Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2007, 13:22   #1
BHPian

Coming up next : Swift Diesel very soon.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share a news with you all. I recieved call today from CHITTOSHO MOTOR, Mohali that swift diesel will be available on display on wednesday. Swift will probably be launched on Tuesday. If I am not wrong, Maruti usually launches thier vehicles on tuesdays. The bookings will start from wednesday itself. Anyother info has not been provided but price is expected to be around 50k to 60k up from thier respective petrol versions.

Last edited by navdeep : 7th January 2007 at 13:23.
Old 7th January 2007, 13:49   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share a news with you all. I recieved call today from CHITTOSHO MOTOR, Mohali that swift diesel will be available on display on wednesday. Swift will probably be launched on Tuesday. If I am not wrong, Maruti usually launches thier vehicles on tuesdays. The bookings will start from wednesday itself. Anyother info has not been provided but price is expected to be around 50k to 60k up from thier respective petrol versions.

Well, diesel maruti's have not been successfull till now. We'll have to wait and watch how well the diesel swift will do. If you visit the showroom do post the pics and prices.
Old 7th January 2007, 13:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nah.. Petrol is their bread and butter if they price diesel at 60k more than most people will opt for diesel. But lets see how it comes. I hope swift diesel lives up to the hype it has created...
Old 7th January 2007, 14:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Tuesday launch? That soon? and so low key? I thought MUL would launch their hottest selling car with a state of the art diesel powerplant with more fanfare.
Old 7th January 2007, 14:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody knows if this is going to be Direct Injection diesel plant? ala CRDI?
Old 7th January 2007, 15:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

It will be common rail unit and its a Direct Injection known as DDiS.. CRDi, CRDe, DICOR, TDCi, CDI, DCi, CTDi, CDTi are all same just various names given by companies.

More info on these common rail units by various companies Common rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by abhibh : 7th January 2007 at 15:21.
Old 7th January 2007, 15:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Wow ! Thats some news . Gotta head to Maruti Showroom , tomorrow I guess to know mroe details.
Old 7th January 2007, 15:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

wow!

This is great news!!!
Old 7th January 2007, 15:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's a JTD unit bought from Fiat so yes it is another version of the Common rail diesels.
Old 7th January 2007, 16:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
eXpect the uneXpected
This really is unexpected. I remember someone in ancillaries division talking of May-June launch date.

The JTD is mouth-watering. Now, there would be two swifts; diesel one for economizers with lil bit less power and petrol for the enthusiast.
IMO the petrol ZXI will suffer a bit. With 50-60k more than petrol versions, the masses will likely prefer a diesel VXI than similar priced ZXI.
Old 7th January 2007, 18:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
This really is unexpected. I remember someone in ancillaries division talking of May-June launch date.

The JTD is mouth-watering. Now, there would be two swifts; diesel one for economizers with lil bit less power and petrol for the enthusiast.
IMO the petrol ZXI will suffer a bit. With 50-60k more than petrol versions, the masses will likely prefer a diesel VXI than similar priced ZXI.
I am not sure about the prices because thats the guy's estimates. Lets see how they price it. If they price it near to Logan then it will be a show to watch. Indians going to accept one either logan sedan or swift hatchback. With new Indigo being launched, this section is getting hotter. Lets see who wins the race.

Consumer is going to be the winner
Old 7th January 2007, 18:54   #12
BHPian

o hey!!!
Diesel Swift....!!
got to see that man!!
I am a lover of Diesel... Its actually so cheap that I can take rounds of delhi almost 6 times in 500 bucks boss...
Can there be any problems with Diesel Swift apart from the power ??
Old 7th January 2007, 20:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

maybe its a soft launch for Punjab only.
Old 7th January 2007, 20:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its a Mutlijet diesel patented as Jet Turbo Diesel or JTD , Its coming in numerous states of tunes and the one we are expecting is the 63 bhp one. Its the same technology thats there in 1.9JTD found in Alfa Romeo and many other Fiats . The same engine that has won numerous awards . Inshort am sure many CRDi fans are going to turn JTD fans
Old 7th January 2007, 20:27   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
It's a JTD unit bought from Fiat so yes it is another version of the Common rail diesels.
JTD is what Fiat calls it...

Suzuki calls it DDiS... The Swift DDiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi View Post
o hey!!!
Diesel Swift....!!
got to see that man!!
I am a lover of Diesel... Its actually so cheap that I can take rounds of delhi almost 6 times in 500 bucks boss...
Can there be any problems with Diesel Swift apart from the power ??
Dont think so...

This is not a new engine... They are bringing in a renowned FIAT engine... Which one the best engine award last year in its category... Its also used in Swifts in europe...

Power is not too bad... 70 bhp puts it in the league of the ford fiesta which has 68 (right guys???)...

But i think, everyone is missing one point... it has 17 kgm of torgue... If i am right, the Ford fiesta has 16... Should make the Swift DDiS really much more drivable...

(Had gone through some reviews some days back: Most reviews say the diesel is surprisingly free revving, with very good fuel economy and driveability)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed