Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 12:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Asia's longest high-speed test track in India

National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX)

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

I don't agree that vehicles will not need to be sent to overseas. What I see from the pictures, video is definitely impressive, we still have a long way to go, speaking this from my past several years of experience in different proving grounds in India and Europe - ATP Papenburg, Immendingen, Vaitoudden, Boxberg, Idiada, VRDE.

I could not see any dedicated facilities for:

1. ADAS
2. Connected and Automated Vehicles

Also for winter testing (except for drivability, cold start etc. which are often conducted in the northern part of India), vehicles will still need to be send to places like Sweden (Arjeplog) for dynamic and endurance tests on proving grounds.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 12:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
That's something significant.

Although top speed may never be a key consideration in India, this will create some R&D jobs in India, especially with the premium manufacturers to test out their cars in the heat. Maybe Indian manufacturers too will use them to develop products for the developed world.

On the downside, the number of those jobs will be limited to less than 500 max.
It's not about jobs created. We have a lot of development activity which utilises international test facilities. Even if this is brought in india along with offering it to the world, it will add a lot of economic value. Also being the latest track the surfaces would be the best to develop you cars and components.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 12:34   #34
BHPian

Re: NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility

While I know next to nothing about automotive testing and tracks, what I can definitely say is that you have to start somewhere. Back in 2000, when my industry was first being setup in India, people wondered whether we'd ever see any real technology companies of value from India (not counting services here). It took 15-20 years, but we're today at a situation where the industry has exploded and is producing world class companies across sectors - consumer, B2B, enterprise tech. You have to start somewhere. Build the infrastructure, then get the users.

Coincidentally, this area is also where one of India's first toll-roads was built in the mid 90s.

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/e...064-1995-03-31
In a country with a 10 lakh-km network of metalled roads, it is not even a dot on the map. But this 12-km-long tollway linking Indore to the industrial township of Pithampur happens to be one of India's first toll roads financed by a quasi-government investor. And by all accounts, it is a success.

Says Managing Director of the Madhya Pradesh Audyogik Vikas Nigam (MPAVN) M.P. Rajan: "We are thinking of repeating the experiment on a larger scale." Completed in January this year, the two-lane road has proved a boon for the industrialists of Pithampur, 31 km from Indore city. The town was earlier greatly handicapped, since, in the absence of a rail head, road transport was vital for access to raw material and for the dispatch of finished goods.

Last edited by andafunda : 1st July 2021 at 12:36.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:59   #35
BHPian

Lamborghini Urus hits 317 kmph on this track.

https://www.facebook.com/20753143930...9486357447732/
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:42   #36
BHPian

Proud that such a track is there in our country

NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-screenshot_20210726123540208_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

300+kmph in the Wet!!

Bonus : Drifting starts at 09:45 Headphones Mandatory!!

Last edited by Moto$apien : 26th July 2021 at 13:04.
Moto$apien is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:15   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI:
Quote:
11.3km NATRAX track is new high-speed capital of India. Seamless transition between gently curved parabolic banking & long straight makes hitting 322kph (legally & safely) in the Mercedes-AMG GTR a walk in the park
NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-e7rdnfcwubwdysp.jpg

NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-e7rdnfkwuashbd.jpg

NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-e7rdnfhwubwggi9.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

321kmph (touched 322kmph) in the Mercedes-Benz AMG GTR.

NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-02cae5fd61b54b06ac234e694114bdaf.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR0RSPnA...dium=copy_link
Old 27th July 2021, 20:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Having worked on two of the best test tracks in the world, this looks like a brilliant idea by anyone who thought about doing such a thing. And mind you, the specifications are very good and in the league of the best. The high speed oval is also bigger than what I have experienced so far. While the test tracks are pretty much state of the art, going by the pictures I do not see much of infrastructure related to controlling access, surveillance and working areas. In addition to that they do not seem to provide aids such as dummies to replicate pedestrians, dummy vehicles and so. This can also work out to be very much cost effective compared to an International location. I have noticed Mahindra test their XUV500(first gen) in Idiada, Spain. It involves a lot of costs to move vehicles and also staff. I hope that I get a chance to try out this track someday.

And for all those interested in testing top speeds, this is a better place than public roads so I hope they also allow public events. Allowing individuals is a problem, but allowing reputed institutions like manufacturers, media and related automotive agencies would be a good idea so that they can organise events.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 06:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
What is that parachute shaped road on the top right corner? what kind of testing can be carried out there?

kosjam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
What is that parachute shaped road on the top right corner? what kind of testing can be carried out there?
Thats called the dynamic platform. Its basically a huge open field and in case of the Natrax it is of a pretty huge diameter of 270m or so. It comes with an entrance ramp of 1.5kms too. What you can do here is basically anything that can be possible with the car. We use it for steering related tests to check cornering, wheel grip, lateral slip and acceleration and like its name, you can do whatever you want here. If the car is out of control, then there will be a good amount of gravel in the boundaries to arrest a car that is out of control. So keeping ones own safety in mind, anything can be done here. It is the most fun area in the test track
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 18:07   #42
BHPian

I was in Indore for 2 weeks this month. Unfortunately I had forgotten about it as otherwise would have visited it for sure. Perhaps next time I will take my humble Honda City there.

Can we mere mortals book and use some of the facilities?
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 21:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

A 0-300kph run in a Mercedes-AMG GT R on Natrax 11.3km high speed test track.

Old 29th July 2021, 20:14   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault at Natrax:

NATRAX, Indore: A phenomenal Test Tracks facility-e7eisdtuuaowcgu.jpg

Link
Old 31st July 2021, 22:36   #45
BHPian

Can we rent this track? Do anyone has information about how to book the track and whats the cost?
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks