Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 17:55   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

Thanks to Nasim Khan for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I received this variant wise feature details from one of the sales rep in Kolkata. Just wanted to share this with fellow BHPians and other automotive enthusiasts.
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-aura-variants.jpeg
Old 22nd January 2020, 19:58   #197
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

Hyundai's variant distribution always leaves me scratching my head, mainly due to the fact that I appreciate symmetry when it comes to variant and features distribution.

Cruise control is available only in the SX(O) petrol and not the diesel.

The SX+ is missing only the leather wrapped steering and leather wrapped gearknob when compared to the SX(O). The SX+ is also missing the cruise control along with the SX(O) diesel. Why did they have to make a new variant called SX+ just in order to save on leather wrapped stuff. Agreed that the turbo gets black grill and dual tone interiors but why can't they just give the same under the SX(O) nomenclature.

Alternately, they can have something like an 'S' variant for the top-end turbo and not cheap out on leather wrapped steering and leather wrapped gear knob.

With that being said, my rant is gonna stay a rant and Hyundai is going to continue with their weird feature distribution and weird variant nomenclature.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:54   #198
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

Official TVC -

Old 24th January 2020, 19:16   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

The least interested car of the new lot of cars that have been revealed recently - Hyundai Aura

Anyhow, the media drive has started.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-epbpypnuwaatzof.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-11.png

Source:@Aura
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:23   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The least interested car of the new lot of cars that have been revealed recently - Hyundai Aura
Thanks for providing regular updates regardless. I was interested in the 1.0GTDI one but after Altroz got the 5 stars had to remind myself that absymal 2 star rating of Santro.

Hyundai needs to get its act together and act as a premium brand alternative to Maruti that I think their CEO had made them out to be a few years back.
Old 24th January 2020, 19:40   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Source:@Aura
Atleast not a weird integration of the bumper as an after thought like that of the old Xcent, new one seems better integrated.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 08:59   #202
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to check out the Aura yesterday. I was curious to see how the boot integration looked in real life. It looks slightly better in real life.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-boot-integration.jpg

Fit and finish are typical Hyundai. Extremely good with top class materials. Much better than the Maruti Dzire.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-dashboard.jpg
Dual tone inserts on the dashboard. I am not a great fan of the color chosen.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-dual-drls.jpg
The dual DRLs on the front differentiate it from the Nios. The grill pattern is also different.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-dual-tone-gearbox-cluster.jpg
The dual tone extends to the plastic housing around the gear lever too. This color would look a bit odd in a car with blue body for instance. Wireless charging is provided. Well accessible USB slots too.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-glovebox.jpg
Spacious glove box. However does not have separate cutouts for better organisation like the Altroz. I really like the Altroz's glovebox. I like the AC vents on the sides. First saw this on the Santro. They look really cool.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-infotainment-screen.jpg
Not sure I am a fan of the stand up integration of screens but looks well sized.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-rear-bumper.jpg
The rear cladding is integrated in such a way that it mimics a diffuser and has a noticeable step. I like the way the reflector has been placed in this niche.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-well-shaped-boot.jpg
Boot space is very good and the boot well shaped. No complaints on practicality here.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 27th January 2020 at 09:06.
shibujp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:05   #203
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Aura First Drive Review

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 28th January 2020 at 11:08.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:10   #204
Senior - BHPian

This has been stated on multiple threads featuring the newer batch of Hyundai cars, but worth saying it again. Hyundai has really gone haywire with its designs. The new Creta is an upcoming eyesore, and this one is pretty much there as well. Hyundai was producing some real clean and proportionate designs till a year or two back, unfortunately their design team seems to have really taken a few stumbles. Nothing about the car seems appealing to me - maybe the turbo petrol engine would be a saviour of an otherwise bland and uninteresting launch.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:32   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Nothing about the car seems appealing to me - maybe the turbo petrol engine would be a saviour of an otherwise bland and uninteresting launch.
Hyundai hasn't revealed the weight of the Aura 1.0 TGDi, however, going by the weight of the turbo petrol on the Venue - I'm guessing the Aura should weigh somewhere around 950 kgs - 1000 kgs.

If that's the case - Aura 1.0 TGDi would be having almost similar power to weight ratio as the Tigor JTP, with a higher torque to weight.

If only Hyundai had introduced a proper sports variant, with the steering, gearing, and suspension to match (and a proper safety rating!) - could have forgiven the looks and the CS form factor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
saviour
But that would most likely be the 1.2 EcoTORQ BS6 diesel.

With Maruti, Toyota and TATA giving up on diesels in the segment, and no solid confirmation from the likes of Honda and Ford - Aura BS6 diesel may end up being one of the smallest practical diesel cars around. Hope Hyundai retains the old Xcent for the taxi market!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th January 2020 at 11:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hyundai hasn't revealed the weight of the Aura 1.0 TGDi, however, going by the weight of the turbo petrol on the Venue - I'm guessing the Aura should weigh somewhere around 950 kgs - 1000 kgs.
Actually, more than this engine on the Aura, it would be interesting to see this on the i10 Nios. I believe that is on its way post Auto Show 2020. That might just turn out to be a surprise package with its turbo petrol engine, compact form factor and much more palatable looks. Fingers crossed!
Old 28th January 2020, 12:21   #207
BHPian

Autocar Test drive review

Faisal Khan review

Times Drive review

Dino's review

MotorOctane review

Motoroids review

AutoX review

Gaadiwaadi - Hindi review

Autoportal review

Autoportal - Hindi review

Last edited by JS Kwt : 28th January 2020 at 12:48.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 15:16   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Sorry to say but this is one of the most atrocious design statement from Hyundai. The C pillar is really an eye sore. The front is the saving grace and the interior looks good for its class. Design wise, KUV100 still leads the race, followed by Maruti Espresso and Aura.
Honestly, this alone is a textbook case of how taste is subjective. Like in my books the Aura looks the best of this lot and I personally think that the KUV 100 is a really ugly car. Nothing confrontational here, just that our diametrically opposite tastes seemed like an interesting thing.

Edit - I seriously don't understand why the forum thinks this is an ugly car, in pics it looks decent. Very staid but not offensive.

Last edited by Stribog : 28th January 2020 at 15:23.
Stribog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 06:32   #209
BHPian

In pictures the car does look horrible, but once you see it in the flesh, it looks okay(not bad). Also the S variant seems to be decent vfm for the quality conscious budget buyer.
Old 24th February 2020, 11:56   #210
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There’s nothing quite as therapeutic as taking a brand-new car out for an early morning drive on the expressway. So that’s exactly what I did on the weekend. It's one of those things that I most look forward to. New unfamiliar model, an empty road, good music, yummy breakfast...

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-20200222-10.02.13.jpg

Quick take on the Hyundai Aura 1.0L Turbo-Petrol:

• Looks like an improved Xcent rather than an all-new car. Compare their side profiles and you can see that the 3 pillars & silhouette are exactly the same.

• I hated the rear initially, but after 2 days with the car, it is sort of growing on me. Guess Hyundai needed a “differentiator” to stand out. Still weird though.

• Quality is top class, inside out.

• Doors shut with a nice, premium sound. Hardly see this with budget sedans. Very satisfying.

• Cabin insulation is superb. You shut the door / windows and exterior sounds are significantly reduced.

• Nice interiors. Good looking. Very user-friendly. Perfect ergonomics.

• Decent space for 4 adults. I can sit behind my own laid-back driving position (not the case with many budget cars). However, cabin width is limited. Backseat better for 2 adults than 3.

• Seats are good looking & offer okay support. However, the side bolsters (good lateral support) might restrict comfort for heavy folk. After ~2 hours of driving, I was wishing for superior back support too. The actual backrest area is too t-h-i-n.

• Like most other compact sedans, you have to “sit down” on the seats.

• Don’t know what’s up with Hyundai & bugs. In the demo Venue we had, the Bluetooth mic wasn’t working. In this demo Aura we have, the wireless charging pad isn’t working. Tested with a Samsung S9 as well as the latest iPhone. In both the cases, the charging started, but stopped after 1 – 2 minutes (despite the phones being in the 60 – 80% charged range).

• Sweet looking instrument cluster. Simple + easy to read (has a digital speedometer).

• Air-con is powerful.

• Hyundai hasn’t kept up with the advancement in ICE that we’re seeing in the market, overall. I found the audio sound quality to be quite mediocre. Will give it a 6 / 10 at best. This is after setting up the equalizer and all that. Sound quality is ordinary. Hyundai needs to catch up with some others on this front.

• Nicely kitted. I’m happy to see features such as wireless charging etc. in this segment. Kanad adds that the reversing camera can be kept permanently on while driving (he liked this unique touch, I don’t think too much of it).

• Hyundai’s turbo-petrol is simply fantastic!!! I loved high-revving it on the highway. It’s fast, has a punchy mid-range and good refinement for a triple cylinder. Driveability is decent and does the job as long as the rev counter is 1,000+ rpm (drop lower and you need to downshift). Lag is there, but it's manageable & controlled. Clears the 2nd gear speed breaker test. 2nd gear is so tall that the Aura is a rare budget car that can do ~108 km/h in 2nd itself . This engine should be your top choice if you're looking at an Aura petrol.

• Smooth gearshift & light clutch. Do note that it has a 5-speed, and not 6 like the Venue.

• Slight shake at startup. At idle, it is decent for a triple cylinder, but enthusiasts like us will notice mild vibrations. It’s not like other 4-cylinder Hyundais (e.g. i20) where you can’t even tell if the damn engine is running.

• I feel terrible that this sweet turbo-petrol is available in just a single variant.

• The Aura doesn’t get the Venue’s 1.0 & dual-clutch AT combination. Instead, it has the familiar 1.2L petrol with an AMT.

• Steering is typical Hyundai. Super light at parking speeds, light enough at city speeds & weighs up alright on the highway. Feels quite disconnected at high speed though (no feel). Overall though, this steering is far better than what we’re seeing in the newer Marutis.

• 175 mm tyres are too thin for the turbo-petrol . This flagship engine should have gotten 185 / 195 mm tyres. Understeers very easily. The tyres give up much earlier than the car does. Because of the tyres, we’ll say that the overall handling is a notch below the current crop of compact sedans. Tyre squeal is easy, and it’s nowhere as planted or confidence inspiring as say, the Aspire or Ameo. Even the Dzire with its 185 mm tyres is a better handler. BHPians should most definitely get fatter tyres; it's not a want, but a need.

• Straight-line stability is acceptable. No problems. Didn’t feel nervous at all on an empty expressway early in the morning.

• Super easy to drive in the city.

• Ride quality is a tad firmer than what I expect of Hyundais. It's compliant, but not plush. Bad roads will be felt & large potholes come in strong. Surprisingly, there is a bit more side-to-side swaying on bad roads (don’t generally see this with low sedans). Lower variants with smaller wheels + taller tyre sidewalls might ride better.

• Because of the tighter suspension, the high speed ride quality is better than your typical Hyundai. Rear end doesn’t bounce about excessively.

• Ground clearance was alright. We took it “off road” for our photoshoot, and it didn’t scrape anywhere.

• Brakes work as expected.

• Overall, an all-rounder of a small sedan, but not without its flaws. A typical Hyundai. An improved Xcent.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th February 2020 at 12:16.
GTO is offline   (69) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks