Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 10:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It makes me wonder now why is the Tuscon priced the way it is.

Feature wise it would lose to Hector and Seltos while price wise it is priced even more than the Compass.
Tucson is a CKD, whereas Seltos, Hector and Compass - all are manufactured in India. Hence the obvious price difference. That said, I wouldn't bring Seltos into comparison here.

Before Compass came in and established the market - all these companies had been playing the CKD game and declaring that the volumes are just not sufficient for local manufacturing.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 11:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Tucson is a CKD, whereas Seltos, Hector and Compass - all are manufactured in India. Hence the obvious price difference. That said, I wouldn't bring Seltos into comparison here.

Before Compass came in and established the market - all these companies had been playing the CKD game and declaring that the volumes are just not sufficient for local manufacturing.
Yes but now that this segment is finding many buyers, Hyundai ought to bring down the prices of the Tuscon. I would any day prefer a Hyundai over a entrant like MG or KIA or for that matter even Jeep.

I mentioned the Seltos only to highlight the features that is comes with. The upcoming Creta should probably be the same and these features ought to become a norm rather than exception in the SUV segment.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 11:10   #18
BHPian

I infact don't mind the Tucson going a bit more upmarket - the combination of the space, adequate power, decent mileage (diesel) and good interiors would be hard to beat!
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 11:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Until the launch of the Jeep Compass, the luxury 5 seat SUV segment was irrelevant. There were only a handful of cars with very few buyers. But now it is one of the most hot selling segments.

It makes me wonder now why is the Tuscon priced the way it is. Hyundai has always managed to find a sweet spot with Indian buyers by either pricing their cars well or loading them with features. The Tuscon has neither of the above. Feature wise it would lose to Hector and Seltos while price wise it is priced even more than the Compass.
As a prospective customer in this segment, I can tell you why Tucson makes sense to me. My heart was set on the Compass as I wanted to buy something which has solid build and handling but I also want the convenience of auto transmission. Unfortunately, the Compass Auto (petrol) test drive was a big letdown as the response from the auto transmission was poor and it is not something you can push hard which defeats the USP of the Compass. On top of it, Compass feels a whole size smaller than the Tucson, be it interior space or boot space. The Tucson offers a fantastic diesel engine which is super refined and the auto transmission is also very responsive. The interiors of the Tucson feels dated and does not give you a premium feeling (feels like a segment below, similar to Creta). I am hoping the facelift can provide better quality interiors along with some convenience features (ventilated seats, rear USB ports, front parking sensors etc), which will make it a very good option for people like me.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st October 2019 at 11:56.
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

I like what they have done. Porsche & Audi inspiration works well
The interiors could have been made bolder but they seem to look fresh !
Old 1st October 2019, 19:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
As a prospective customer in this segment, I can tell you why Tucson makes sense to me.
What I meant is that we now also have the Harrier and Hector in this segment. They are feature packed and other than the possible apprehensions about the brand (both offer extended warranties and service packs), there is nothing that the Tuscon offers over these. Yet it costs close to 6-8L more. Hyundai as a badge does not have any pull power either that a person will spend extra money to buy a Hyundai (case in point Santa Fe). All I am saying is that the Tuscon appears to be caught in no mans land and Hyundai needs to bring down the prices. Since this segment is now heating up, it would probably make more sense for them to start manufacturing the Tuscon here rather than going via the CKD route.
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

I agree that the Tucson is overpriced and as people preference start changing, this segment is going to become more popular going forward. So, it makes sense for HYundai to start local manufacturing as currently the Tucson is overpriced.
Harrier does not have an auto transmission, there are missing features and reliability concerns.
MG does not have a diesel auto (the petrol auto does not seem very interesting). Plus there are concerns on the long term reliability and A.S.S
So, really speaking, Tucson is the only SUV/crossover in the 25L range which provides a powerful diesel auto and that too from a reliable brand. I am not justifying the premium pricing but just saying that there is a USP of the Tucson even with its high pricing.
Old 29th October 2019, 15:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
According to the following report from Zigwheels, the facelifted Tucson will be launched as early as November. I also heard from the dealership that Hyundai is producing the current Tucson only on order. So, this news sounds to be true.
I like how the facelift looks. Also, Tucson needed a refreshed interior and some feature updates to compete in the 25-30 Lakhs segment. The facelift interiors look a step up from the current one. I am looking forward to this one. Might be the (almost) perfect SUV/crossover in the 25-30 lakh segment

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ch-soon/35033/
Hyundai seems to be delaying this further. Its almost November!
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:20   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a camouflaged car on the Hyderabad ORR. From the dimensions and exhaust pipe design, it looked like the Tucson. Facelifted model with BS6 engine seems to under test. The driver floored it when he found we were clicking pictures and disappeared while I maintained the speed limits!

DRLs are placed low in the bumper.

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t1.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t2.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 4th January 2020 at 08:47. Reason: Watermarks added
ashis89 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar has reported that the new facelifted Tucson will be launched in Auto Expo 2020. I saw this model on test run on the Hyderabad ORR on Jan 2, 2020. Those L shaped DRLs, placed low in the bumper, can be seen in the picture in the previous post.

Quote:
Not only will the mid-cycle facelift for Hyundai India’s flagship SUV – the Tucson – be on display at the 2020 Auto Expo, the Korean brand will also announce prices for it. Hyundai India MD Seon Seob Kim has confirmed this development.

Along with styling updates outside and in – which bring the SUV in line with Hyundai’s latest design language – the new Tucson will also feature mechanical changes in the form of BS6-compliant versions of the current model’s 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines. However, the same 6-speed manual and automatic gearbox options are expected to be on offer. Like with the current Tucson, the refreshed model is likely to come with an AWD option in the range-topping diesel-automatic version.

The Hyundai Tucson facelift will also get more equipment than the outgoing model; a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, the brand’s BlueLink connectivity suite, a 360-degree camera and adaptive cruise control are expected to be on offer, at least on the top-spec variants.

As the current Hyundai Tucson is priced between Rs 18.77-23.74 lakh for the petrol versions, and Rs 20.80-26.97 lakh for the diesel models, prices for the facelift will be higher due to all the updates. Expect a price tag between Rs 20-30 lakh (ex-showroom), depending on the variant.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...po-2020-415498

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th January 2020 at 12:34.
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:57   #26
BHPian

Its disappointing to see they are bringing the traditional front grill and not that of the N line, which is more in line with the current Hyundai design grills like the Aura and Venue.

I'm hoping for ventilated seats and the Infinity sound system without breaking the bank!
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 13:44   #27
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson facelift to be launched at the 2020 Auto Expo

The model will be priced significantly lower than the outgoing Tucson.

Ahead of its launch that will take place at the 2020 Auto Expo in Delhi next month, the Hyundai Tucson facelift has been spied testing once again. New spy images shared on the web reveal an undisguised test mule of the facelifted SUV.

Source:- https://www.carwale.com/news/hyundai...020-auto-expo/
Old 4th February 2020, 13:57   #28
BHPian

Tucson facelift to be unveiled tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-20200204_133240.jpg  

SRTH1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

Watch the Tucson live unveil here -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Here is the first look at the facelifted Hyundai Tucson for 2020. Hyundai Tucson gets BS6 petrol and diesel engines. The diesel is available with an automatic.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t1.jpg  

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t2.jpg  

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t3.jpg  

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-t4.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed