, the manufacturer called journalists to a small resort near its Gurgaon plant and let them loose in an industrial area for a couple of hours. Close to 100,000 Swifts later, MUL bigwigs travelled to Mumbai with a full army of R&D whizkids to unleash, arguably, the most important car for year 2007 — the Swift Diesel. And the fact that the test drive route almost nudged Tata Motors, stationed at Pimpri hardly 50 km from where we were, said a lot in ....

Source : Business Standard Ltd.

Read in todays Deccan Herald (BLR edition) that the swift Diesel will be launched on 24th Jan.

TV channel also was saying launch on Wednesday 24th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 360349)
TV channel also was saying launch on Wednesday 24th

Thats 2moro... :Cheering:

Guys,

I believe the major thrust of all vehicles in India is more on Diesel. Previously, we used to purchase a Diesel car mostly when the km clocked in a year exceeded 18k or so. Another reason was the perceived higher maintenance costs (I have a petrol, hence writing perceived)

With the new generation of diesels coming, are we looking at a change in diesel buying strategy. Will the new stream of diesel engines result in lowered maintenance costs viz a viz the older generation and say people clocking 12k km in a year can go for it?

Swift Diesel being launched today @ 11:00am, Pragati Maidan, Gate no. 1, Hall 12.

Read somewhere that diesel will cost less due to cut in excise duty of Rs 1. So, diesel car owners will rejoice..

Sometimes, I'm inclined to think that, govt is making policies that are helping the maruti in a big way, like reducing the 8% excise duty reduction of small car (length limited to 3800 mm from 4000 mm). They should have level-playing field for every type of cars.

Any way, in my view, 2007 will be Maruti's year.

Hey,
swift with a diesel engine ......I dont like it...some how the concept that smooth piece of machine going loud does not fit my mind.....I am waiting for swift to come out with a baleno engine.....thats what i have heard....is it true any way.....?

Feb month's ACI has a review on Swift Diesel. In a nutshell,
1. There is a bit of turbo lag b'ween 1200 and 1500 rpm range.
2. There is a huge thrust after 2k rpm with turbo into play.
3. Swift does a 0-100 in 13.87 sec.
4. The in-gear acceleration (20-40 in 3 gear and 40-100 in 4th gear) is better than Verna CRDI.
5. Swift diesel is not as refined as Fiesta diesel.

Is it launched?? Any live webcast or some video???

its here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...4-68-lakh.html

Maruti website has come up with New screens and an Option to check out New Diesel Swift.It mentions about the engine technology blah blah blah...... but no tab to check out the prices or specs for features of any models.Might be under sonstruction still.....