Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 15:53   #211
BHPian

Re: Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?

If I remember right Tata deleted a host of features from Nexon.
Driver side request sensor, 12v charging at back, auto locking, rear fog lamps, reverse parking assist control and also they don’t have dedicated mute button on the steering wheel
Also they hiked the prices by about 60k since launch and deleted all the features.

May that’s why they did not load the harrier too much to avoid the pain of deleting later
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 16:57   #212
BHPian

I think this is a practical move from Tata. 19-inch wheels were prone to damage, at least in theory and moving to 17-inch will be a good option. Also, replacement cost for 19-inch wheels is substantially high and options are limited.
On the other hand, those wheels made Hexa look great. I am sure many people drool over those wheels. But anyways, we know that Tata is doing this to save costs and increase margins. Tata has slowly killed Hexa in the process. Hexa was easily doing ~800 units a month and now it is struggling to touch 300.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 22:15   #213
Senior - BHPian

Curios- Is this based on customer feedback or a cost-cutting exercise?
Old 5th June 2019, 22:44   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Hexa XTA to lose 19" rims

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Attachment 1882004

Actually this is one (deletion) change I will be happy to see. I often use cars on country roads, though most colleagues( Who jointly take contracts with me ) have the spartan but sensible Innova, There are 2 Storms, Two Fortuners, 3 Hexa's a lone Rexton, and my lone Terrano.
On single country roads it is often necessary to get the LH wheels on to the road shoulder at speeds.
In such situations, the Hexa XE, the Rexton and the Fortuner are very good, and pulling back on the road at speeds is easy. The Terrano a fraction behind them, but Hexa XTA and Innova hit the inner edge of the rims. The fractionally lesser tire sidewall height is the issue.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 23:51   #215
BHPian

17” makes sense for our roads too.
It leaves me thinking, losing 19” is a good news or a bad news?
Old 6th June 2019, 11:11   #216
BHPian

With just 250-300 units getting sold each month, I really doubt how much are they going to save by this cost cutting. You need volumes to make a difference.

Unless they reduce the price by this cost cutting to push the current miserable sales figures, why even bother.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 6th June 2019 at 11:18.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 15:56   #217
Senior - BHPian

Doubt if Tata will continue to manufacture the Hexa post August 2019. Wonder if it clears the upcoming crash test norms already? Not a single test mule of an "updated" Hexa has been spotted so far. The only Tata vehicles that are being currently seen on tests are the Tiago and Tigor (for crash test update) and the newer models like the Harrier BS6, AT, Buzzard and Altroz.
Old 8th June 2019, 15:04   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
With the features list being modified so frequently by Tata and Ford, it is really difficult to keep track of the actual features you will get with the Car. The 19-inch Diamond Cut wheels look really sinister. However the 17-inch ones will improve ride quality and will be lesser prone to cuts/damage.
An XTA owner here.
The 19 inch wheels get a lot of flak on this forum due to preconceived notions that members seem to have for larger wheels. While it is true that lower profile tyres will be less comfortable than higher profile tyres, but it is also true that it all depends on how the vehicle is tuned to perform on the tyres it comes with.

In case of the Hexa, it is EXTREMELY comfortable even on the 19-inch wheels and I've never faced any problems with cuts.

I love the way my car looks and those wheels are a huge part of it, even after 1.5 years of ownership i still turn around to look at her after i park her. This has never happened with any other car of mine. It's just pretty. A shame then that newer owners will never get that feeling because those 17 inch wheels just don't have that X-factor in them.

Last edited by jalsa777 : 8th June 2019 at 15:04. Reason: Spelling mistake
jalsa777 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 08:37   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
A shame then that newer owners will never get that feeling because those 17 inch wheels just don't have that X-factor in them.
On the flip side, XTA owners like me are feeling sad - that Tata till now never felt that R19 should be a choice left to customers. I would've loved to pay around 60-70k lesser for R16/R17 wheels - it gives me money to change to the alloys of my liking and abundant tyre brand options to choose from (either when tyre change is due or if I wish to switch to better ones well ahead). This is a welcome change. To the new owners who are sad that R19 is gone, message me directly - will give you R19s which are as good as new.
vinodvayyat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 10:36   #220
BHPian

Not sure if this was already added.

I own Tata Tiago XZ with alloy wheels - April 2018 model. There is no vanity mirror on driver side where as the passenger side has a vanity mirror. The official review here says mirror is present for both.

Reference:
https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/tat...ta-zica-46.jpg
bvasista is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 16:01   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
In case of the Hexa, it is EXTREMELY comfortable even on the 19-inch wheels and I've never faced any problems with cuts..
I don't own a Hexa but one of my very close friend does. I also love the way the 19 inch Wheels look. They enhance the looks and the stance of the Hexa multi-fold. My friend also hasn't had any problems with the tyres as his use is mostly on the highways. It is a proper long distance vehicle.
adi.mariner is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 07:39   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
If I remember right Tata deleted a host of features from Nexon.
Driver side request sensor, 12v charging at back, auto locking, rear fog lamps, reverse parking assist control and also they don’t have dedicated mute button on the steering wheel
Can anyone confirm this? Was auto door locking deleted? I don't think that was deleted.
Old 15th June 2019, 12:01   #223
BHPian

Yes I checked this with Concorde. Newer batches of Nexon has them removed. M Nexon does not have this as well
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 13:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Can anyone confirm this? Was auto door locking deleted? I don't think that was deleted.
I heard somewhere that Tata deleted Auto door locking feature to fit in global NCAP crash test norms to achieve 5 star safety rating.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2019 at 12:59. Reason: typo
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 13:01   #225
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I heard somewhere that Tata deleted Auto door locking feature to fit in global NCAP crash test norms to achieve 5 star safety rating.
That is absolute rubbish. One of the safest cars in the world - the S-Class - has auto-door locking, as do almost all the luxury European cars which ace the NCAP crash test.

Crash safety has nothing to do with auto-locking doors. However, auto-unlocking doors (doors unlocking in a crash) are a noteworthy add-on.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks