Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 13:19   #166
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
Your Manza can not be registered anywhere as you will not be able to obtain NOC from Delhi.
May I know by what authority are you saying this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Hi.. I have a diesel DL registered 2010 Tata Manza that turned 10 in March. The car is used primarily in Mathura, UP. Will it make sense to take an NOC from Delhi now and register it in Mathura, or should I wait for 4 years and do this just before completion of 15 years?
You need not even transfer the registration to use it outside NCR for five years more, but I will strongly urge you to start the process of registration transfer to a more friendly state like UP ASAP. Ask for an NOC to your desired location and if denied file an RTI and play with the RTO till they give in as you have 5 years in hand. That is the hard and right way. If you want the easy way out, take NOC to anywhere in UP and register there. Pieces of paper with the images of the father of the nation will smoothen the process.
fighterace is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 13:29   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
May I know by what authority are you saying this?

You need not even transfer the registration to use it outside NCR for five years more, but I will strongly urge you to start the process of registration transfer to a more friendly state like UP ASAP. Ask for an NOC to your desired location and if denied file an RTI and play with the RTO till they give in as you have 5 years in hand. That is the hard and right way. If you want the easy way out, take NOC to anywhere in UP and register there. Pieces of paper with the images of the father of the nation will smoothen the process.
Hi, you're I'll informed, unfortunately.
You can't just ask for any desired location as per your wish. There's a defined list of districts for which you will get noc. You have to provide address proof of buyer for those districts. If your diesel car is beyond 10 years, you also have to first check in the published list of deregistered numbers. Rather, just check on vaahan if it has been deregistered . If so, then there's not many options apart from scrapping.

Pieces of paper with father of the nation on them will not help In Delhi at least, because it's all computerised, and fudging is nigh on impossible.
If it's possible, then instead of Gandhi, you may need Benjamin equivalents.

Have you managed to do this for one of your cars?
mayankk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 13:59   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hi, you're I'll informed, unfortunately.
You can't just ask for any desired location as per your wish. There's a defined list of districts for which you will get noc. You have to provide address proof of buyer for those districts. If your diesel car is beyond 10 years, you also have to first check in the published list of deregistered numbers. Rather, just check on vaahan if it has been deregistered . If so, then there's not many options apart from scrapping.

Pieces of paper with father of the nation on them will not help In Delhi at least, because it's all computerised, and fudging is nigh on impossible.
If it's possible, then instead of Gandhi, you may need Benjamin equivalents.

Have you managed to do this for one of your cars?
Firstly, he is not selling the car, so the NOC process is a little different- he just needs to get it in his own name and the question of address proof doesn't arise- it is taken care of by the destination DTO. Secondly, if my memory serves me right, the apex court judgement specifically mentions that NOC is to be issued when asked for, and no restriction is placed on places out of NCR. Delhi transport department is acting pricey and someone has to throw the book at them. In my case it was my friend's Diesel vehicle and he waited till it was over 15 years, as the paperwork was valid for use outside NCR. Due to the delay we had a weak case and didn't push the case.

But someone has to throw the book at the babus in Delhi, hence my suggestion. I also have given the easy way out of obeying the Delhi babudom and taking whatever NOC they give by the book, and at the government prescribed rates and no more, then using the influence of the Gandhi brand in rural UP, as getting work done there without an agent is difficult to say the least. The last part wasn't given a detailed explanation as I thought it would be evident.

Last edited by fighterace : 29th June 2020 at 14:02.
Old 29th June 2020, 14:26   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, ---snip----evident.
Interesting. I've been banging my head, and the doors of authorities to help with my car.
It would be helpful if you could post about the entire process here, because there's many of us here who're approaching the dictated end of life of lovingly kept vehicles. It would help us no end.
Old 29th June 2020, 18:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. I've been banging my head, and the doors of authorities to help with my car.
It would be helpful if you could post about the entire process here, because there's many of us here who're approaching the dictated end of life of lovingly kept vehicles. It would help us no end.
The process varies from case to case depending on the facts. But the crux of the matter is that even if you transfer the registration, you will not be able to drive the vehicle in NCR. If you want the car to not get axed, sell it to someone outside NCR before the 10/15 year period is over. My 14 year old car which I had given in exchange for my current ride is running around in Bhatinda, PB as per Vahan. But it can't be driven into the NCR.

What is your exact requirement?

Last edited by fighterace : 29th June 2020 at 19:03.
Old 29th June 2020, 19:18   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The process varies from case to case depending on the facts. But the crux of the matter is that even if you transfer the registration, you will not be able to drive the vehicle in NCR. If you want the car to not get axed, sell it to someone outside NCR before the 10/15 year period is over. My 14 year old car which I had given in exchange for my current ride is running around in Bhatinda, PB as per Vahan. But it can't be driven into the NCR.

What is your exact requirement?
Exactly the same as yours. I even found a "buyer" in a designated district in UP.

Last edited by mayankk : 29th June 2020 at 19:20.
Old 29th June 2020, 20:30   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly the same as yours. I even found a "buyer" in a designated district in UP.
Is the RTO still denying a NOC? Have they given any reason for doing so?
Old 29th June 2020, 20:41   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is the RTO still denying a NOC? Have they given any reason for doing so?
The portal asked for buyer details, and I got them. After that this lockdown happened, and I'm in Noida, while the Rto is sheik Sarai.
How exactly did you manage to get noc for a 14 year old diesel(?).
Old 29th June 2020, 21:39   #174
BHPian

Quote:
The portal asked for buyer details, and I got them. After that this lockdown happened, and I'm in Noida, while the Rto is sheik Sarai.
How exactly did you manage to get noc for a 14 year old diesel(?).
RTO is bound to reply within 15 days or so, depending on the citizen's charter, either with the NOC or a refusal. I hope you have retained the acknowledgement of submission. Please follow up on email.

Mine was a petrol car, my friend had a diesel. Technically, it should be possible to get an NOC for a 14 year old diesel, if the registration is current. But it may require professional legal assistance.
Old 29th June 2020, 21:48   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Mine was a petrol car, my friend had a diesel. Technically, it should be possible to get an NOC for a 14 year old diesel, if the registration is current. .
And that, my friend, is the difference. Was your friend's Diesel more than 10 years old?
Old 29th June 2020, 22:39   #176
BHPian

Quote:
And that, my friend, is the difference. Was your friend's Diesel more than 10 years old?

It was more than 15 years old. The registration had expired. Otherwise we could have done something.
Old 17th August 2020, 21:18   #177
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I have the choicest words for NGT right now. Ban? Fine. Will we get a refund? No! What do the NGT and the SC think? Does money grow on damn trees? It is not a joke just dumping a nice used car and purchasing some *new* laughing stock of a vehicle going by how they are priced in India (and engines/options). Why don't they ban commercial vehicles than private ones? NGT seems blind, dumb and mentally challenged. I hope that it perishes.

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 17th August 2020 at 21:19. Reason: More information
vredesbyrd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 22:17   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I have the choicest words for NGT right now. Ban? Fine. Will we get a refund? No! What do the NGT and the SC think? Does money grow on damn trees? It is not a joke just dumping a nice used car and purchasing some *new* laughing stock of a vehicle going by how they are priced in India (and engines/options). Why don't they ban commercial vehicles than private ones? NGT seems blind, dumb and mentally challenged. I hope that it perishes.
All NCR bhpians will share your frustration. What disappointed me more however, was a recent incident.

Some senior citizens had appealed to NGT to reconsider the decision for vehicles registered on their names as most don't use it beyond a 5-10km radius from home, on a daily/weekly basis. A new car is a substantial drain for people living on pensions. And this is a high risk group in these times, they cannot even opt for public transport. But no, NGT would have none of it!

Such a treatment after having worked their whole life. Honestly paying their share of taxes to the Govt for 30+ years. There is no empathy left anywhere in our country.
Dry Ice is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 23:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
All NCR bhpians will share your frustration. What disappointed me more however, was a recent incident.

Some senior citizens had appealed to NGT to reconsider the decision for vehicles registered on their names as most don't use it beyond a 5-10km radius from home, on a daily/weekly basis. A new car is a substantial drain for people living on pensions. And this is a high risk group in these times, they cannot even opt for public transport. But no, NGT would have none of it!

Such a treatment after having worked their whole life. Honestly paying their share of taxes to the Govt for 30+ years. There is no empathy left anywhere in our country.
To me its more than empathy. For every thing that the administration is unable to keep a check or implement controls on, they just now simply ban that thing.

Cant buy enough machines to measure glass tint, ban sun films in all.
Cant do anything about Pollution, well make cars useless or make it illegal to drive(Odd-Even), whereas on the other hand they continue to increase taxation on purchasing a car or fuel or insurance and everything related to it.

This ban on older cars is simply again their inability to implement better pollution check control on cars and their sub standard departments/process who check vehicle fitness. Where is it documented that a well maintained old car will always pollute more than an ill maintained less than 10 year old car.

Well, my frustration can be linked to me being in the same situation as well. I have an almost 9 years old Diesel Vento, on which I have quite literally spent my blood, tears and sweat to maintain it and keep it like a baby. Very soon it will be a pain to use it. I still have one grey area with my car which is, it is Chandigarh registered. But still I wouldn't be able to use it as I would want to.

Rachit!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 23:40   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
To me its more than empathy. For every thing that the administration is unable to keep a check or implement controls on, they just now simply ban that thing.
Well the empathy comment was just for the senior citizen's case. They could have been given relief, especially in these tough times.

For all the other points, I whole heartedly agree. Sadly, this is the new normal for salaried people. Be ready to shell out >50% of your income as taxes. And then our Govt. wonders why only 1.5cr pay "income" tax out of 130cr
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks