Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 23:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota launches interactive Test Drive App at dealerships

Toyota has launched an interactive Test Drive App, which aims to standardize the test drive process across all dealerships in India. During a test drive, the app provides information about the vehicle to customers.

Toyota launches interactive Test Drive App at dealerships-opening-not-connected-ipad.png

The Test Drive App is connected to the vehicle through an On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) device. It connects to the car's infotainment system via Bluetooth to play audio information. The app is currently offered in English and Hindi but can be configured for regional languages as well. The iOS-based app is designed for iPads. Once the engine is started, the app triggers features and voice-over explanations depending on the customer's driving response.

Toyota launches interactive Test Drive App at dealerships-opening-empty-ipad.png

According to Toyota, customers have given a positive feedback for the Test Drive App during the pilot phase. The app is available at select dealerships in Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. Toyota plans to extend this service to more cities.

Toyota launches interactive Test Drive App at dealerships-engine-power-ipad.png

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota launches interactive Test Drive App at dealerships

Hope there's a way to turn this off. When I test drive a car, I want hear the noises to figure out the gaps in NVH. This might be okay in a vehicle in a showroom, but I strongly oppose using it in a TD vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks