Team-BHP - Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/202915-hyundai-aura-2nd-gen-hyundai-xcent-edit-launched-5-8-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our Aura Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

According to a media report, Hyundai is currently working on the second generation Xcent. The compact sedan is expected to be launched sometime in 2020.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-xcent.jpg

The new Xcent will be based on the next-gen Grand i10 which is currently under development. The new model is rumoured to be wider and roomier than its predecessor with more focus on rear passenger comfort.

At present, the Xcent comes with a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine which produces 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm. It is available with a choice of a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder diesel unit puts out 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750 - 2,250 and comes paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The second generation Xcent could be offered with an automated manual transmission (AMT).

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Simple case of adding 2 + 2.

Hyundai is readying the next-gen Grand i10 (link), and it's only natural that its sedan version will follow soon after.

Next GEN. Xcent spied on test,

Quote:

Under the hood, Hyundai will offer BS6-compliant versions of the 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine as well as the U2 1.2-litre diesel motor
Quote:

News is that Hyundai will most likely drop the Xcent name in a bid to shake of the taxi image that has stuck to the current car
Quote:

Current Gen to be upgraed and available exclusively to the fleet segment.
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-110.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-111.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-113.jpg
Quote:

the new sedan gets the latest iteration of Hyundai’s ‘cascading grille’ – one that is even taller and wider than the current model’s, and comes with honeycomb inserts. The front bumper merges with the grill seamlessly and also comes with a wide chin and a separate intake. The fog lamp inserts are vertically placed – similar to the ones seen on the Elantra facelift – with two plastic slats and round fog lamp units. Interestingly, the new Hyundai compact sedan’s test mule features two boomerang-shaped LED daytime running lamps placed on each side of the grille. It also gets headlamps (standard halogen units) that look similar to the outgoing model’s. Higher trims could get LED projector headlamps seen on the segment leader
Link

Great Find. From the looks of it, it appears that they will continue to have an odd shaped car. In this case the new XCent seems too tall for a sedan. They have simply added a boot to the new I10 and not reskinned the car like what Honda did with the Amaze. Adding a boot to a tall car results in a odd ball shape and this has been the main shortcoming of the current Xcent.

Honestly, I like what I am seeing, this will end up looking better than the Dzire hopefully. Lets see how they style the boot area this time. From the spy shot it looks like the number plate will move on the bumper and the boot will get a cleaner look.

Contrary to the popular opinions, I've always found the Xcent's design to be understated, clean and balanced compared to its peers. The facelift doesn't seem to deviate from current design, which is a good thing.

For Hyundai though, I feel they've mass produced enough family oriented vehicles and it is time they look at the enthusiasts as well. How about plonking the 1.0 GDI with the DCT on an a sportier Xcent? Should be a fresh alternative to the ageing GT TSi.

Looks like the front seats will have adjustable headrests as the shape looks rectangular. Or is that an optical illusion?

With all the design chops that Hyundai have at their disposal, I expected them to design a compact sedan from the ground up and shake up the segment like they have attempted with the Venue with decent success.

Continuing with the "add a boot on the hatchback" strategy is just lazy in my opinion. If I am not mistaken its been more than 4 years now since they first released the Xcent.

Is this a new design or a facelift? Looks very similar to me, except the front grille portion.

Hopefully, the final design is a lot better than the current generation - it is looking hopefully outdated in front of modern competition like the DZire now.

2020 Hyundai XCENT,

Quote:

In equipment, Hyundai works to implement new features, the main weak spot against rivals, so the Korean model will have a sunroof, USB charging ports on the back or rear view camera. According to versions, it will also feature adjustable headrests and keyless entry.

The new Xcent will also debut a revised 1.2-litre Kappa petrol engine, with 83 hp removing the 1.2-litre CRDi diesel from the offering. New features include the adoption of a new 5-speed automatic "Smart Auto" gearbox that will replace the current 4-ratio torque converter, while also maintaining a 5-speed manual
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fotosespadelhyundaixcent1.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fotosespadelhyundaixcent2.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fotosespadelhyundaixcent4.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fotosespadelhyundaixcent5.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-fotosespadelhyundaixcent6.jpg

Link

Next-gen Hyundai compact sedan spied in India. Will most likely drop the Xcent name.

The current Xcent is likely to be retained in select variants for cab operators.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190810083239_z_xcent2.jpg

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190810083238_z_xcent1.jpg

Quote:

Highlights:

- Hyundai''s new Cascading Front grill
- Wraparound lights (with LED elements) extending into the boot lid
- number plate placement on the rear bumper
- added additional decorative LED strips below the tail lamps
- The fog lamp inserts are vertically placed
- boomerang-shaped LED daytime running lamps placed on each side of the grille, similar to the Nios.
- Grand i10 Neos type interiors including the large 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
Link

This could be Hyundai Grand i10 Nios based sedan which might be placed above current gen Xcent, as per the news.

Autocar: Next-gen Hyundai compact sedan spied in India

I think current gen Xcent may get discontinued except for fleet drivers, that way it will not eat up sale of the newly launched car

Front looks very much similar to upcoming Grand i10 Nios although the car in the pictures is camouflaged, so it's just an assumption for now

Well, I have no doubts here. The Xcent has already had its facelift and is nearing the end of its life. The spotted mule clearly has the same DRL position as the upcoming Grand i10 Nios, and the rear of the car is brand new as well with LED tail lamps and the number plate being moved to the bumper.

I am actually very confused on why we actually have a poll here :confused:

Isn't the Nios based sedan and Xcent facelift supposed to be the same car since the Nios is the next gen Grand i10?

Or am I missing out something here?

Here's what the quoted Autocar article says:

Quote:

According to sources, the new Hyundai compact sedan will most likely drop the Xcent name, which has become quite popular with cab aggregators. The current-gen Xcent will be available in lower trims for fleet requirements and will also be sold alongside the new compact sedan
So, this Nios based compact sedan is essentially a replacement for the Xcent.

Did anyone notice that in the first few photos, the car seems to have a tall notchback stance whereas it appears to be quite long and well proportioned in the third picture? :confused:

Going by the white SUV on the top left, it seems that the third picture (in daylight) is taken somewhere outside of India. The test car is probably longer than 4 metre in that case.