Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 12:57   #106
BHPian

re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
I always thought this iteration of the Hyundai Verna was the worst designed Hyundai that was sold in India. NOT ANYMORE
I'd suggest you should wait for the new Creta to launch ! It'll surely take that crown!
Shashwat.75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:29   #107
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The boot lid sloping down towards the rear is such a poor design feature.

I detested it on the manza, detest it on the Tigor and here as well. They can remove the blacking out on the C pillar to improve things a bit, but it will still be sloping the wrong way.
Old 20th December 2019, 14:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Someone posted this on Facebook

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fb_img_1576831955412.jpg

If looks could kill a product, this certainly would take top ranks. After Verna transform, this is easily the worst looking Hyundai.
CarguyNish is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 15:18   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
The boot lid sloping down towards the rear is such a poor design feature.

I detested it on the manza, detest it on the Tigor and here as well. They can remove the blacking out on the C pillar to improve things a bit, but it will still be sloping the wrong way.
I for one, love that coupe like, sloping rear roof line. And, in my opinion, the Tigor is still the best looking sub 4m sedan, followed closely by the new-gen Amaze.
Old 20th December 2019, 15:30   #110
BANNED

Hyundai Aura to launch on January 21, 2020.
Quote:
Hyundai just revealed its latest offering in the compact sedan segment, the Aura, which we can now confirm, will be launched in India on January 21, 2020. The compact sedan will technically replace the Xcent in our market, however, the carmaker will continue selling the latter with the ‘Prime’ suffix to the fleet market.

Although the interiors of the Aura have not yet been revealed, we can confirm that the model will share its dashboard, switchgear and seats with the Grand i10 Nios. Its higher variants will get an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, along with a 5.3-inch digital speedometer and MID, wireless charging, an Arkamys sound system, and a rear centre armrest. However, unlike the Venue, Hyundai's BlueLink connectivity suite won’t be on offer with the Aura, instead it will get the iBlue Audio remote smartphone application.
Source: ACI
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 15:51   #111
BHPian

I really think the real intention to release this ugly duckling so fast is to ensure that when Creta gets released after this, people will have zero expectations from Hyundai and even a moderate weirdness will make people say "oh thank god!" and lap it up!
I genuinely see no other reason why this needs to be released.
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 02:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

The Aura looks like the result of Venue and the (upcoming Kia) Optima having a baby.

I can understand the first sub 4m Dzire's derriere, but not this after Hyundai made the decent looking Xcent. The Verna Transform is 'looker' after seeing this.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 21st December 2019 at 02:04.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 03:09   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Did someone cast a curse on BMW and Hyundai?

Their design language and choices are unexplainable and UGLY. The 4M rule can't be blamed in this case because Hyundai is on a downward slope from a design perspective even globally.
kiku007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 09:40   #114
BHPian

I agree with the majority here, sketches were top notch and the actual car is looking disastrous. Two reasons I could think of 1. Hyundai's overthinking design team off late and 2. The compact sedan.

I'm waiting for the govt to scrape up this idiotic 4m rule. I never found any compact sedan's design pleasing to the eye. Somehow only Tigor looks better than others. Moving into the EV phase, atleast now I sincerely hope govt removes this ridiculous rule
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 09:52   #115
BHPian

There is an Indian Youtube channel which chops off the front half of a car and then welds it with the rear half of a different car.
Aura looks just like that. Side profile beyond the C pillar looks hideous. Also an equally hideous rear.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 21st December 2019 at 10:05.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 10:47   #116
BHPian

Why is everyone bashing around the design of the car?
We have only handful of committed manufacturers left in India when all others are busy trying to dump their 5 generations old car into India and flee as soon as possible. (Eg. GM).
Yes, design is important but it is not the only thing that sells in a car. It is the complete package which sells. On that front, Aura is good enough to compete.

When Wagon R was launched, we gave it funny names. Now there is a thread which is celebrating 20 years of its presence in India. And no one is commenting on its looks aspect. WagonR was never a handsome car and it still isn't. Another example is Mahindra Bolero,Suzuki Swift, etc.

By writing 'Yikes, horrible, ugly', we all are brain-washing people to not even look at the car. As a Bhpian, we all should check the complete package. Commenting only on looks and taking a decision doesn't suffice.

MG Hector for example has nothing going for it in terms of looks department, it looked disproportionate but extra features was its USP. On the other hand, Tata has a beautiful Harrier. But market response shows who is the winner. Just good looks won't sell a product.

If Aura has good ride and handling package, then it definitely deserves to be a winner. If Hyundai fails in this aspect too, then we can definitely say that Hyundai has lost it completely. Let a complete review come out before concluding.

Cheers.
DrCar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 11:24   #117
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I for one, love that coupe like, sloping rear roof line. And, in my opinion, the Tigor is still the best looking sub 4m sedan, followed closely by the new-gen Amaze.
I too love the sloping roof-line as long as my head doesn't touch the roof when on the back seat.

However, I was referring here to the backward sloping boot-lid.
Old 21st December 2019, 11:44   #118
BHPian

Whoa! What is this Hyundai? Can’t disagree the fact that Hyundai makes one of the hottest cars in the market. What is this even? What did they want to make? A hatchback? A fastback? A sedan? An estate? A SUV coupe?
Come on. Just look at it from the front. Looks damn hot.
Those alloy wheels are just gorgeous. I could stare at that all day.
And then you go to the rear. The rear end looks like it’s constipated. No offence to Hyundai fan boys and admirers.
Is it a fastback/hatchback in international market?
They’ve blackened out the C-pillar giving it a floating roof look.
Vasanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 12:11   #119
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the Jaguar XJ also had a blackened C pillar but that actually enhanced the sleek profile of that car

But jibes at the design aside, I feel the Aura would be a compelling package overall; riding on Nios' strengths of modern well-equipped interiors and practicality.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2019 at 13:25. Reason: As requested.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 12:20   #120
BHPian

This should go straight to "weird and wacky mods" thread. The front and rear have NIL cohesion and I would have believed it if someone told me it's a photoshopped picture of two different cars merged as one- and a real bad job at that.
In my opinion manufactures should stop "designing" thier cars. I long for the era when functionality won over design. To be honest that was when we had more timeless designs eg Pajero SFX , fiat Palio/Adventure, Contessa, W123 etc
Heart_Revs is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks