Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 19:23   #226
BHPian

Re: 120 Hyundai Kona Electric SUVs booked in just 10 days

Bingo!!! Great news. Hyundai had delivered just 25 EV's to dealership. The conversion factor is really good. I believe the people who booked might have been surprised by the performance of electric platform. Even I was thrilled when I drove my friends Fiat 500 electric, small package with electrifying go-kart feeling
rahulskumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 19:33   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to Hyundai, 120 Kona Electric SUVs have been booked in just 10 days since launch.

The Kona Electric is Hyundai's first all-electric vehicle for the Indian market. It is priced at Rs. 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
I'm sure Hyundai is not looking at big numbers for the Kona. In fact, it would be very surprising to see triple digits for any month in the next couple of years!

But then, what they've done is made a really big statement by launching it for the Indian market!

Pity that the likes of VW and Honda hesitate to bring models that are running successfully since years in international markets.
pannags is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:34   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I'm sure Hyundai is not looking at big numbers for the Kona.
Target is only 300 units this year and 500 units for the next year (Source). So Hyundai would probably be very happy with this customer response.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th July 2019 at 20:36.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 22:09   #229
BHPian

Drove Kona and found it quite well endowed engine power wise but space is less in supply. In fact the experiance was more i20 Active than Creta. For almost 22lac (25-3lac) I would have been in line but lack of infrastructure and the lack of space makes me look at the compass or seltos instead.
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 13:09   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hyundai Kona electric SUV, now launched @ 25.3 lakhs

Hyundai Kona Electric amasses 120 bookings since launch!

Quote:
After launching the Kona Electric SUV in the Indian market on July 9, 2019, Hyundai has now announced that its maiden electric vehicle (EV) for the country has received ‘120 confirmed customer bookings’ in just 10 days. Factor in the 10,000 test drives requests that Hyundai dealerships are reported to have received during the same period, and this comes off as an impressive feat for the latest Hyundai, which commands a price of Rs 25.30 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India).
Source:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-413532
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 13:51   #231
Team-BHP Support

ICICI Bank has come out with a Kona specific car loan offer:

The Hyundai Kona electric SUV, now launched @ 25.3 lakhs-kona.jpg

The EMI works out to be Rs. 40,000 per month on a zero-downpayment 7 year Rs. 25 Lakh loan @ 9.25% pa.
SmartCat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 18:13   #232
BHPian

Surprising response! I guess most people with individual houses won't have a problem with charging. Makes a lot of sense.
Old 20th July 2019, 20:13   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slango97 View Post
Surprising response! I guess most people with individual houses won't have a problem with charging. Makes a lot of sense.
Apartments and malls also are providing for electrical point to charge these, so charging is not of a concern now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Drove Kona and found it quite well endowed engine power wise but space is less in supply. In fact the experiance was more i20 Active than Creta. For almost 22lac (25-3lac) I would have been in line but lack of infrastructure and the lack of space makes me look at the compass or seltos instead.
Whats the Onroad price with road tax...

Last edited by dadu : 20th July 2019 at 20:15.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 20:20   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, the car has excited me.

However, the support infrastructure will have to be looked at. Insurance costs, registration, maintenance will all have to be considered. Also BS-x will have to be given a go by. I do not think even the 'green' plates have yet been enacted. Why not allow it to be registered today without the BS-x hullabaloo. Also, what about adding a 'noisemaker' to the car. This has been talked of.
BS norms apply to conventional engines only, since its only for emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Once the 5% GST comes in expect a drop of about 1.5L in the price. Also, let us see what is the registration/road tax. Insurers will also have to recalibrate. I expect a downwards revision here also.
When is that (5%) going to take effect ?
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 20:23   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Apartments and malls also are providing for electrical point to charge these, so charging is not of a concern now.

I was not aware of apartments providing fast charging points! Thanks for the info!
Some green-rated offices and industries also have charging points.
It just keeps making more and more sense!

Whats the Onroad price with road tax...
On-road price is quoted as 25.5 lakhs in Chennai by Zigwheels http://https://www.zigwheels.com/new...ennai?is_amp=1
Low GST kicking in?
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:23   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
ICICI Bank has come out with a Kona specific car loan offer:

Attachment 1896481

The EMI works out to be Rs. 40,000 per month on a zero-downpayment 7 year Rs. 25 Lakh loan @ 9.25% pa.
This seems similar to my current car loan from SBI. Cosmos bank is offering 8.25% for 3 years and 8.75% for 5 years - for any car. And that income tax benefit on EV loan interest - assuming the owner/tax payer has to claim it during ITR, I don't understand what this "special" offer is from ICICI!

Just walk into Cosmos Bank/SBI, and ask for EV loan for Kona, wouldn't that be better?
anandpadhye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:34   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Unfortunately Hyundai has removed all advanced features present in its international variants. There is no adaptive cruise control, no front collision avoidance /assist, no pedestrian detection, no lane keep assist and no rear cross traffic detection. All these are present in EU versions. In addition, the head unit has a small 7 inch display. There is no memory for seats or mirrors.
Agreed that they skipped many features , but features like Adaptive cruise control, Front collision avoidance /assist, Pedestrian detection, Lane keep assist and Rear cross traffic detection etc wont be very useful / some will not work properly in India given our road manners and infrastructure.

I have seen a review where all the safety assists in a Volvo car causing 'headache' for the driver with constant chimes & buzzes while driving in city.
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:54   #238
BHPian

Pointless, imo. If one needs to take a 7 year loan on a vehicle, maybe that vehicle is not for him/her. And those who can afford a Kona will simply not need a loan.
superbad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:55   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Agreed that they skipped many features , but features like Adaptive cruise control, Front collision avoidance /assist, Pedestrian detection, Lane keep assist and Rear cross traffic detection etc wont be very useful / some will not work properly in India given our road manners and infrastructure.

I have seen a review where all the safety assists in a Volvo car causing 'headache' for the driver with constant chimes & buzzes while driving in city.
There is an option to turn off these features if they bother someone. Adaptive cruise control will be super useful on major highways. I use cruise control all the time and adaptive cruise would avoid me having to adjust it manually. Collision avoidance is even more important. If the vehicle in front of you stops or slows and you are distracted, it will help avoid or at least lessen the impact. Look at how many people are killed when they drive in to parked vehicles. Lane assist is useful too if you are a safe driver who keeps to his / her lane. There can be a time when you lose concentration or even doze off and it can warn you and even correct your course depending on the model. If it does this even once in 5 years and saves you from a crash, it is worth it. Rear cross traffic is super useful when pulling out of a parking spot. Arguments against these safety features are the same ones we heard against airbags. Just recently even sales people used to claim they were not needed in India.

In any case I am paying the same price. I should get all the features offered elsewhere. I am not buying a new car in India until all these features are offered regardless of how good the car is otherwise.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:13   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Pointless, imo. If one needs to take a 7 year loan on a vehicle, maybe that vehicle is not for him/her. And those who can afford a Kona will simply not need a loan.

Could you explain the math behind this?

I was under the impression that being able to claim the depreciation in taxes, I thought it would be better to have a longer loan than a shorter one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed