Team-BHP - Maruti takes up Tata’s Rs 1-lakh car challenge, Suzuki Cervo?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti takes up Tata’s Rs 1-lakh car challenge, Suzuki Cervo? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20270-maruti-takes-up-tata-s-rs-1-lakh-car-challenge-suzuki-cervo.html)

Hi Team-Bhpians,

I come across this new suzuki kei car called cervo being introduced
in Japanese market. The news entry at www.autoblog.com is talking
all good about it. Here is the link to suzuki japanese site

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/release/a/a061107.htm

Autoblog news entry is here

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/08/o...bows-in-japan/

I would expect this kei car to make it to India as one of the small car from maruti.

Cheers
Sakthi.

Suzuki takes up Tata’s Rs 1-lakh car challenge

They already have many 660 cc engines... They have it to take advantage of the Japanese tax rules... Why the articles says, that Suzuki is developing engines???

But this is good... They say 50 bhp out of 660cc... Which could be true considering, the Suzuki Cervo, with a 660 cc petrol engine has 54 bhp (without turbo)... Also, the refinement will be much better than a new small deisel engine... If priced at the same level of the Tata car... Tata would have some serious problems...

Also, a geared petrol will offer 'almost' same running cost as an automatic deisel, right???

Tata 1L car is going to have only 30 bhp???

I hope they bring in the Cervo in place of the M800 or alto... (But i donno what price range it would come to!!!)

I don't think it will be a Cervo. Though what Maruti should do is Price M800 at 1 lac Alto at M800 Prices and Cervo replaces alto :D

1. This for 1.25 lac ?hmmm...impossible ! Everything looks so complex (check the body lines )and am sure the manufacturing process is not going to be cheap either .
  2. I think pricing 800 to 1lac is the more viable solution , and if there is any more cheaper engine they should replace that with 800 , but even after that 1Lac sounds a bit unrealistic.
  3. A basic Bajaj RE Auto (petrol) one costs close to 1.3 lacs .
  4. I feel this is more of an unplanned or unthought press statement . Something Mr.Fredinand had done with Bugatti.... " a 1000 bhp super car that can exceed 400 Kph " . He sure , did honour his word , but it wasnt easy for him nor the employees nor the company's finance . I hope this is not one such statement . ? or is it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 350079)
This for 1 lac impossible coz everything looks so complex and am sure the manufacturing process is not going to be cheap either . I think pricing 800 is the more viable solution , and if there is any more cheaper engine they should replace that with 800 , but even after that 1Lac sounds a bit unrealistic. Coz a basic Bajaj RE Auto thats too a petrol one costs close to 1.3 lacs .I feel this is more of an unplanned press statement . Something Mr.Fredinand had done with Bugatti, And later on came to realise the depth of the statement he had stated in the press the hard way .

In the article, its pretty clearly mentioned that the PRICE WONT BE LESS THAN 1.25L...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 350084)
In the article, its pretty clearly mentioned that the PRICE WONT BE LESS THAN 1.25L...

Wow ! thats a fast reply any way I have edited my post . And I agree Its my mistake , still the essence stays true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 350084)

That is what the Suzuki Boss or Spokesman says. Not Tata.

The question to the 1 L Car is " Is the cost going to be 1 L to produce each car" That would still in essence be a 1Lac car but on road it will be 1.3-1.45 (Or possibly More) . And that too for a stripped out basic car. With amenties like HVAC the car could hit even 2Lac

That is probably why suzuki is confident of matching the price. Also is there a predecessor to the Curevo (Which is not sold in India) . Then they could ship the dies to india for basically ferry cost and start making cars cheap. They would have already amortised the cost of the Dies making it literally worth only the price of shipping.

Now i have heard earlier that some components of the namely gear box components of all Maruti's are imported . Is it still true? Also can Maruti convert their 800 cc plant to make the 660 cc engines?

Interesting to note that the Tata car is purported to have an autogear. And rearwheel drive. That'd be a first for India this side of the Mercs and other exclusives ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 350091)
That is what the Suzuki Boss or Spokesman says. Not Tata.

I am talking of Suzuki only... :)

I was responding to maxbhp... He was talking of suzuki Cervo...

The old Zen was actually the Suzuki Cervo mode. So its logical that if this Cervo makes it here it will be above the M800 category. The current Alto in anycase in the later generation Suzuki SS80/Alto hence its more logical to be taking the position where the M800 had been for all these years. M800 then could either be phased out or be the 1 lakh car competitor. But I doubt if Maruti will ever actually price it anything below 1.5 lakhs. Because they know that the common man pshyche would still choose a proven workhorse at a little bit of a premium over a Tata product.

Hey, I like the Cervo. Why wait for the TATA?? Can't they launch it any sooner?

Suzuki will most probably launch a new (cheaper) version of 800 and will match the TATA 1 lakh car.
The new engines are being developed to replace the current F series engines doing duty in Maruti cars now.

Suzuki is planning to replace the long lasting master kid "Maruti 800" with the Japanese Suzuki Cervo which is the latest small car recently launched in Japan, the Cervo is a compact five door mini, that looks to put the other kids on the block into the shade.

This sleek cute car offers 54bhp 660cc engine that boasts to offer peppy performance with great fuel economy.

Check out the Link...

Vrooom Vrooom...: Maruti Suzuki is to replace 800 by Suzuki Cervo