Team-BHP - Varun Dhawan is the brand ambassador for Maruti-Suzuki's Arena channel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Varun Dhawan is the brand ambassador for Maruti-Suzuki's Arena channel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/203155-varun-dhawan-brand-ambassador-maruti-suzukis-arena-channel.html)

Maruti Suzuki India announced Bollywood Superstar Varun Dhawan as the brand ambassador for Maruti Suzuki ARENA channel.

Varun Dhawan is the brand ambassador for Maruti-Suzuki's Arena channel-1-2.jpg

Quote:

The youth icon will be the face of Maruti Suzuki’s new marketing campaign ‘A destination called you. A feeling called Maruti Suzuki ARENA.’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfHh0Ao4uo

R.S. Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki India:

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki ARENA enhances customer delight with an exciting purchase experience, seamlessly from the digital space to physical showrooms. Led by Varun Dhawan, our new campaign showcases Maruti Suzuki ARENA as a youthful and modern destination for a dynamic, trendy, social and connected car buying experience.
Source: Maruti Suzuki

On a lighter note, it seems even Varun Dhawan realized that the KUV100 was not worth endorsing lol:

No offense meant to the owners.

Never understood star endorsement of products like cars. My favourite cine actor endorsing a substandard product will never tilt my choice towards it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thilak29 (Post 4485310)
Never understood star endorsement of products like cars. My favourite cine actor endorsing a substandard product will never tilt my choice towards it.

I also never understood this. But it probably works for few people. I realised this when a KUV came in my family. My cousin brother bought one and this was the conversation which happened:

He: Bro, purchased an SUV
Me: Hey, Congrats. Which one?
He: Mahindra
Me: Wow,XUV?? Congrats, which variant?
He: No no, the smallest one. Which is endorsed by Varun Dhawan.
Me: :Frustrati

Forget remembering the specs, he couldn't remember even the model from the myriad of UVs and Ohhs which Mahindra makes. The only thing he remembers, is the actor who endorses it.

Quote:

Related thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...sell-cars.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4485325)
I also never understood this. But it probably works for few people. I realised this when a KUV came in my family. My cousin brother bought one...
Forget remembering the specs, he couldn't remember even the model from the myriad of UVs and Ohhs which Mahindra makes. The only thing he remembers, is the actor who endorses it.

No worries, he'll switch to Maruti Suzuki now. lol:

I think Maruti should loosen its purse strings a bit. In the recent past, I read about Hrithik Roshan unveiling the facelifted Tigor & Shah Rukh Khan with the new Santro.

Heck, Datsun roped in Aamir Khan! Certainly, India's largest car maker can go for a bigger star?

Quote:

Never understood star endorsement of products like cars.

A big star can make a difference to the brand / product, but not so much that it'll convert a flop into a success. The way car makers look at it - I'm paying 5 crores for endorsement. Even if it leads to xxxx more sales, I got my ROI. Plus, auto managers like a bit of glamour and posing with a big star does wonders for their ego / social standing / events.

Quote:

My favourite cine actor endorsing a substandard product will never tilt my choice towards it.
I have to admit that the reason I bought an Omega watch was my favourite F1 driver - Schumacher - endorsing it. Bought the same one, down to the model & colour. That aside, I can't think of a single purchase that was influenced by a celebrity.

While I don't dispute the rationale behind celebrity endorsement, what surprises me about this is that it is for the Arena channel. Not for Maruti-Suzuki as a manufacturer, not for a particular model but a channel that within itself will have multiple cars.

In a way, are they hoping Dhawan pulls in people to MS but is shown promoting only Arena so they can have a separate person for Commercial/Nexa and then further, for individual cars.

What about Ranveer Singh? Is he Ciaz-specific?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4486306)
I think Maruti should loosen its purse strings a bit.

We're old, GTO. :D He's probably a big deal for the teenagers. Wasn't there a study that kids tend to affect car purchases significantly. Case in point: Avengers edition.

True to the Maruti's DNA of Kitna Deti hai, Varun Dhawan fits perfectly. Not to any enthusiast's taste, but hard to beat in Mileage. As far as I remember, Varun's ALL movies till date have been hits with >100 Cr business. He is Bankable, nothing worth drooling over, but serves the efficiency purpose.

Quote:

I think Maruti should loosen its purse strings a bit. In the recent past, I read about Hrithik Roshan unveiling the facelifted Tigor & Shah Rukh Khan with the new Santro. Heck, Datsun roped in Aamir Khan! Certainly, India's largest car maker can go for a bigger star?

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4486379)
We're old, GTO. :D He's probably a big deal for the teenagers. Wasn't there a study that kids tend to affect car purchases significantly. Case in point: Avengers edition.

Yeah - when you are selling "digital experience", it is best to hire celebrities that appeal to post-millenials (those born post 1990s). Also, am pretty sure this Varun Dhawan guy is among top 10 celebrities in terms of endorsement fees.

Quote:

I think Maruti should loosen its purse strings a bit.

Hehe, true but not ture :)

Maruti has paid big earlier and wouldn't mind doing so again:

1) Sr and Jr Bachchan for Versa, though you can argue that they were not very expensive in those days and Sr B was also under tremendous financial stress due to ABCL issues.

2) Ranveer Singh - I believe he is also well paid for his endorsements.

3) R. Madhavan - Specifically for Wagon R. Quite some time back - but even then he was famous down south

4) Anil Kapoor - Only for the launch events for S Cross. They also had promoted the S Cross (earlier one) by sponsoring a Bollywood Awards Distribution function.

Maruti is again doing what it does best, pull everyone to its showrooms/products - be it anything. They just have something for everyone. Varun Dhawan connects well with many young folks for sure. If not immediately, such endorsements will pay off at a later date I guess.