Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 08:21   #91
BHPian

re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

As someone rightly pointed out in the Aura sketch thread,
Hyundai stayed true to his statement "The difference between CTC and take home salary"

After seeing the 2020 Verna and Creta pictures, I was actually not surprised by the look of the new Xcent . Looks like Hyundai's new design philosophy is 'stupidic design 1.0'

And what is with the tail lamp ? It is Indian's right to garnish the tail lamp with chrome linings
Asish_VK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:27   #92
BHPian

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-20191219_17025401.jpeg

Here fixed a lot of that stupid look just on my phone. Hey hyundai guys! Pay me up for making your cars look less ugly!

I understand that light bars are all the rage nowadays. But there's a proper way to do anything. It doesn't make a cheap car suddenly look "luxurious"

These types of contraptions are what results when companies go behind Focus groups and market trends to design a product. They forget good design and come up with horrible looking contraptions like this.
This one requires to go into the Wacky mod jobs thread (from the factory) ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In the looks department no color can save this car!

I think they should release a Camouflage version (the one they use for testing) . That's the only thing that can protect our eyes from this

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2019 at 17:40. Reason: Merging back to back posts
ZenMaster is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:40   #93
BHPian

Come on guys, it is not this bad. These days especially on Team BHP, there is a lot of bashing of newly launched cars. Espresso got nearly 100 dislike posts and then Altroz was made to subject to harsh criticism.

Espresso has gone against the tide and have been selling in good numbers. On road the car looks quite good and stands out from mundane play safe designs.

Before the launch everyone strips open the car as if we design one for a living. Aura looks good to me, unconventional but can be a looker as an entire package. Interiors would feel premium and with good choice of colours, it may well stand apart from the ambassador looking Dzire or flat nosed Amaze or kicked in the butt Ameo.
VWAllstar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 08:51   #94
BHPian

I am not a big fan of the looks. But the turbo petrol engine will be interesting.
Old 20th December 2019, 08:53   #95

The Hyundai designers might have thought like this: "Let us have the front as it is with minor changes from the Nios and let us add a boot so that it stands out from the rest. Oh, by the way, did we check the boot of the Tigor ? Let us do it now.". The idea could be better but the execution went wrong. These are my thoughts after looking at it.
Old 20th December 2019, 10:13   #96
BHPian

What is that "Driver Rear View Monitor" they have mentioned about? Is that just the IVRM with a different name?
Old 20th December 2019, 10:25   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO only a matter of time before this car gets a "PRIME" version & drops the top trim & turbo petrol engine. I'll give it 1.5-2 years max to reach that stage.

The car loses a lot on the looks department & just the interiors might not be able to redeem it. Especially since the competition isn't too bad on the interiors at all. Turbo petrol - well that's a USP at all. One can get the 1.2 Tigor JTP and have a blast instead.

DZire, Tigor, Amaze, Zest, Aspire. That's the competition. Its a segment where very good products like the Aspire & Tigor have failed to make a mark. With these looks, the Aura really has its work cut out.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

I think it will sell better than the last gen, for it's marginally wider and interiors are even more spacious than it looks (on basis of current gen i10 Nios), second it will continue to have diesel, third it's got a warm variant, & fourth it's a Hyundai.

There have been ugly & disproportionate cars in the past that have sold well, so there's always market for anything & everything.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Typos
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th December 2019, 10:55   #99
BHPian

I, for a change think that car is not that bad looking. It is better than the outgoing Xcent and it will sell well. Looks very proportionate from the side profile. Front is anyway replica of Nios. Rear may have divided opinions but certainly better than previous gen for sure.

Also it may look better in real world than pictures. And commo'n if Espresso can sell well, then it can be the car of decade purely from looks perspective.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 11:22   #100
BHPian

So Espresso is selling well so people commenting on the looks were wrong? Try selling it and aura with a different badge other than maruti or Hyundai and watch it tonk.

To the majority including me, Aura's design looks bad. If some people like it, nobody should be bothered by it. Different perspectives and all.

Last edited by Avinash_R : 20th December 2019 at 11:24.
Old 20th December 2019, 11:26   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
What is that "Driver Rear View Monitor" they have mentioned about? Is that just the IVRM with a different name?
This basically allows you to keep your Rear Camera ON even when driving in your forward gears. I have no idea what's the use of the feature but Hyundai seems to think its relevant because it got carried over from the Venue. Its distracting at best to see the rear camera on all the time on your HUD.

Cheers
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 11:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Even with the badge Aura will have a tough time. Because unlike CSUV market where the WRV looks like a hatchback, Amaze is a formidable competitor in the compact sedan market.

Aura mostly will have the same fate as the Xcent. Third place in the compact sedan rankings. Dzire and Amaze somehow looks like complete sedans even though they are sub 4 metres. Aura looks too busy without a hint of grace.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 12:10   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Come on guys, it is not this bad. These days especially on Team BHP, there is a lot of bashing of newly launched cars. Espresso got nearly 100 dislike posts and then Altroz was made to subject to harsh criticism.

I agree. People who are not even looking to buy the car in that segment bash any new car left and right. Let it be any car, any facelift, any new color. Many will keep on reminiscing about good ol' city and maruti 800 and old baleno designs.

To the critiques, stop it. Your cribbing isn't going to change the design at this stage. If you don't like it, leave the thread for actual interested buyers to make an informed decisions. Nobody wants to read 100 posts repeating the same damn points. We get it, you don't like it. Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post

It will be like Seltos, you can see the rear camera input on the screen while driving.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 12:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Yikes !! This is one of the most ugly car from Hyundai, never expected this. After current Santro, this is second shock we got. Looks like their designers left them and joined some other company. If possible, don't launch this car Hyundai, just keep it to show how not to design the car.
Old 20th December 2019, 12:18   #105
BHPian

Debajyoti is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks