Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 17:18   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Information displayed at Autoexpo about the the Tucson. I dont know why they didn't add a column for the GL trim. It surely is going to be available.
I think its going to be available in only two trims. The GL(O) and GLS.

Does anyone know whether this is going to come as CKD or is this will be manufactured in India.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th February 2020, 20:32   #47
BHPian

GLS top trim is now available in 2WD. Wasn’t the case before which i think is a good move.

But from the spec sheet, regarding the spare wheel.
- Petrol gets a full size spare (Alloy??)
- Diesel gets a space saver tyre.

What’s the logic behind that ??
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 21:46   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
GLS top trim is now available in 2WD. Wasn’t the case before which i think is a good move.
Yes, for diesel. And they have done away with the MT. All variants are now AT. But whether the base trim is GL(O) or GL, is not clear. The Hyundai rep at the hall (who was super arrogant and hard to catch) passingly said that the base variant will be the GL. But I'd wait to see the final specs.

Quote:

What’s the logic behind that ??
I noticed that too. Beats me, as to why they would do that! The 4WD GLS on display did indeed have a 17 inch spare.
Old 20th February 2020, 15:09   #49
BHPian

Looks like the pre-bookings are open. Confirmed with a sales rep in Gurgaon. He indicated the launch will be close to when they are launching Creta, i.e., 17 March, give or take a few days - though he didn't sound confident.
Old 20th February 2020, 15:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the pre-bookings are open. Confirmed with a sales rep in Gurgaon. He indicated the launch will be close to when they are launching Creta, i.e., 17 March, give or take a few days - though he didn't sound confident.
any idea on the pricing?
Old 20th February 2020, 16:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer training is done and launch is around 6th March as per a source in the know.

Difference between GL(O) and GLS is LED headlamps, auto hold and a few other features similar to existing Tucson. Infinity audio and panaromic sunroof comes in both variants (thankfully!).

Price is unknown but looking at the way Hyundai is pricing their BS6 updates, expect a 35k to 50k hike.

However, I personally feel that Hyundai might pull a price shocker as there is nothing else going for this car.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 15:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:

What's the logic behind that ??
Since this is the BS6 version, is it possible that the DPF hardware is eating into the space allocated for the spare wheel well, for the diesel variants?
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 20:37   #53
BHPian

There are 4 Petrol and 4 Diesel Variants. Prices as per Hyundai's website but not sure if they are the upgraded versions (the NU designation at the start?) attached:

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-tucson-prices.png

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2020 at 21:36. Reason: Typos & picture aligment.
Old 24th February 2020, 22:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
There are 4 Petrol and 4 Diesel Variants. Prices as per Hyundai's website but not sure if they are the upgraded versions (the NU designation at the start?) attached:
These are prices of the outgoing model. The website hasn't been updated yet.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
These are prices of the outgoing model. There is no 6-speed AT anymore on the diesel, only an 8-speed AT. Also GLS trim will be available in both 2WD & 4WD. There is no GL variant anymore. It’s only GL(O) & GLS. Both Petrol and Diesel variants lose the MT transmission. It will be available in AT only.
Old 2nd March 2020, 10:08   #56
BHPian

Does anyone know when the face lifted version is going to be launched. The showroom guys here have no clue on the pricing or availability. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th March 2020, 13:35   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson 2021 facelift in China .

Quote:
The Tucson 2021 maintains the dimensions of the model currently sold : length of 4545 mm, width of 1850 mm, height of 1670 mm and wheelbase of 2670 mm.

As for power, the Tucson uses a 1.6T + 7DCT power train, which can offer 177 horsepower and maximum torque of up to 265Nm. Not only is fuel consumption as low as 14.9 km/k, but the vehicle has a 5-year warranty.

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-12.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-novohyundaitucson-5_jpeg.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-novohyundaitucson-2_jpeg.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-novohyundaitucson-4_jpeg.jpg

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-tucson2021.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 13:45   #58
BHPian

It's like your smile would die once you step into this car - again, nice exteriors, boring interiors!

Still, far better than what was shown at our auto expo. I hope this one comes to India (not that I see it happening!)
Old 26th March 2020, 17:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Its like Hyundai is trying out all shapes and forms of the front grill in all its cars! I mean why is the grill shape so different in each car? And the front resembles an Audi Q series. Not unique enough.

I was reading a comparison between the Harrier auto and the Jeep Compass auto by ACI, and I was just thinking how Hyundai can disrupt this segment by pricing the Tucson competitively in this territory, say just above the Harrier and below the Compass! That would be awesome!
Old 27th March 2020, 18:39   #60
BHPian

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Its like Hyundai is trying out all shapes and forms of the front grill in all its cars! I mean why is the grill shape so different in each car? And the front resembles an Audi Q series. Not unique enough.

I was reading a comparison between the Harrier auto and the Jeep Compass auto by ACI, and I was just thinking how Hyundai can disrupt this segment by pricing the Tucson competitively in this territory, say just above the Harrier and below the Compass! That would be awesome!

I agree. In a way with the discounts its already there. I paid 26.5 for my petrol GLS which in my mind was much better than paying 30 for jeep automatic or 24.5 for Harrier Automatic. Yes its petrol but really its so well put together and spacious that its worth it & looked as the next segment by many. This current facelift and this new one in my personal view looks quite ugly and I just love the European sublime look of pre-facelift Tucson

Last edited by urajkumar : 27th March 2020 at 18:41.
urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks