Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 15:11   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

After seeing this car photos, I somehow remember the Radio Murga or something done some years back.
I saw photos for the first time, "Maja nahi Aaya" (Didn't enjoyed the photos)
I saw second time, "Fir bhi Maja nahi Aaya"
Then I saw for the third time, "Is baar bhi Maja nahi Aaya"
Then I showed it to others, "Unko Bhi Maja nahi Aaya". LOL.

Really weird looking rear design, I am sure, this will not be liked by many.
aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:44   #212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Really weird looking rear design, I am sure, this will not be liked by many.
Agree completely. This is the Ritz moment for Hyundai. Otherwise good cars, spoilt and will be spoiled by the rear looks only.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 02:27   #213
BHPian

I personally think that the rear will look better without the blackened our C pillar. It'll look more coherent, right now it just doesn't gel well with the window lines and sits there awkwardly. Wonder why the designers even felt the need to do this on Aura? Just to ape Nios? Anyway, I do like the "rear" look if looked at dead on, at least in the dark with lights on.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 04:14   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
...I do like the "rear" look if looked at dead on, at least in the dark with lights on.

That means u don't want to see the car's rear at all, except the tail lights!

Jokes apart, Aura will have its takers as the diesel Tour S will be out of sale by April.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th February 2020 at 09:19. Reason: Typo
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 09:27   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Hyundai’s turbo-petrol is simply fantastic!!! I loved high-revving it on the highway. It’s fast, has a punchy mid-range and good refinement for a triple cylinder. Driveability is decent and does the job as long as the rev counter is 1,000+ rpm (drop lower and you need to downshift). Lag is there, but it's manageable & controlled. Clears the 2nd gear speed breaker test. 2nd gear is so tall that the Aura is a rare budget car that can do ~108 km/h in 2nd itself . This engine should be your top choice if you're looking at an Aura petrol.
Was waiting to read about this. Not exactly a review on the Aura but the engine. I had driven the higher tune in the Venue and it was quite a lot of fun. Engine was eager and had excellent mid range.

I'm not a fan of the Aura styling so this is a pass but the same engine and tune is available in the Grand i10 Nios and that looks way better. Slap on 195 tyres on a Nios in one of the sportier shades and you have a proper sleeper. 100bhp hot hatch (somewhat) that gives larger hatches like the Swift, Baleno a run for it's money.

It's sad that we lost the JTP Tiago and Tigor. But the solace is this is probably on par in performance with some loss in character.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 09:52   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Nice interiors. Good looking. Very user-friendly. Perfect ergonomics.

I think though the ergonomics are spot on, and the textures et al are fancy & new, the overall build quality of the older xcent/grand i10 personally felt better for me. I test drove both back-to-back. The older ones somehow had a lasting feel to them though they are pretty plain vanilla when compared to the new colours and textures that are available now.
TejasV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 11:10   #217
BHPian

Quote:
2nd gear is so tall that the Aura is a rare budget car that can do ~108 km/h in 2nd itself . This engine should be your top choice if you're looking at an Aura petrol.
This is interesting. So it will hit the 100 kmph mark with just one gear change. What is the 0 to 100 time that we are looking at ? This engine in the Nios would bring some consolation to the otherwise dull hatchback market.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 14:13   #218

Have seen the car in person at two different occasions in Hyundai Showrooms. Trust me, the car doesn't look bad as it looks in pictures. I liked the vintage brown colour the most.
Old 26th February 2020, 16:16   #219
BHPian

One of my friend is looking for a company fitted CNG car in the 7-10 lacs bracket. With Dzire still not available in CNG guise, Aura is one option. He is okay with the weird styling. Any one here having first hand CNG experience with Hyundai?
Old 26th February 2020, 17:31   #220
BHPian

Quote:
There’s nothing quite
Is it just me or is the car looking extra super glossy in this photo? Is there some ceramic coating done on it?
Old 26th February 2020, 18:47   #221
BHPian

I may be one of the few who doesn't mind the look. I did drive an Aura and it is a typical hyundai. Variable steering feedback. Dzire has a superior steering. Brakes are strong, typical Hyundai. But hyundai still has not mastered air con. The one I drove was not heating the car properly and it was only its second day out of the showroom. Hyundai comes from the country of LG and Samsung, how have they failed for last 20 years to build a reliable air con?

Why Hyundai fails at repeat customers, what is it? I have never owned one but have never seen anyone buy their second Hyundai.
Old 26th February 2020, 18:53   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Why Hyundai fails at repeat customers, what is it? I have never owned one but have never seen anyone buy their second Hyundai.
That really depends on the sample data picked. I know a truck load of people who have done the now standard Santro Zip -> i20 / Accent -> Verna/Creta pilgrimage. Many of them in family!
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 19:18   #223
BHPian

Quote:
That's statistically wrong. Hyundai cannot be the 2nd largest seller in the country without repeat customers.

I have personally owned 3 Hyundais. Started with i10 1.2 Kappa in 2009, then bought a Verna 4S in 2015 and then a couple of years later, replaced the first i10 with a Grand i10 AT.

And its not just me; I know atleast a dozen of my friends who have owned more than 1 Hyundai at any point of time. Infact I can think of a few TBHPians from Hyderabad in that clan - even though we collectively equate a Hyundai's handling abilities to a boat ; it has never stopped us from buying one. Santro to i10 to Grand i10 Nios to Verna to Elantra to Tucson, all are part of the TBHP Hyderabad group.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 23:20   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Santro Zip Plus - Hyundai Getz GVS - Hyundai Santro Xing XS - Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - Hyundai i10 1.2 Sportz - Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX - Hyundai Grand i10 1.1 Asta CRDi (Still Own It)

That's 7 Hyundai we have owned since 2001. A lot of my other friends have similar experiences, Hyundai comes just after Maruti Suzuki and trust me on this, there are a lot of customers who doesn't wants to be associated with Maruti Suzuki and prefer Hyundai over them because of the premium factor being regular buyers of the same for rough or say every day use. No offense to anyone on that but well Hyundai is now positioned above Maruti Suzuki from a desirability as well as a Premium point of view and I too believe the same. We do not prefer Maruti Suzuki as it's catering to the lower spectrum as well and with the business stature of our family, we do not want to be seen in one. I don't know if it's a legit mentality and I am way
But there are several consumers like us who do not think before buying a Hyundai simply because we need one for a day to day use as it has all the aspects one mango customer looks for in terms of daily driving usage.
Old 26th February 2020, 23:54   #225
BHPian

Thought the rear looked way too busy for a smallish car!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks