Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 16:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

The Hyundai Tucson facelift was unveiled at the New York Auto Show earlier this year. According to a media report, the SUV is expected to be launched in India by mid-2019.

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-hyundaitucsonmar201801exterior.jpg

As part of the update, the Tucson gets a new cascade grille with chrome inserts and LED headlights with L-shaped LED DRLs. It features a new front bumper that houses a pair of fog lamps and a silver skid plate. At the rear, the Tucson comes with a dual-tone bumper and new wraparound tail lights. It also gets new design alloy wheels.

On the inside, the updated model gets a redesigned dashboard featuring an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that has Apple CarPlay, Android Auto connectivity and 3D maps. It comes with a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel similar to the current model.

In India, the Tucson facelift is expected to get the same engine options as the current model. The 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine produces 182 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque @ 1,750-2,750 rpm. The 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit puts out 153 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic. All-wheel drive is provided as an option on the diesel version.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 20:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

The Tucson in India needs a small price correction for customers to start taking it seriously. With the Harrier being launched at around 16-21 Lakhs and the Compass already at 19-26 Lakhs, the Tucson needs to be relevant for customers who are considering these cars.

Maybe a new base variant, at around 21-22 could help. Hyundai can afford to do this , they have other cars contributing healthy sales and they can easily take a hit on the Tucson to push up its sales.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:49   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019

Nice crossover. Will be an even better package with the updates. For those who need an urban SUV and can stretch their budget over the Creta, the Tucson is a fantastic choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Maybe a new base variant, at around 21-22 could help.
In this segment (and even 1 or 2 below), base variants don't sell. Someone spending over 20 big ones isn't interested in a poverty-spec trim level.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

The headlamps look ugly. I've been in one and it shows that Hyundai can make good premium cars. I'm amazed at how much better the diesel is (on paper and maybe on road too) compared to the petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The Tucson in India needs a small price correction for customers to start taking it seriously.....Compass already at 19-26 Lakhs, the Tucson needs to be relevant for customers who are considering these cars.
The Tucson is bigger than the Compass and more substantial. I think it is the Indian mentality is the reason why it doesn't sell. I won't deny it- I'll buy a Crysta anyday unless I have parking woes.

There are many people who want a 'badi gaadi' (big car) because SUV/MUV is all about image and physical presence.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:20   #5
BHPian

Hope they raise the seat heights by 2-3 cms (all seats). Thats the only grouch I have in the Tucson, rest all fantastic!

Theres a whole thread on low passenger and rear seat on the Tucson.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:39   #6
BHPian

This was a serious contender before I put down booking money on Harrier...the outgoing model is too "creta" ish from the distance.. in fact all 3 SUVs from Hyundai stable looks too similar , many a times I have mistaken Tucson for Creta and Santa Fe for Tucson. The diesel drivability was to my liking but the handling and ride quality was not to my satisfaction coming from Duster, hope the facelift sorts that too.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 14:33   #7
BHPian

The news on the 2019 Tucson has gone completely cold. Is it still on track to be launched sometime soon? I suppose with the focus on Venue, May 2019 is definitely out. Perhaps a festive season launch?
Old 25th April 2019, 18:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
The news on the 2019 Tucson has gone completely cold. Is it still on track to be launched sometime soon? I suppose with the focus on Venue, May 2019 is definitely out. Perhaps a festive season launch?
I wonder if they would even consider this for India as a redesigned Tuscon is going to be unveiled next year.
Old 26th April 2019, 12:29   #9
BHPian

I do hope they come out and surprise us with the facelift and soon! There is no news report though on it and surprisingly even the auto portals/magazines in India except Overdrive have shown any interest in the facelift in terms of extensively covering the tucson.
Old 14th May 2019, 21:46   #10
BHPian

Any new updates on the Launch? Now that I have cancelled my Harrier booking for the lack of Automatic Diesel, I am seriously looking at Tucson again to replace the ageing Duster.
Old 14th May 2019, 22:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

I was told recently that Hyundai is offering massive discounts on the outgoing Tucson and Elantra which signals updates for both models is quite near.
Old 14th May 2019, 22:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
the outgoing model is too "creta" ish from the distance.. in fact all 3 SUVs from Hyundai stable looks too similar , many a times I have mistaken Tucson for Creta and Santa Fe for Tucson.
Spot on. I have always felt the Tucson is too similar to the Creta from a distance and this plays a part in its sales. There has to be a differentiator beyond specs and features. Appearance is a critical factor in aspirational value and when two segments look similar there is an issue. I know Audi and others do the same but Hyundai cant afford to do it. Sure they have market share in India but its not equivalent to aspirational value. I have always felt if the Tucson looked different it would be noticed.

Last edited by chittybang : 14th May 2019 at 22:22. Reason: spell check
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 07:41   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Beijing Hyundai has revealed a China-specific version of the Tucson SUV, which gets unique styling and features compared to the global version.

Quote:
The Beijing Hyundai Tucson is offered exclusively with a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine making 130kW at 5500rpm and 265Nm between 1500 and 4500rpm – essentially the same engine offered in Elite and Highlander versions of the Tucson in Australia.

All models are equipped with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, with front- and all-wheel drive variants available.
Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-0.png

Name:  5.PNG
Views: 3459
Size:  470.4 KB

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-1.png

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-6.png

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-2.png

Rumour: Hyundai Tucson facelift launch by mid-2019-3.png

Name:  4.PNG
Views: 3057
Size:  289.5 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 09:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

According to the following report from Zigwheels, the facelifted Tucson will be launched as early as November. I also heard from the dealership that Hyundai is producing the current Tucson only on order. So, this news sounds to be true.
I like how the facelift looks. Also, Tucson needed a refreshed interior and some feature updates to compete in the 25-30 Lakhs segment. The facelift interiors look a step up from the current one. I am looking forward to this one. Might be the (almost) perfect SUV/crossover in the 25-30 lakh segment

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ch-soon/35033/
Old 1st October 2019, 10:00   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Until the launch of the Jeep Compass, the luxury 5 seat SUV segment was irrelevant. There were only a handful of cars with very few buyers. But now it is one of the most hot selling segments.

It makes me wonder now why is the Tuscon priced the way it is. Hyundai has always managed to find a sweet spot with Indian buyers by either pricing their cars well or loading them with features. The Tuscon has neither of the above. Feature wise it would lose to Hector and Seltos while price wise it is priced even more than the Compass.

Most Viewed