Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 16:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched

Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ and Diesel SX(O) trim

Hyundai is set to launch two new automatic variants of the Verna. Petrol AT will be available in SX+ trim, while Diesel AT, which is currently offered in EX and SX variants will also come in SX(O) trim. Hyundai is yet to announce the pricing of the new variants.

Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched-verna-.jpg

The Petrol SX+ AT comes with additional features like Smart Key with engine start/stop button, wireless charging and Smart Trunk. The Diesel SX(O) AT gets wireless charging and telescopic adjustment for the steering wheel apart from other features like ventilated seats, sunroof and leather upholstery. Hyundai offers safety features like dual front airbags, side and curtain airbags (SX(O) variant), ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors and a rear view camera.

The Verna Petrol SX+ AT is powered by a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 121 BHP @ 6,400 rpm and 151 Nm @ 4,850 rpm. The Diesel SX(O) AT uses a 1.6-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine that makes 126 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1,500-3,000 rpm. Both engines come paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine is only available on the E and EX variants. It makes 99 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 132 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm and comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 24th October 2018 at 16:03.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Finally some sense in Hyundai.

They have always kept the automatic away from the top spec diesel. This is by far the best decision Hyundai has made in a while. :

Expect the Creta diesel SX(O) to get the same treatment as well.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 08:13   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:

The Diesel SX(O) AT gets wireless charging and telescopic adjustment for the steering wheel
Telescopic adjustment is a pleasant surprise. To my knowledge, this feature is not present even in the SX(O) manual.

Hoping that a Creta AT SX(O) is launched soon with the same feature set! A top end Creta diesel AT would be near perfect for my needs!
Old 29th October 2018, 00:41   #4
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:

Hyundai is yet to announce the pricing of the new variants.
Still their website is not updated with the pricing. Not sure, why they are taking this much time to announce the pricing. Is this SX+ same as SX(O)? Any updates on the pricing?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched-verna.png  

Old 29th October 2018, 11:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched

Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 17:52   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched

The guy at Hyundai who made this possible might have gone through TeamBHP .

I remember the countless comments here from members who dropped their purchase because of this reason. AT is hot right now. They should utilize this opportunity and introduce all their AT models in the top variant.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 23:28   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Any updates on the pricing?
Prices have been updated.

Petrol
Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched-screenshot_20181109232249.jpg

Diesel
Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched-screenshot_20181109232254.jpg

PS: These prices are for Hyderabad.
a4anurag is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 04:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Taking the Ciaz head on?

While I'm happy that Hyundai launched the top-spec automatics, not sure what the idea is behind launching the 1.4 diesel engine models. Does market research really warrant the fuel economy focused low power models?
Old 13th November 2018, 05:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

So Hyundai has 1.4 and 1.6 options in both Petrol and Diesel! If im not wrong, they had the 1.4 petrol at launch and discontinued the same a while ago. Or was it the 1.4 diesel? So 4 engines; with automatics in 2 of them. May be Hyundai should have tried an auto in one of the 1.4 engines; that would have made it a really affordable auto option.

Either way, I think its a competitive move from Hyundai. With intense competition between the Ciaz, City and the Verna, this move will only help Hyundai since more the variants mean a wider customer base.
Old 13th November 2018, 09:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Taking the Ciaz head on?

While I'm happy that Hyundai launched the top-spec automatics, not sure what the idea is behind launching the 1.4 diesel engine models. Does market research really warrant the fuel economy focused low power models?
Not just the fuel efficiency figures but also a lower GST rate
(Current GST Rate)
engine cc <1500 : 45%
engine cc >1500 : 48%
Old 13th November 2018, 17:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Not just the fuel efficiency figures but also a lower GST rate
(Current GST Rate)
engine cc <1500 : 45%
engine cc >1500 : 48%
I am not sure if these rates are correct. As far as i know, we have GST rate of 28% max. Am I missing something here? 45 % and 48 % sounds too much.
Old 13th November 2018, 20:46   #12
BHPian

Re: Hyundai to launch Verna AT in Petrol SX+ & Diesel SX(O) trim. EDIT : Now launched

Replacing my 2014 Vento diesel with Verna diesel SX(O) auto.

I would be taking delivery in the last week of November. Knowing the showroom sales head has made it a very very sweet deal. To summarise, the car would be costing me less than a crdi manual sx(O) making it a no brainer over Creta automatic.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 22:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post

I would be taking delivery in the last week of November. Knowing the showroom sales head has made it a very very sweet deal. To summarise, the car would be costing me less than a crdi manual sx(O) making it a no brainer over Creta automatic.

That sounds like a great deal. I'm torn between a crossover and a sedan too for my next car and leaning towards checking out the Verna too. I'm replacing the ecosport and right now I'm all over the place from the Nexon, to the Verna to the creta and harrier.
Old 13th November 2018, 22:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post

If you don't mind can you share the details of the deal you've got? It will help other members on this group get a similar deal.
Old 13th November 2018, 22:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I am not sure if these rates are correct. As far as i know, we have GST rate of 28% max. Am I missing something here? 45 % and 48 % sounds too much.
You’re right.
The GST rate is 28% while the rest is cess (based on engine capacity, length and ground clearance)
So that’s a 28+15% (cc <1500) &
28 + 18% (cc >1500)

Ground clearance cess is not included in this case as vehicles with GC > 170mm (laden weight) are levied with additional cess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks